View Single Post
Old 11-09-08, 06:59 PM   #101
сварливый

IP:

Then I guess in that situation it depends on where the person grew up - in a white or black society. My mixed friends grew up in a mixed white society so I call them mixed. I guess if they grew up in a black society they would prefer I call them black.

I had a chat with a black friend about it earlier and she said that even if a white person has a little bit of black in them, blacks would accept them as a black person regardless, in a black society.

And I told her that's fucked up because by doing that, it's being made into a racial issue, where the random 100% white kid would be subject to circumstance before he could get accepted. When in fact it takes many generations of reproducing to return to strictly white or black DNA and it doesn't change the person for who they are at that point in time, especially the 50% kids, who are without a doubt of Mixed ancestry lines, and at that point in time it lies in the perspective of black or mixed white society.

Are the inhabitants of the mixed white society or the mixed black society correct to call the person either Mixed, or Black?

Definitely a racial issue, regardless of scientific input declaring a 50% blood-line on both sides.

You see what I'm sayin'? It's like segregation all over again but without physical force. That shit's imprinted in people's heads. I never once called a mixed kid black and I won't ever, unless of course they asked me the color of their skin and they were darker than brown.

edit:
You can't have a white dad and white grandparents and black mom and black grandparents all kissing you and calling you family at a family reunion if you weren't black and white at the same fucking time. lol
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|