View Single Post
Old 02-07-07, 10:26 PM   #2
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP:

A Few Things

GFX
If any of you dudes are tight with making graphics or know a dude who is dope at that shit, could you fix up some shit for this league. We just need a logo for the magazine, a logo for battles (go in the battle threads) and a closing logo for the magazine. That's three things, it don't have to be anything grand or spectacular.. but it looks a lot better than just plain old text shit... nah'mean.

The GBA Championship
Yes, like any other league this will be never ending. We were thinking of a playoffs, but playoffs suck ass. The never ending leagues work better. So, after four weeks the rankings will come into place, and on the 5th week there will be a Championship and Contendership Match and the league will run like the LBL used to.

In-League Tournaments
A quick note on these. They will basically replace the idea of a playoffs and the idea of Special Events. With the league being theme based, the concept of Special Events is pretty dry. Instead, there will be tournaments run in-league. Do not worry though, you will not be battling in both league and tournament at the same time.
When a tournament starts, the first round will take the place of one week in the league. Then the league will resume for say 2 weeks before the next round takes place. Or, we could just postpone the league at the time of a tournament and let it run consistently to the end.
Either way, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

The Battlers
Yeah, I'm not going to give you a long detailed run down of each battler in the league. The reason for this is that there are a lot of dudes who I am not familiar with yet.
But for those people I am familiar with, let me just say that the league has some decent talent in it already. It could stand to improve. You fuckers can help with that by recruiting your friends. I'm working on getting some big names into this.
So far though, we've got guys like Showcase, Aeral, GC, Artistik, Sureloc Holmes... guys who I've seen drop some killer fucking verses. Then RV's DaTrusHurtz, Appocolyptik, Nick Fletcher... ironically the 3 moderators, but also 3 heavy hitting battlers themselves. Also, Wireless, Sonny Dimebags... a couple of guys who I wasn't impressed with when I first saw them, but even I have to agree that they can both come with the dope shit if they want to.
Just remember, this is the first week so you can't expect to have every bad ass battler in it. They've got to see what its all about before they decide to join.

So, with that said cocksuckers... make the first week fucking immense.

The Themes
For this week only, I decided on the themes. This is because there wasn't a lot of input in the thread that was left. A few people picked a theme, but I think the one with the most votes was Diss Everyone Else Battles. Then some dudes commented on how that would be a bad idea seeing as though it is starting off with more generic verses, something the GBA hopes to step away from. Now I wonder why I picked the Diss Everyone Theme to.
Anyway, I decided that instead of kicking off with one theme... why not three themes. I went with a Hollywood Theme, so all three individual themes all fell under that one major theme.
You may have read in the rules regarding certain things like Actor Battles, which is a theme this week. It can come up in a future week, there are hundreds of actors out there. And if it comes up again, you WILL be able to choose your actor. The reason why I picked for this week is because the battles were up today, and that left no time for dudes to pick their own. But from now on, normal league rules will apply.