RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-05, 07:03 PM   #1
Sik Wit It

ACLU Sues School Over Rap Lyrics

IP: 258C A279

PITTSBURGH -- A 14-year-old rap fan was expelled from school after posting lyrics on the Internet that contain threats, police said.

But American Civil Liberties Union attorneys believe that Anthony Latour's songs are protected speech, and they are suing Riverside Beaver County School District for kicking the boy out.

"Anthony Latour recorded these songs in his own home. He never brought them to school," said Vic Walczak, director of the ACLU's Greater Pittsburgh chapter. "The principal admitted in the expulsion hearing that the songs did not cause a disruption in the school."

In April, Latour was removed from class by North Sewickley Township police and charged with making terroristic threats and harassment because he named another student in a rap called "Massacre."

"Anthony and this student engaged in a battle of verbal content," said attorney Kim Watterson. "It was a battle rap -- send me your discs, send me your songs, see if you can rhyme better than I can."

The lawsuit seeks to have Latour reinstated in time for the coming school year. Classes begin Aug. 31.

The school district's solicitor was not available for comment Wednesday.
Old 08-04-05, 07:13 PM   #2
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5285 DC82

what a load a shit.

they should just do some drunk freestyles
(cheap ploy to get people to click my sig)
Old 08-04-05, 07:24 PM   #3
Cocaine
Blow Me

Text Record: 31-5
IP: E1D7 D0FC

this is local news to me.. and i aint even hear it till just now.. never even heard of that kid.... blah i'll just go rip him in a free.. show him whats good..