View Single Post
Old 11-07-07, 02:09 PM   #140
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
When did Nas say Hate Me Now was garbage?
The RR Anthem was FAR FROM MEDIOCRE. The beat is classic, the video is classic and the song in general is classic. Majority of dudes lets say 18 and up still know every word to that song.
The radio dont use sub par music from great artists, its what the artist put out as their single. And lately, the type of songs artists have been putting out as their single is wack as hell.
The point Im trying to make is that radio has gotten wack as fuck.
Why?
Because all they play is southern shit, dance shit, or bitch shit.
Compare that to the 90's and the early 2000's when they used to play songs that had a rapper actually rippin shit up.
Like I said, when was the last time you heard a song on the radio and thought to yourself "damn this nigga is spittin" or "wow his lines is hot"? A LONG ASS TIME.

And for the other guy.. you said Plies was hood thats why I said ugh. Cause he's horrible. Its time to face the facts people.

Im gonna level with you for a second....but before that...Nas said it was garbage on an interview on hot 97...about 3 years ago...i can go into exact detail of why he didn't like it if you need...and ruff ryders anthem wasn't mediocre....BUT COMPARED TO THE MUSIC THE RUFF RYDERS ANTHEM WAS MAKING.....IT WAS MEDIOCRE....seriously man, don't just skim through what I write to you...this is the 4th time i've said it now....in relation to a lot of the other music RR was putting out out...the anthem is mediocre.....that's not a testement to how bad that song is...it's a testement to how good the music they were making is. And artists don't choose their singles...record execs do...which still has nothing to do with the state of hip hop...because the music is already there...it's just a matter of promotion now.....now, the radio out here, at university of oregon....is decent....they have some respectable cuts from respectable to great artists...however, i used to live on the east coast...and the radio was cool back then......BUT....i was back out there this summer....along with being in cleveland for a while(right across the lake from you)....and the radio is different out there..you're right....the radio is garbage on the eastern side of the united states..

so, now that I think about it....we really have nothing to argue about..because the what they play on the radio out there...is legitimately different then what they play out here...

oh well, atleast we can agree on something.

plies is fucking garbage.

Time is not long, and indecision is hells cemment. So the well is rented, untill heaven is relevant. Untill then, to be eloquent, sex cells, so le'ts cellibate.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote