RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-06, 09:10 PM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Being gay is NOT a "choice"...here's my explanation

IP: 64CA 6C26

1st of all, I am not asserting that homosexuality is something one is born with, though that could be true. I am simply offering you the perspective of someone who is gay, and has been since puberty.

#1...When someone reaches puberty, they naturally begin to be attracted to someone. Normally, this is someone of the opposite sex. But, to a gay person, this is to someone of the same sex.

#2...From my understanding, heterosexuals don't have to "convince" themselves to be attracted to the opposite sex. They just are. Conversely, gay people don't "convince" themselves to be attracted to someone of the same sex. They just are.

#3...The only "choice" there is in sexuality is whether or not you choose to act upon those natural desires. Naturally speaking, homosexuality is "natural" because it occurs in nature. Proof? PEOPLE ARE GAY! Also, homosexuality has been proven to exist in other ape and monkey species. Morally speaking, most would agree that homosexuality is wrong.

#4...No one can dictate who they are attracted to. You just are. I as a gay guy can no more FORCE myself to be attracted to men as a straight guy can FORCE himself to be attracted to women. I am attracted to who I am attracted to. Also, just because a guy is gay, that doesn't mean he is automatically attracted to ALL men. Are ALL heterosexuals attracted to EVERYONE of the opposite sex? No.

#5...Some people argue that gay people are rebelling. That makes ZERO sense. Most gay people remain gay all of their lives. Don't let anyone fool you by saying, "I'm not gay anymore." They may not be active in the lifestyle, but those desires are innate. Why would anyone, especially teenagers, choose to be gay when probably MOST people disapprove of it? Why would someone randomly force himself to NOT be attracted to the opposite sex just to be with someone of the same sex? That's not logical. Sexuality is part nature and part nurture. When a straight man sees a female who is sexually attractive, he gets aroused naturally. He doesn't consciously control his penis. It's the same for a gay man, except the stimulus is someone of the same sex.

Sexuality is not all black and white. Most people aren't 100% gay or straight, but somewhere in the middle, along a spectrum of sexual orientations. The problem is, people get hung up on labels and titles and limit themselves and their perceptions of other people.

In conclusion, gay people experience life the same way straight people experience it. They bleed red blood like everyone else. Sexuality is a small part of who anyone is overall. So, it only begs the question: "Why are people so hung up on who a person loves?"

Open your minds in 2006 people. You don't have to agree with something to understand it.

Last edited by Tha Q. : 03-12-06 at 09:15 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 09:17 PM   #2
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
IP: 5DCA FD8E

Ive known all along that bein' gay is in your ''geines''...or however its spelt lol

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 09:18 PM   #3
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5350 A834

wuz it yo choice 2 b attracted 2 utha guys? no.

i think gay people r born that way n anybody who duzznt think that r narrow minded hillbillys.

like, i dont choose 2 b attracted 2 hot bitches, i just am, cuz i wuz born straight, naw mean? werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 03-12-06, 09:21 PM   #4
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo
Ive known all along that bein' gay is in your ''geines''...or however its spelt lol

take out the "i"

lol

yea

and COlby...no doubt bro...ur right...ur pituitary gland controls your hormones...Last time I checked, you have ZERO control over that.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 10:11 PM   #5
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 586B 2294

Why did you bother making this thread?
Old 03-12-06, 10:13 PM   #6
*Phantom*
-Not On My Level-

Text Record: 4-4
IP: 60C0 4289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Why did you bother making this thread?

it was meant for all the simple minded people who keep making little herb threads stating he is gay...it gets old quickly
Send a message via AIM to *Phantom* Send a message via Yahoo to *Phantom*   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 10:20 PM   #7
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

What are you? His secretary?

Let the dude answer his own questions......
Old 03-12-06, 10:21 PM   #8
*Phantom*
-Not On My Level-

Text Record: 4-4
IP: 60C0 4289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
What are you? His secretary?

Let the dude answer his own questions......

aiight
Send a message via AIM to *Phantom* Send a message via Yahoo to *Phantom*   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 11:19 PM   #9
twenty9
Middle Weight

Text Record: 2-8
IP: B525 44D9

i heared on the news a few years back that homsexual people are born with a "condition" where they arent attracted to the phereomones that the opposite sex gives off, the are attracted to the pereomones of ppl of the same sex, so if this is true than i guess you are really born gay or straight.

i used the word condition not to mean as a disease but it was the only way i could describe it.

i am stright, i be attracted to many bitches.
Old 03-12-06, 11:28 PM   #10
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

LMAO Dude if thats true... Then being gay actually would be a birth defect....

Bahahahahahahaha
Old 03-12-06, 11:31 PM   #11
twenty9
Middle Weight

Text Record: 2-8
IP: B525 44D9

^ i guess technically you're right rofl
Old 03-25-06, 03:47 PM   #12
iWitness
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 5D2B CB2A

aight tha q..
i had a look at some of the other threads covering topics such as 'jesus, and the bible' and others wit similiar topics..and from what i have read, i can see that you have a broad knowledge of the bible, and u seem to have a clear understanding of its principles and such..word?
aight, so now im lost a bit..from what i understand (forgive me if im wrong), but u claim to be gay right? now if u are, then i dont understand how u can preach from the bible, but u cant seem to see that what ur doing is wrong. It clearly states in the Bible, that `a man, and another man are not supposed to lay wit each other` (in other words having sexual feelings or relationships)..even in the beginning (of Genesis), it clearly states that God created man and woman.
It also states in the Bible that `a man cannot tell his fellow friend to take that speck out of his eye, when he himself has a log in his`..in other words, a person cannot say to a another person that what they are doing is wrong when they themselves are doing wrongful things. To me, it seems that u are a little hypocritical, and i think u shud sort out ur own issues before u start telling people how to live their lives.
People are not born gay..i dont care what u say, or how many homies try to back u up on that statement..people are not born gay. And if u are as close to God as u claim to be, then u would understand this. Its all to do wit the mind, and the Devil messing wit yo head..What i advise u to do is to talk to ur God and ask for help cuz u need to sort this out boy..aight?
holla at me aight..