RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-08, 11:05 AM   #1
J.Roy
Rather Unique

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
For hip hop purists and those who think hip hop is dead

IP: 5603 EB29

watch this video. this guy breaks it down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvDDMVR4kwg

I love this

[retired]
Old 08-03-08, 09:31 PM   #2
TitoBronsky
El Padrino

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: C0F4 B5AE

whats good PT ... hows life treating you my brother... Word to this post.

Full Metal Bronsky Dropin 1st Quarter 08'

Send a message via AIM to TitoBronsky Send a message via Yahoo to TitoBronsky   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-08, 10:24 PM   #3
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
IP: 86FB 2468

yeah... but, i'd have no problem wif new skool party rap, if it were actually good. Rappers Delight wuz dope, even my moms knows tha lyrics. but c'-tha fuck-mon, shit like soulja boy is just ridiculously garbage. everythang about it sucks ass. when he dies ima snort 10 lines of ex lax n take a huge shit on his tomb stone. it's not so much that hi-hop is dead now, it's just that tha majority or rap comin out these days sucks. from lyrics to beats. turn those fuckin drums down. werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 08-03-08, 10:31 PM   #4
J.Roy
Rather Unique

^^ you didn't get the point. They are talking about the same damn thing. And as hard as it is for you to believe, soulja boi's production is a little bit better. I am in no way a Soulja Boi fan, but Soulja Boi isn't the death of hip hop. Hip Hop is recycling itself right now.

[retired]
Old 08-03-08, 11:10 PM   #5
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: ADE9 81EA

Thing is. There was a good mixture back in the day. Like kool-aid. There was a balance between The Kool-aid backs(Beats) The Water(Party Music) The Sugar(Lyical Music). And The Kool-aid(Hip-hop) was good. Everyone was enjoying it and amazing. Now there is too much water and not enough sugar in the mix. While it still alright its not as good as it was with sugar. just like if you drop too much water and put alot of Sugar. it would be sweet but it would be to overwhelming.

Right now. The game just needs to be reevaluated because the balance is tipping the scale too far in one direction. And Real Hip-hop is basically dead because its underground. Underground music still has the balance that real hip-hop once was. But it is missing some water with the party music. But it still pretty balance. There is just too much water in the comercial industry fucking up my kool-aid. So yeah yall should get the point.

Project List

The Classick Mixtape Vol (8/18)
Age Of Consent Mixtape Vol 1(16/16)
The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Lot of back to back shit. Stay tuned.
Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-08, 11:23 PM   #6
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
IP: 86FB 2468

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Business Man
^^ you didn't get the point. They are talking about the same damn thing. And as hard as it is for you to believe, soulja boi's production is a little bit better. I am in no way a Soulja Boi fan, but Soulja Boi isn't the death of hip hop. Hip Hop is recycling itself right now.

soulja boy's beats suck. i dont wanna hear that bullshit. i want some old skool west coast g-funk, or some old skool east coast Illmatic type beats. werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 08-04-08, 01:12 AM   #7
J.Roy
Rather Unique

There is even more underground heads then there is commercial cats these days. Way more. It's only the commercial guys that get the fame. I mean people do appreciate real shit more than they appreciate fake shit but it's only getting little exposure. The more the song is heard the more value it holds, lupe fiasco came to my college and told me that himself. I brought that up to him. I personally don't like mainstream music, and I don't like Soulja Boi or 50 cent or any of those dudes, but I give credit where credit is do. Honestly to me, hip hop is dying, but I am open to hearing this guys view and I like hearing what other hip hop heads have to think about this video.

[retired]
Old 08-04-08, 02:25 AM   #8
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: D99F 98A8

im not even gonna watch the video..

cats can sit here and speculate on the state of hip hop forever and a day, whats the point?

i dont like a lot of the hip hop that is played on my radio these days.. but shit, i dont like MOST of the music thats on the radio these days.. wheres your rock industry video saying "oh yeah, well a lot of rock n roll these days is just repetition of older ideas implemented by new bands in mildly different ways that mostly just arnt as good chasing the dream of what older heads had"

so the fuck what man.. i wont name any artists.. but yeah, a lot of new rap music really does sound like its written by people who have no fucking clue what their doing...

a lot of rap beats these days are also pretty fucken laughable and not at all talented or appealing musically..

but then you got people who totally get behind that shit music and dig it.. fact is the world is full of fucking morons.. nothing even needs to be said in some documentry style crap on the state of hip hop.. its what it is..

if you dont like it.. then try and change it and inspire people to aim higher.. i wont because i could give a fuck less.. ive got my own problems..
Old 08-04-08, 02:45 AM   #9
J.Roy
Rather Unique

^ I def. feel where you're coming from though. Honestly I feel like that sometimes, but at other times i'm like,"I want to step up and try to make a change." but what makes me so different? It's like, hip hop is where it's at and I can't do anything to change it. It's going to take a movement, and nothing seems to be working. I mean nas had that little thing going for a second, but oh well, I still have my old cuts to bump. nas - 2nd childhood

[retired]
Old 08-04-08, 02:53 AM   #10
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: D98D 2111

haha, fuck it i have my own problems.
but surgar gang's lyrics weren't good at all, and if thats where hip-hop started, i dont get where people get their standards.

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-08, 03:37 AM   #11
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: D99F 98A8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Business Man
^ I def. feel where you're coming from though. Honestly I feel like that sometimes, but at other times i'm like,"I want to step up and try to make a change." but what makes me so different? It's like, hip hop is where it's at and I can't do anything to change it. It's going to take a movement, and nothing seems to be working. I mean nas had that little thing going for a second, but oh well, I still have my old cuts to bump. nas - 2nd childhood

a fucken movement?

thats so cliche and even if someone did get a movement going to try and up the quality of hip hop played on the radios, major labels would just turn it into a marketing scam fucking over all the artists involved and inevidibly killing it anyway..

the world is a nightmare spawned by consumerism. weve got shit stirring wars going on everywhere, were facing a changing world climate, were totally lacking in any forms of pop icons that inspire elevation in peoples attitudes towards things and threads are being made on rapverse about 'the declining state of hip hop' like this is something we should actually be really concearned about...

its a bit of a laugh really...