RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-07, 07:39 AM   #1
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
To those who suggested I "quit my job"...ABUNDANCE pt. 2

IP: 47F3 E0A2

...so that God can "take care of me," consider the following:

While what you're saying is a common belief among Christians and those who aim to criticize the lives of believers, it's erroneous and asinine.

Think about it.

God gives each one of us talents and abilities. Take a doctor for example. If a doctor who has saved lives is a Christian, should he "quit his job" so that God can "take care of him"? ABSOLUTELY NOT! If he does that, then that's someone's life who may be lost because he decided to "prove" something. On the contrary, God wants us ALL to work in the capacity of the talent he's given us. Each of our talents are EQUALLY important. It's our FALSE and COMMON belief that some jobs or talents are "better" or "more important" than others.

The truth is, God does take care of that hypothetical doctor by providing him with the talent to WORK! What parent--and yes, God is the ultimate father--wants their child to just sit around and do nothing? Even Jesus worked!

However, let's say that God wants me to serve in a "Mother Teresa" role and forsake my wealth/job/life to travel the world. I'd absolutely do it hands down, with NO questions asked. Mother Teresa is a perfect example of how the abundant energy/wealth of the universe is on constant tap to those who GIVE. By all accounts she was "poor", yet she had more than most of us will ever see.

One last tidbit...

Some people like to quote scriptures to validate their belief that God wants EVERYONE to be poor, or somehow lacking in wealth. They specifically refer to the text where Jesus told a certain ruler, "Sell all your goods and follow me."

While the scripture is clear, people misinterpret the bible this way. Jesus was speaking to that man individually. It is not a model for everyone else. There are clear examples of when Jesus is speaking in general terms for all of us to follow. But, if you study the context of the aforementioned story, the man asked Jesus, "How can I follow you?" (paraphrase). You don't know the circumstances behind him asking that or why Jesus told him to "sell your goods." Maybe this man worshipped his wealth. Jesus said "It's difficult for a rich man to make it into the kingdom of God." He didn't say it was IMPOSSIBLE. I do believe that's why most people will never be wealth in the traditional sense. God knows some of us can never handle it.

When God opens the floodgates of heaven and allows tremendous wealth to flow to and through me, it's for the purpose of building his kingdom and helping others. The cars, homes, land, jets will only be an EXPRESSION of my natural state of extreme abundance.

God is good.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 07:49 AM   #2
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Text Record: 3-3
IP: E0AB 4BA8

The Lord wants us to have many nice things but at times we will be tested.

Ok, so me personally, when i was younger i was materialistic beyond belief, my parents spoiled me (on a not rich budget none the less), i had new shows every 3 weeks crazy shit, but one night on the way home from the mall, (i threw new shoes n hoody on) and we saw a car flipped over upside down in a ditch, (im from new york, but not the city, im an hour away) but to make a long story short i had to hop out into this lil river/stream shit that was overflowing because the rain n had to pull the door open, mind you while its stuck with rocks, so i asked the lord for strength and i was able to get it open, well, i helped the guy out, the ambulance came, the guy never said thanks, the cops didnt ask me shit, than we just left, with my new clothes ruined. My mom is wonderful, shes the light of christ in my life, and she told me it mightve been a test to somehow see if i could put others before myself and my materialistic ways, i kinda see it, or it could have been coincidence, regardless im hardly materialistic now, though i still dress nice i dont O.D on that shit.

But yeah, we get tested all the time, most of the time we dont even realize it until we fail, i.e arguements

So to have and to be thankful for, but not to idolize is what i think god wants us to do
Old 03-02-07, 07:52 AM   #3
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Omg, Q, have you ever heard of Jessy Duplantis? Hes a southern preacher, hes is awesome, he teaches all about wealth and abundance and how each year is our year of overflow, hes believed it his whole life, and now the dude is rich, he has planes, and hes even going to launch a sattelite to get christian broadcasting in more areas, just saying, hes living proof that god does provide us with abundance and overflow.
Old 03-02-07, 11:56 AM   #4
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 47F3 E0A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Sky
Omg, Q, have you ever heard of Jessy Duplantis? Hes a southern preacher, hes is awesome, he teaches all about wealth and abundance and how each year is our year of overflow, hes believed it his whole life, and now the dude is rich, he has planes, and hes even going to launch a sattelite to get christian broadcasting in more areas, just saying, hes living proof that god does provide us with abundance and overflow.

