View Single Post
Old 06-06-07, 06:11 AM   #10
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha .Q
The bible says in Psalm 53:1 that "Only a FOOL says in his heart 'there is no God." and that those types are "worthless."

The bible mentions 7 sins specifically that God absolutely hates. One of those is man's arrogant pride.

The apostle Paul warns in the book of 2 Timothy chapter 4 that there will come a time when people will have "itching ears" and turn away from the truth for fables.

Jesus tells his believers in the gospel of Matthew chapter 7 not to "give that which is holy to dogs" and then says, "...neither cast your pearls among swine."

Swine is synonymous with unbelievers.

The bible also says that, and I'm paraphrasing here, "No man can come to God unless God first calls him." That means that people don't have the mindset to accept or acknowledge God unless God first opens up their eyes

The apostle Paul again says in the book of 2 Corinthians chapter 4 that "[satan] has blinded this world from the knowledge of truth." That truth being the Gospel of Jesus Christ and his inerrant roadmap to redemption.

No Christian who truly understands the word of God would waste his/her time aruging with an infidel. The truth is, whether someone believes in God or not doesn't detract from the fact that HE exists.

Make no mistake. People can mock God all they want. But, there is a day of reckoning coming in which we will all die, and then face HIM in judgment. Jesus in full glory will judge not only our actions, but our words as well--good and bad.

Those who have accepted Him will be forgiven. Those who refuse to accept Jesus as their savior once made privy of this light will suffer eternal damnation.

God will love you ALL THE WAY TO HELL. Richard Dawkins will also bow at the throne of God and confess that Jesus is Lord.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

He who has an ear, let him hear.

I personally don't really mind what you are saying, but I am going to argue with you because some of it could be considered offensive to non-Christians or even Christians.

Let God be true and every man a liar... Do you believe your own beliefs enough to apply them to yourself? You don't even know what you're saying, how much less is your point conveyed to those that listen to you? Do you think spreading the message of Jesus involves insults and threats?

Do you think the bible is sacred? It isn't God, so get over sticking your face in a book for strength and find it yourself. I know exactly what you are going to say. "The bible isn't God, that's obvious. I never said it was. Why would you even think something so ridiculous lol? The bible is sacred and important because it is the WORD of God. It is God speaking to us and telling us his will. It is God reaching out to us and comforting us, giving us strength and advice."

That is incorrect. The bible is the word of MEN who knew God. You are a fool for clinging to it and suckling on it for security like a baby would his thumb. Not only the bible, but community, tradition, and religion in general. Take it for what it is. Learn from it and move on. Why would you confine your idea of God to a book and some being that is all powerful and judges you, or whatever you think God is? It is far easier to find God out in the street, up in the clouds, mountain ranges, trees, birds, people, whatever... God is everywhere. The bible is a tool, it isn't anything more. It's a signpost that points you to God, a signpost made by men that knew God, loved everyone and wanted to help people.

You also have to be realistic. Not every man in a position of power in the last 2000 years has been pick of the litter. You must agree that in this world evil is a more noticeable and seemingly abundant quality than good. The signpost that is the bible might sometimes be a bit off and point you in the wrong direction. This is because of people, selfish people that for whatever reason were seeking personal gain and were not acting out of love for their fellow man. THEY are the people that FORCED everyone into believing Christianity by threatening them with hell. The ones that waged war in Gods name, clearly disobeying the bible which they apparently cherished so much. It's the fucked up people's fault that religion is so screwed today. Their bad deeds not only affected them, but still affect todays society. I know so many christians, so many priests that love people and want to help them, but they are tricked. They misunderstand the now mangled and distorted message of Jesus, and preach falsely to equally unfortunate people that believe what they are told.

The apostle Paul again says in the book of 2 Corinthians chapter 4 that "[satan] has blinded this world from the knowledge of truth." That truth being the Gospel of Jesus Christ and his inerrant roadmap to redemption.

The apostle Paul warns in the book of 2 Timothy chapter 4 that there will come a time when people will have "itching ears" and turn away from the truth for fables.

This must be a rare gem of wisdom still intact after 2000 years, although you have mistaken its meaning. Yes, Satan has blinded many, he has blinded you and whoever taught you, and he has blinded me. I beg of you, please listen to what Paul has to say and see if you can see what I'm saying. I propose that many Christians are being blinded to the truth for the reasons that I have mentioned. The bible itself, the teachings of modern religious institutions and organizations, THEY are the fables Paul is talking about. It also includes other falsities, but its that critical possibility that people miss.

The truth is in plain view. Get rid of all of your conceptions and your ego, and your previously clouded vision of life attains a clarity that is completely beautiful, something like nothing you have ever experienced before.

Logically, the thing you should do right now is say to me:

"Hang on a second Mr. Smart Ass... How do I know you're telling the truth? How do you know what you believe isn't just another thing that's clouding your vision? What if what you believe is also a fable like Paul said, and you don't really even know the truth? How can you say that you are in a better position to make judgments about these things than I am?"

Too fucking right. You're catching on. I'm nobody, I'm just another guy like you in this universe living a life. Why indeed should you listen to a word I'm saying? I am happy that you are thinking that way, it means you aren't an idiot.

Here comes the hard part... It's easy to view things around you with a critical frame of mind, in fact its too easy. That's why there is Theist vs Atheist debates, and wars about religion. That's why I can criticize your point of view and you can criticize mine. The difficult part is that you have to kill yourself. You have to basically completely own the fuck out of yourself. It is a leap of faith, but you need to criticize your entire life, your beliefs, your way of thinking, your personality, your motives. To be honest, it is terrible. It is basically hell. To see everything you have ever stood for in your entire life just mean nothing all of a sudden. Everything you ever thought about yourself and the universe, gone in an instant. And I'm not talking about criticizing yourself like "hmm, I wonder if Christianity really is true? I wonder if I have made the right decisions in life?" ... It is nowhere near as tame as that. I am talking about looking deeply into yourself and penetrating the nature of your existence. The truth hurts . It feels worse than death ever could.

But what did Jesus teach us? After death comes resurrection and eternal life. At that point, you are in heaven.

So whatever, man. You can live an amazing life and truly know God, or you can read book and hang around with people that love morning tea and contemporary christian music and shit. I am not saying every christian doesn't know God, I'm just saying most have no idea wtf they are on about, same with non-christians as well. Then again, do I even have any idea what I'm on about? That's your call.