RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-06, 10:30 PM   #31
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: 676B 9D48

your first point about talking to nothing...

I can see your logic here, but it does make sense in a psychological aspect, because it sounds cliche and lame, but it's like when you hear support groups give advice to look in the miroor and tell yourself..."i am a good person" it's not necissarily THAT therepeutic on a spiritual sense, but it's convincing the mind of something that silence might not be able to do...i think it's very possible that christianity, just like every religion...is majorly flawed because it was thrown together by imperfect humans. It doesn't matter what kind of deity is behind the creation of religion, what matters are the people that build it. And in praying, it is atleast a little convincing that something is out there, thus creating a reason to live your life better...and bringing you closer to righteousness and a God..if a God truly exists.....theres another point i want to make, but i see you brought it up so i will adress it later...

your 2nd point about how it's win win with christians...

it's irrational to say that everything that falls in place in the world is strictly coincidental...theres too much relevance to everything....however, i do agree with you in a semi sense...that sense is that people do tend to give god credit for everything good and everything "bad"..i think they fail to look deeper into the situation though...example..the death of a loved one is more than God bringing them home, the death of a loved one can very possibly create reason and an excuse to do something, or for something to be done...some people need a kind of ultimate motivation...and thats the kind of thing that would fuel such a motivation...everything changed in the world, is an oppurtunity for something else to change...and thats a universal law...whether or not God exists and has a hand in that isn't what i'm saying...i'm just saying...there is some kind of connection we can make with every action and event...some people just choose God, and choose to make him look like amazing

Your 3rd point, about how people say.."how can God not exist?"

I completely agree here, that doesn't even make sense to argue that...people who say that, deny science completely..and that bothers me...however...sometimes i feel so God...i ask myself...."how can there not be a God when i feel this good"..but thats my deal, and isn't any sort of proof to anything in the world

your 4th point about God being a he in the christian religion..

this is because as i stated before, man is imperfect, and man through religion together..assuming christianity is the real deal, but corrupted by certain people....than God would not be a man...in Aramaic, which is the original language of the bible, God was reffered to as Elah, which also used to be the name for Allah, meaning...God(yes i know thats arabic as well)...and Elah doesn't have a gender, it is not male or female....it's been said that mary magdalene's name as a prostitute was blasphameny to give men power over the church, perhaps portraying a God with no gender, as a male...would also do the same thing...i believe it would

your 5th point about the contradiction of God being all loving and merciful and having infinite grace

this is a great point. I think what a lot of intelligent people misunderstand is though..is the word faith...faith isn't the convenience of believing in God because there is no reason not to, Faith is believing in God because you choose to, regardless of what Logic tells you. intelligence is a great test of faith...i just wanted to point that out, thats about all i have to say for this point

your next few points

I think God impregnating a 13 year old virgin is an example of his power, i mean..if she wasn't a virgin, people would say, "yeah right, your obviously not a virgin" and at 13...theres a chance she probably wasn't fertile yet...so thats a "whoa" factor all in itself...i also thinkg Jesus was more of an example of the greatest sacrafice known to man, to prove some kind of love....also, i believe anyone who thinks they are righteous, or better than anyone...have a horrible grip on reality, and religion...and christianity...i don't feel that christians were meant to feel that way, i think it's something thats been misinterpreted...and on the idea of believing things we've blindly been told....i live by this rule, which is also..a universal rule..."You only know what you experience" Everything we're told, even with pictures, and books and t.v and radio, the only way we truly know it's true, is if we experienced...yet we take in thousands of pieces of information daily without experiencing them, and still don't 2nd guess it, and there is no direct proof of anything unless we've experienced it...I can tell you this, i experience emotions not even I, or the greatest wordsworker can describe to the fullest, i feel love, i feel hate, i feel envy, i feel everything...i feel things God has said we're supposed to feel since the beginning of time...if i chose to believe in God, that could very well be my testimony...theres more proof of anything devine through emotions, than there is of man walking on the moon....

all in all..i liked this post...you brought up some great points.....i just think that christianity is completely warped from what it's meant to be....and thats all..sorry it's so long

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote