RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-04, 01:05 PM   #1
The Black Plague
... I Dont Hate...
I Speak The Truth

Text Record: 21-6
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Overrated...

IP: BA61 140E

Aight, this is prolly blasphemy on this site, but i really dont care..

Dont ya'll think Pac is a little overrated? If he wasn't dead rite now he most likely wouldn't be as worshiped as he is now. Im not sayin he isn't great, and I'm not sayin he wasn't one of the best rappers ever, but he is a bit overrated.

I think Nas and Rakim are better than Pac, Nas is better lyrically and may be better at rapping, and Rakim has a similar style to Pac, but i think Rakim is slightly better. Tupac would be third on my list, followed by Big and Jay Z.

What do ya'll think? Most peeps on this site will prolly give negative feedback to what i said, but w/e...
Send a message via AIM to The Black Plague   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-04, 01:59 PM   #2
fluidmoon
<<-Carpe Noctum->>

Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 4289 77F4

lmao.......i agree with you, i do think pac is overrated, but thats what happens, people die and become more famous..........

O Y D

*FluidMusic*

*Poetic Scriptures Moderator*
Old 07-24-04, 07:05 PM   #3
rawproduct03
New to RB

Text Record: 0-0
IP: D9DE 6862

i don't think he's overrated but he was all the way real.nobody says he's the tightest lyricist of all time but he was the best all around.there's kids from princeton and harvard the can rhyme and use words and metaphores that u ain't never heard but that just ain't it.it's being real vs being real fake.99% of these rappers ain't never gonna shot nobody but just like possing with guns.pac did it.shot a cop fightin' livin' the life he rapped about.is he the best "rhyme sayer" with metaphores and shit,no but is he the best rapper?no doubt hands down.
Old 07-24-04, 07:31 PM   #4
punisher...r.i.p
New to RB

IP: 4C49 64C6

its obvious hes overated,,he wouldnt be half as famous now,altho he is great he wouldnt be as big
Old 07-24-04, 08:32 PM   #5
For$akeN
Umm...Yeah

Text Record: 8-0
IP: 5043 32F4

ummm......Pac was overrated he was a really good storyteller and he
was known for that in my opinion but in my opinion also I feel that
Immortal Technique is better lyrical and loads more Nas, Mos Def,
Talib Kweli, Rakim......etc......if Pac was still alive and still dropping
as I'm typing right now I feel he still doesn't have a chance against
the emcees I typed....and his flow was not very good in my opinion
thats one thing I never really liked about the guy just too slow......

vote: overrated....
Old 07-24-04, 09:14 PM   #7
The Black Plague
... I Dont Hate...
I Speak The Truth

IP: ED37 16B6

Aight, i kno theres a lot better lyrically, and that dont mean you a good rapper, but Nas was and is better lyrically and at rapping, and Nas is the best all around rapper, no doubt. Pac is still great, and always will be but he's just not the best. Nas is much wittier than Pac, and I kno Nas could rip Pac easily if he was still alive...
Old 07-25-04, 10:50 PM   #8
emceedialect
New to RB

IP: 6CEC 0FAD

yea pac is overrated i feel you
Send a message via AIM to emceedialect   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-04, 10:56 PM   #9
mC RIOT
-Menace II Society-

Text Record: 7-8
IP: A2FB 8372

i think he would be more popular if he was alive, honestly. A lot of this fake shit wouldnt be around too like lil jon and all them "crunk rappers". He was a real thug, fake shit would be eliminated and he would be one top, period.
Old 07-25-04, 11:40 PM   #10
D-ICED
COLD

Lightbulb

IP: 5671 DBDD

black plaugue im calling you out in frontlines set it up unless you scared hating ass nigga
Old 07-25-04, 11:47 PM   #11
~Babylon~
~Lyrical Nirvana~

IP: 3240 794D

OK look if you are under the age of 18 you shouldnt say nothing about pac cause that means...........you couldnt even think for yourself when he was alive........you were like between 10 and 6 years old so u have no idea who pac was...........

yall younger cats dont know enough about pac to say shit......
Old 07-25-04, 11:47 PM   #12
FLooZe
.Don't Looze The Flooze.

Text Record: 8-7
IP: A621 A1C1

i dont think pac is overrated.he was a lyrical genius.he did poetry,that was tight as fuck.his raps all had deep meanings and noone could be compared to him.BIG is straight ass in my opinion..Who shot ya?umm NO!he only had a couple madass sik tracks in ready to die but BIG is madly overrated.He wouldn't be worshipped if he was alive,true,but he would prolly be 1 of the best.and as rawproduct said,he shot a cop and got shot multiple times,meaning,he does do what he says on record,a lot of things rappers dont do nowadays.when he was alive,he sold over 10 million copies of his double albums,almost a record.Pac is definatly not overrated.He is madd hot.

The Definition. period.
Send a message via MSN to FLooZe   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-04, 11:52 PM   #13
Da Vinci
THE COUNCIL

Text Record: 17-0
IP: 95FF 1D86

Rakim fuk no I appreciate those saying Nas at least it's an argument but that's about all. Your all lucky Pac is dead cause if he was alive he would have accomplished far greater things since 96 and you wouldn't even be able to compare Nas and Pac. Think about it, think if Nas died when Pac did, do you think then you could have this argument? Of course not, the only reason you can state such bullshit /\ /\ is cause Pac died almost 10 years ago and Nas has had that time to release more shit, shit thats more current he's had almost 10 years to increase record sales, publicity and virtually everything, fuck if Pac hadn't of died you wouldn't even consider this, Pac would have relased albums that would rip the shit out of virtually the whole Rap game. Overratted, thats a load of bullshit, look at the big picture I mean the pinicale of things.
Old 07-25-04, 11:58 PM   #14
FLooZe
.Don't Looze The Flooze.

Text Record: 8-7
IP: A621 A1C1

^^word Up This Is One Intelligent Being.

The Definition. period.
Send a message via MSN to FLooZe   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-04, 02:34 PM   #15
The Black Plague
... I Dont Hate...
I Speak The Truth

IP: 6664 DFD7

LMAO, ya'll be ridin pacs dead dick too much...

I kno pac is great, and Babylon i have been listenin to pac, and i dont have to be old like you to appreciate him. Yes if Pac was alive, he may have been considered better, but then again maybe he would've run out of shit who knows? All i kno is Nas is alive, and has been droppin hot shit, far better than anyone else for his whole career, so im not playin " what ifs" and sayin " what if pac was alive" cuz he aint, and I think back in the day Nas was still better than pac...