RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance > Audio Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-05, 06:45 PM   #1
Bangalore

Text Record: 10-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
What is the best mic i can buy?

IP: CF4E 8780

ok i am going to make a studio in my summer house.. and i am looking to buy some equipment.. so what i need to know is what is the best audio mic that i can buy...best editing equipment.. basically give me a list of what i will need.. i am looking to spend no more than 20 thousand on this... but i will spend more if i have to .. thanks for your input.. o yea is ebay a good place to obtain all of this ??

Free Time...

I Live the Lifestyle You Want to Live

Secret Society/Cut Throat
Old 03-08-05, 12:18 AM   #2
Determined
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 28AD 5545

just look for a condenser of any kind that takes phantom power..........beohringing or however you spell it has some great ones for like 400, better then the ones goin for two three thousand.............damn, i just read that this was for your summer house and no more then 20 thousand? fuck, can I come visit, I can be your engineer? but for real, I kno all about cheap, but good studio equipment. You will want to get a power mac G5 unless the G6 comes out, then you will want to get the Digi Design 002 with pro tools, the power mac is like 22 hundred and the 002 is like hmmm maybe 23-26 hundred. then get some soundproof shit, and that is all you need for vocals, just PM me if you need to make beats or need anything else, but you get that set up, you got the same shit eminem, brittany spears, etc., record on.
Old 03-08-05, 01:56 AM   #3
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 74C8 66CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined
just look for a condenser of any kind that takes phantom power..........beohringing or however you spell it has some great ones for like 400, better then the ones goin for two three thousand.............damn, i just read that this was for your summer house and no more then 20 thousand? fuck, can I come visit, I can be your engineer? but for real, I kno all about cheap, but good studio equipment. You will want to get a power mac G5 unless the G6 comes out, then you will want to get the Digi Design 002 with pro tools, the power mac is like 22 hundred and the 002 is like hmmm maybe 23-26 hundred. then get some soundproof shit, and that is all you need for vocals, just PM me if you need to make beats or need anything else, but you get that set up, you got the same shit eminem, brittany spears, etc., record on.

Behringer I agree with what this man is saying 101%. Props for being one of a rare breed of hard-ware knowledgable audio head.

I have a question though - what do you plan to be doing in this studio, pre-production or just recording? If you plan to do production, then get yourself an 82-key Triton, a pair of MXL990/991 kits with appropriate phantom power and like 2-3 SM58's. This is assuming you wont' be recording live bands of course. But you could get a whole pro studio (short of a full-out sound board) going for about 9-10k before sound-proofing and software asuming you go with top of the line spiders and shockmounts and such.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by Doomsday : 03-08-05 at 02:00 AM.
Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote