View Single Post
Old 09-23-03, 10:18 PM   #12
DaGyrlRemarqabL
..A New Breed of Femcee..

IP:

Ok...
This was very hard because both of you are obviously very imaginative and innovative writers...Each in your own respective ways...

Content~
You always use a lot of personification and that type of thing in your verses, and to tell you the truth, Im a sucker for it. I loved the first stanza,

*awaiting the suns battery to die one sixth of
the moon to cry.....

and that line was just brilliant.

*no scapegoat needed ive gave up on
your existance...
some followed but on the other hand
many didnt listen...

Great reference to the topic, important line in many ways, sort of gave way to the direction the piece was about to take.

*this misconcepted super flukes stuck in electric
bugaloo...crush groovin....
this lil gerber babys turned his back so
motherfuck movement...

Ha....That line was outstanding...The entire image emitted from it, and I love the "lil gerber baby" part..says a lot about the person.
Last stanza was great, the whole tone of the piece was superb, great imagery, nice vocabulary~every word seems perfectly chosen..and It took me a while to understand the groundhog references at the very end, but after a couple minutes I was taken aback as it all clicked and came together for a pretty impactful ending.
Nice job, Content.

Necro~
Your verse was tremendous. Seriously, profound and intense in a way that really made the topic and, every line supporting it, shine through.

*Don't interfere with the fear found in the atmosphere
Let the worm squirm like a vaccinated germ
I appear to your ear like a sincere souvenir
And I say not to burn the turn that you'ved earn

Incredible Imagery in those lines...Imagery is key to getting inside the reader's head..This was a great way to do that and an excellent way to start off the piece.

*As the world turns, as the world turns
As the world turns, we turn our back on the world
At least I do, trying to be like every boy and girl
First I was twirled then swirled, my guts hurled

Amazing how the repitition of a few simple words can be so significant! I sort of got the image of a roller coaster from the last 2 lines there, which could be very symbolic.

*Unfurled was I as I walk with a pearl in my eye
But never about me has anyone ever asked me WHY?

This is the point where the piece really started to pick up, in my opinion.

*Incohereant and unconventional, I'm never understood
Even when I speak so plainly I'm still never understood
So I turn by back on the world, and they never understood
I'm a mime on the phone, Or a cardboard box for a home

^Undoubtedly the best part of the entire poem. The last line there is just so deep and powerful.
And lastly:

*Dark apocolyptic orange clouds rain inside my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red
That only happens when the green leaf becomes gray smoke
And that makes me more incohereant, what a joke to invoke!

I loved this ending...Seriousness mixed with a little dry humor... and quite bizarre to imagine "dark apocolyptic orange clouds" raining inside ones head, and then have the "but that doesnt mean my eyes will soon be turniiiin red" jingle pop into your own...quite effective, yet it reaches the reader on other levels as well. As were the last lines (effective), and the ones in caps lock- which I couldn't really tell if they were part of the piece or just your own personal statement..But it doesnt really matter, cuz either way they seemed to fit in.
Brilliant BRILLIANT piece Necro..Nicely Done.

Content, your piece was extremely well written, great instances of poetic elements sprinkled throughout..You seemed to pull it off, the way you sort of sliced the topic into different aspects to create an emotion in total of them all...
Yet, I liked the way Necro's, contradictively, stayed more concentrated, almost like this allowed him to focus in more on the details and in turn reach further into the imagination to twist it and result in exactly the emotion he wanted to...
Its VERY HARD at this point, 'cause both were effective in their
different styles............................................ ........
aaaaahhhhhhhh....
i gotta go with Content..
Necro, you put up a hell of a good fight tho. I almost was going to vote for you but after rereading a 457th time, I felt Content's ending overall gripped me up the most, and also left me reflecting on the whole message in general, the turning of one's back to the world....
Yours was equally powerful, But I think Content barely slips into the win.
HARD HARD thing to do, pick out of you two wonderful writers.
Im never judging again. Seriously.
Nice job kids.
and Necro, sorry I couldnt contribute to your goal of getting past the second round...

VOTE: CONTENT