View Single Post
Old 02-08-11, 05:01 PM   #39
JTR
Jack The Ripper

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
You've got me pegged all wrong.

By all the means follow your false sense of security. If you were a real man you could break your habbits and further yourself on your own. Regardless if you do or not with this belief that somebody is helping you, it's only going to be you doing it. The sad part is that you won't even enjoy that satisfaction of your own personal achievements because you'll thank something else for it when there was never anything there.

I never said I don't believe in the existance of a higher power, but to follow the Bible? That's the biggest running joke I've ever seen.

There's no Heaven and Hell and no matter what you do you're not going anywhere after you die. Quit telling people what to follow and actually do something for them that matters, that'll really make your spirit fly.

I agree with everything except "you're not going anywhere after you die". People need faith, if we feel like there's nothing after we die, then what's the point of living right now. A lot of people would feel that way. There obviously has to be a higher power out there, be it that higher power is simply science or infact a celestial power. Either way humans contain energy and energy cannot be destroyed. I feel like our energy will travel somewhere and be in peace, or atleast our energy will become one with the energy of the universe and to me, that would be a beautiful thing....

And Adam never said the bible teaches hate, he said it teaches fear, which is true. Accept Jesus as your savior or burn for all eternity in hell, yea that doesn't sound like a threat to me at all.... Obey the commandments or suffer the punishment of God, yikes. There are many stories and accounts in the bible where God interacts with humans and punishes them. When they all believed in some giant statue God got mad and punished them because it says in the commandments "obey me as your only God". Word? Well didn't God create humans with free-will according to the bible? So he gave muh fuckas free will, then gets mad when they use their free-will to believe in something else? A God who gets butthurt over something he himself allowed humans to do? Yea that doesn't sound fishy at all. The bible tries to humanize God so much in order to make us relate to him it's disgusting.

Like Adam said there's a lot in the bible (and any other holy scriptures of almost any other religion) that has a lot of positive aspects that are good for people to follow. But the bottom line is, God didn't write the bible, and neither did Jesus. It's all second hand accounts of stories that happened, written by a man, not by God or Jesus (though it claims to be their words) and translated over years and years and years. If you think it's still the same text as the original bible in its original language, oh man... No, sorry but no. And like I said when a story is written about Jesus, it's not Jesus himself who wrote that story, it's someone else giving their own version and viewpoint on what transpired, not a first hand account from the lord and savior Jesus Christ himself. Some people may not believe that the stories in the bible ever happened. I'm undecided but one thing I do consider is that, even if these stories actually happened, I have a notion that they would be very different if they written by Jesus himself. If my best friend wrote a story about a party we went to together and everything I myself did at this party, it'd probably be a very similair account of that nights actions as mine would be if I was the one who wrote it, but there would definetly be differences. And that's just a one night thing about something simple...

Also like I mentioned these are passed down and translated stories too. You remember that game you used to play as a kid where you'd all sit in a line and one person would whisper in the ear of the person beside him a phrase like "mother went to the store and got some milk today" and by the time the phrase went down the entire chain of people and got to the end and the teacher asked the last person what the phrase he was told was it'd end up being a similair phrase but very different like "mothers at stores bought milk for days" Yea well... you know exactly what I'm trying to say.

You need to realize that back then people were not as educated and when stories traveled they tended to get highly exagerated. Such can be seen throughout all of history. There are many written accounts of great Roman emperors who did something spectacular like winning a great battle and when you read a written account of the events and compare say a west-roman account of this great battle compared to a east-roman account you notice they are similair yet bear so many differences that it would lead one to believe, had they not known, that these were stories of two completely seperate events even though they are not. Almost always in most cases it appears that the account written by someone in the area closest to where it happened is always so much more simple then the account written by someone further away who the story eventually travels too, and such becomes one of an all powerfull and celestial and god-like Emperor who is immortal and etc etc when the other account closer to where the events actually occured simply state something like he was a good General this day and they won a triumphant battle and then held a festival to celebrate. Humanities class teaches this and shows documented proof of how accounts of the same event written by someone who heard it in the western part of the empire can be so different from one written in the east.

Suffice to say this leads me to believe that stories such as David and Goliath may very well be real, but just highly exagerated accounts. Back then people were much shorter, that was the genetics back then. People were much shorter then they are now. If Kobe Bryant back then was a warrior who killed a bunch of people in a battle, an account of the battle would probably say something like "A 10 foot giant god of war who could slay 8 men with one swipe of his over sized blade destroyed the entire army himself" Trust me. Because people back then were not educated and things that seem simple to us these days, may have seemed like spectacular events back then. I really doubt Goliath was 9"5' tall like the bible says because it very well states that he is infact human, just a giant human, but says nothing about his extreme height coming from any kind of celestial power. Really? Because the tallest human officially documented was Robert Wadlow and he was something like 8"10' and died in his early 20's because being that tall isn't healthy. So how could someone from a time period where people generally aren't even close to as tall as they are these days, become 9"5' and still be healthy enough to not die at such a young age regarding their medicine was shit compared to today and still be healthy enough to be a great warrior? Robert Wadlow needed fucking braces to walk.... Goliath was even taller running around slicing guys the fuck up in battles? Ok, sure.

The dude was probably 6"5' which back then seemed massive. I doubt anyone would even have the balls to walk up to him and be like "uhm hey can I messure you and find out how tall you really are?" because he probably was some crazy barbarian that'd just fuck you up for asking. So people just looked at him and were like "holy fuck he's tall as shit lets write about him and just assume he's 9 feet tall because we're dur dur dur stupid and don't have a 21st education".

No but seriously just use your fucking brains. We aren't the 1600's anymore. Accept the fact that science is real. I'm never going to say the bible is false, the stories could very well be real, but please consider that they may infact be highly exagerated and should not be taken literally but only read for the messages and morals they possess.

K I know you're all too Godly to use common logic because you've been brain-washed for too long but I'm not saying anything bad or negative or down-playing any religion. It just is what it is man, and deep down you all know what I'm saying is true...

Luke 9:42
And still as the boy came forward, the demon dropped him to the ground in a convulsion, and Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and delivered the boy back to his father.

Sounds to me like a regular ass epilectic seizure. Jesus probably witnissed this and jumped on the boy and held him firmly so the kid wouldn't spaz out and hurt himself, then once the seizure was over the people around him were like "omg wtf was that, that kid was shaking like crazy he must have been posessed but 30 seconds after Jesus held him, he stopped, so Jesus must have gotten rid of the evil spirit OMGZ!!!!" and then they wrote that passage......

No but seriously.... come on guys.... seriously.