RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-07, 04:21 PM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
OJ not served at resturaunt, lawyer claims racism

IP: 0825 899A

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Owner Boots O.J. Simpson From Restaurant
By BETH CAMPBELL
AP
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (May 9) - The owner of an upscale steakhouse in Louisville said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts.

Owner Jeff Ruby said O.J. Simpson quietly left his restaurant after Ruby refused to serve him. Simpson's attorney said the incident was racial and raised the possibility of going after the business' liquor license.

Talk About It: Post Thoughts

"I didn't want to serve him because of my convictions of what he's done to those families," Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct."

Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer and Heisman Trophy winner, was found innocent in 1995 of killing his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman but was found liable in a civil trial that followed.

Ruby - who owns restaurants in Cincinnati, Louisville and Belterra, Ind. - said Simpson, who was in town for the Derby on Saturday, came in with a group of about 12 Friday night and was seated at a table in the back. A customer came up to Ruby and was "giddy" about seeing Simpson, Ruby said.

"I didn't want that experience in my restaurant," Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention "makes me sick to my stomach."

He said he went to Simpson's table and said, "I'm not serving you." Ruby said when Simpson didn't respond, he repeated himself and left the room.

Most Popular - Last 24 Hours
Owner Boots O.J. Simpson From RestaurantMystery Swirls Around Professor's Fiery DeathGrizzly Bear Kills Moose in Couple's DrivewayWildfire Rages in Middle of Los AngelesMan Dies While 'Battle Dancing'Ruby said Simpson soon came up to him and said he understood and would gather the rest of his party to leave.

Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.

"He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did," Galanter said by telephone Tuesday night.

Ruby said the incident had to do with Simpson's past.

"It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class," Ruby said. "He showed it that night in the restaurant" by leaving quietly.

Ruby said after Simpson left, people in the restaurant started applauding him. He said he has received about 100 positive e-mails since the incident.

The walls of Ruby's restaurants are decorated with celebrity photos. A photo of Simpson and Ruby used to be on display, but Ruby said he took it down after the killings.

-----------------------

Lmfao I had to post the picture it makes it 1,000,000 times funnier.
Old 05-10-07, 06:54 AM   #2
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5E95 30E5

--__-- @ the race card being thrown in when it BLATANTLY has nothing to do with O.J Simpsons skin colour...this is why i think racism is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 07:54 AM   #3
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 39AB 70FF

lmao @ tha pic.

but pfft, even if i knew fo a fact that he killed that bitch n tha utha douche bag, i'd treat him like royalty in my resturante. wuzznt she cheatin on him or sumthin? i'll say O.J.'s innocent cuz i dont want him to go to jail, but i hope he's guilty and got away wif it O.J. > ____, werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 05-10-07, 08:00 AM   #4
strobe

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 33DE 730C

I'll have agree w/ mad dog. The guy even had a picture of him and Simpson on his wall before. As the owner, he should have the option to decide who he serves in his restaurant. If he doesn't want to serve accused murderers, sex offenders, people without shirts and shoes, etc.. that's his decision. Simpson is probably just mad that he was made to look bad in front of his 12 dinner guests
Old 05-10-07, 09:27 AM   #5
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

I don't really know where the lawyer expects to get with a race argument... Obviously other black people would have attended his restaurant, all "Ruby" or whatever the name was needs to do is prove that somehow.

Not to mention that he had his picture taken with OJ before all the murder stuff (why would a racist get their picture taken with a black person?) and after that he took it down. It is obvious he refused to serve him for reasons that weren't racist.
Old 05-10-07, 10:09 AM   #6
Mad Dog
...Belong...

IP: DABB E400

werd...you dont need to be in a wheelchair, using a computer to talk through, physically disabled head to toe and with a matching IQ of Albert Einstein to know this wasn't coz O.J was black...

Quote:

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 04:01 PM   #7
K.ontroverz.Y
I Smacc Booty Emcee's

IP: 4B7C 501A

stupid shit. Id rather applaud him then boot him. Theres some people I'd like to kill...but i KNOW i'd get caught doing it...

K.ontroverz.Y
..Audio King Of Rv..

A.uthentik I.ntelligence
..Forever..

Send a message via AIM to K.ontroverz.Y Send a message via MSN to K.ontroverz.Y   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 04:08 PM   #8
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: B3FF 83C3

simpson is a fag ne ways....

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 05-10-07, 04:15 PM   #9
iamthatdude87
Addicted

IP: 6ABD 581C

well at the resturant they jus doin bad bizness nuff sed....but yea most the time ppl are racist..i always tell my friend if we ever get stopped by the cops jus remember we got different color skin.....if u aint white you aint right nuff sed....and if u beg to differ then fuck you cuz its the truth.... you dont got colored skin .....you dont know the strruggles..thats jus how it is nuff sed...
i remember when i got pulled over in front of my house by this white cop..he swore i was a gang member cuz i got a bald head and a tatto..and i was sobar as fuck and they tried to hit me wit a dui....they even towed my car and i was litterrally in front of my house...i won the case in court tho.....but the same thing happened to my white friend but this time he was high as fuck he got pulled over by a white cop and they str8 out told him well were gonna let you pass cuz ur white.......so yea this is a white mans world....i aint racist or anything but its the truth....
Old 05-10-07, 04:24 PM   #10
Mad Dog
...Belong...

IP: 0F24 B42D

^ they stopped you coz you were bald and had a tattoo?

been there man...i was walkin back from a party and i took my top off coz i was drunk and i was walkin to my girls who lived like an hour from where i went and i was gettin real hot...but the old bill drove past and went to the end of the road turned round flashing lights 'n' shit and stopped me coz they thought i was some drug dealer on the way to kick someones head in...fuckin gayness but on the point of the thread at no point has anyone said racism dont exist man...just it isnt apparant in this case...nuff sed

Quote:

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:

R.I.P OMB

Old 05-10-07, 04:36 PM   #11
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
IP: 39AB 70FF

^ lol, naw, he means cuz he a spicca, not bald wif a tattoo, lol, werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 05-10-07, 04:43 PM   #12
Sir Smash'Alot
Middle Weight

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-2
IP: 86D7 5EA1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOL COL-B
^ lol, naw, he means cuz he a spicca, not bald wif a tattoo, lol, werd

yeah thats what there talking about

and then tried to say he was a gang member cause he had a tat and he was bald

but yeah ive been basically refused service in central florida cause i was the only one who looked hispanic in the whole town basically

Sir Smash'Alot aka Third Eye
Send a message via AIM to Sir Smash'Alot   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 05:31 PM   #13
iamthatdude87
Addicted

IP: 6ABD 581C

yup......^^^^^^^