View Single Post
Old 10-26-10, 04:51 AM   #4
JTR
Jack The Ripper

IP:

If you write something close to you, something that you can feel in your heart when your pen hits the ink, it should just write itself for you man. If it doesn't it's not meant to be, come back and write another day. It aint just rock & roll and jazz that has soul, hip hop, real hip hop, has soul. If you got soul in that track man it's going to be glorious and the words and rhymes should just flow out of you. That's something these mainstream guys can never do, they never spit from the heart.

If you write that generic club/punchlines joe budden pump it up style shit like I do most of the time then that's a different story. It's all about the mood you're in. I've had times where I only wrote 2 verses and came back to write the 3rd a couple months later. Just always rhyme in your head when your not doing anything and bored like on a train or w/e those kind of occasions and remember all your good punchlines you used and then write those down to start you off and then think of some more by flowing off the words at the end of your bars before that rhyme with it, that limits the amount of words your brain has to think about and makes you focus more so you think of something faster for your next lines, trust me man.

But every once and a while I write that shit that actually means something to me and when I do... it's beautiful it's like not even rap it's poetry like I used to write back in the day and it flows and it has feeling... and it always sounds better then any other shit I write to me..

holla...