View Single Post
Old 05-13-08, 12:16 AM   #1
Goodbarz
Herb

Motion Picture Mayhem Review

IP:

http://www.zshare.net/download/114866707e1675e8/

Thats the link to download

I want to be a writer for like XXL or something when I grow up, so this is my first review, trying to be as honest as I can

I am sure you all know Michael "Determined" Barber and if not you should download that link....I have been a fan of his since he was on tour with Nappy Roots in 2002...Got the album in the mail today and I must say this shit is pretty damn good, even though I am a fan...

1.The Intro is waaaaaaaaay to long, sorry Michael it is, no lyrics either C
2.Brick, this sample is flipped crazy, and he has some nice lyrics in the first verse not feeling the second verse A-
3. Fly Away-Best verse on the whole CD. It took me awhile to get all the punchlines A
4. My Hometown-I love the hook, but other than that this is C minus
5. Average Mo Fo this is my fav beat on the album, lyrics are on point too
B+
6. Wicked Jump Shot-I always liked this beat, the lyrics are good but the song is waaaaaay to short B
7. Starving Artist this song is Average, beat is subpar lyrics are average B
8. Lost a Brother feat. Akon-Love this track,and I hate AKON B-
9. Fear and Loathing... Great skit from a great movie B
10. Day Dream Flow could have been better on this one B-
11. It's Michael-not that great another C
12. Roll Out feat. 3rd Bar hook is hot lyrics are average so is beat B-
13. Funny How great sample, and he kills it lyrically A
14.Sometimes this shit is epic right here could have been lil better cause the beat gets repeative, but it is really good hook is amazing A
15 Turn the Page-love the sample flip, michael has some nice lines in here
16. Heart the Game another great sample and the shit from the movie blow is a good fit A
17 Imagine-best song on the album lyrically, hook, and beat A+

I give it overall a B

I could have been an A, but there was too much BS songs. I know I am a fan, but I tried to as bias as I could. Either way this will be in my Ipod for a while

Andy "Goodbarz"