RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-06, 09:44 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Prayer

IP: 64CA 6C26

Communication with God...

The bible teaches us that we should always pray, and that we should pray without ceasing.

I believe prayer not only changes things, it changes people as well.

Some people lose heart when they think their prayers aren't answered. Well, things take time, even with God. When you pray for something, often times, it doesn't just affect you. So, since God is all-knowing and all-powerful, he realizes that many peoples lives could be affected by what you pray for. Therefore, God does things in his time when HE realizes they'll be beneficial to those involved. Also, sometimes we pray for things out side of God's will for us. I often pray that God leads me, even as I pray! That way, I know I'll pray for things that God wants to happen in my life.

Prayer isn't only for believers. Non-christians could pray to God in Jesus' name and he'll hear you. THe thing is, he wants to have your heart first. Is it really fair to not live for God, not do ANYTHING for him, and expect him to be your cosmic errand boy?

NO.

Jesus is lord.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 12:02 PM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 586B 2294

What about staving third world countries?

People pray for them all the time.. Fixing world hunger for good would be beneficial to all man kind.. And yet it remains as big of a problem as ever.

Praying is not really about asking for things.. Praying is thanking god and showing your greatful for everything hes given you in your worldly existance however big or small that may be. The only time you should ask for something is if you want to ask for guidance to help see you through a hard time...

The world is like a machine running on cause and effect. Everything occurs in time as a result of a strict mechanism and order being carried out. God isnt going to just give you things cause you ask for them or want them... The more you selflessly give as a human being the more you will recieve as the chain of cause and effect works in your favor.

They call it Karma.