Wow...thanks man...I was looking for another author to check out. But, yes, I absolutely believe that God intends for us to live in a healthy abundance. And, without letting the cat out of the bag, this year (2007) will be a year of great increase and transition. I'm almost jumping out of my skin because God showed me in the spirit what's about to happen not only in my life, but in the lives of those around me.

Things will never be the same.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 02:55 PM   #5
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

Quote:
The Lord wants us to have many nice things but at times we will be tested.

Ok, so me personally, when i was younger i was materialistic beyond belief, my parents spoiled me (on a not rich budget none the less), i had new shows every 3 weeks crazy shit, but one night on the way home from the mall, (i threw new shoes n hoody on) and we saw a car flipped over upside down in a ditch, (im from new york, but not the city, im an hour away) but to make a long story short i had to hop out into this lil river/stream shit that was overflowing because the rain n had to pull the door open, mind you while its stuck with rocks, so i asked the lord for strength and i was able to get it open, well, i helped the guy out, the ambulance came, the guy never said thanks, the cops didnt ask me shit, than we just left, with my new clothes ruined. My mom is wonderful, shes the light of christ in my life, and she told me it mightve been a test to somehow see if i could put others before myself and my materialistic ways, i kinda see it, or it could have been coincidence, regardless im hardly materialistic now, though i still dress nice i dont O.D on that shit.

But yeah, we get tested all the time, most of the time we dont even realize it until we fail, i.e arguements

So to have and to be thankful for, but not to idolize is what i think god wants us to do

you're overlooking a little thing called adrenaline.....don't even front like you didn't have it flowin through your body when you were in such a frantic situation....it's funny how christians love to take things that scientifically educated people already know and try to personify it....
Old 03-02-07, 03:07 PM   #6
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

^- na i know about that, but i literally couldnt get the door open, i was 13-14 so i wanst the strongest, it was in a steam that was overflowing and had a pretty good current as it was a downstream type deal but the car went in going up stream

And the adrenaline i had was rushing from the moment i saw the car, i didnt have a sudden increase to help me open the door i was like a controlled chicken with its head cut off, like split decision type thinking, all i knew to do was pray and you cant take away from the lord saying adrenaline got the door open cuz i know it wasnt, but your entitled to your opinion so thats cool
Old 03-02-07, 03:46 PM   #7
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

Quote:
^- na i know about that, but i literally couldnt get the door open, i was 13-14 so i wanst the strongest, it was in a steam that was overflowing and had a pretty good current as it was a downstream type deal but the car went in going up stream

And the adrenaline i had was rushing from the moment i saw the car, i didnt have a sudden increase to help me open the door i was like a controlled chicken with its head cut off, like split decision type thinking, all i knew to do was pray and you cant take away from the lord saying adrenaline got the door open cuz i know it wasnt, but your entitled to your opinion so thats cool

i know it was but whatever s'all good
Old 03-02-07, 03:49 PM   #8
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

Do you really have to make a separate thread for everything?
Old 03-06-07, 06:35 AM   #9
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

I am not saying that miraculous things are impossible or that God doesn't exist, but adrenaline is very powerful. I remember reading a story about some average stay at home mom whose child was trapped under a car, and she lifted the car up off the kid. Or people that like beat lions and crocodiles or whatever in fights but they're just normal dudes, then when they talk about it they say stuff like "I don't know what came over me" or "I don't know how I did it, I just did it." You know what I mean?