RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-06, 08:19 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Perilous times in which we live...Religious persecution

IP: 64CA 6C26

In Thailand, a man was killed by a mob of people after he damaged a Hindu statue. The victim was allegedly mentally ill and took a hammer to a religious statue before being beat to death by a crowd of people. One man gave his assessment of the situation, "It's unfortunate that he damaged the statue." WTH!???!?!?!?!?!?!?! These people would rather protect a statue--one that was made in the 1940s--than human life. The man in the interview couldn't care less that someone was beat to death. I find that to be atrocious.

Then, in Afghanistan, a Christian convert faces the death penalty for renouncing Islam. Historically speaking, Christianity has always been in the minority when it came to religions. The early converts often faced persecution, even death for professing their belief in Jesus. Mark my words, there's going to come a point in time when confessing Jesus Christ could mean life or death, and I'm talking about in "civilized" countries. This is a terrible state the world is in when people are being murdered for beliefs. But, the bible warns us about it.

This also begs the question: "Are Christians willing to die for their beliefs?" I can honestly say I don't know how I'd respond in a life or death situation. It's interesting.

Last edited by Tha Q. : 03-22-06 at 08:30 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-06, 08:21 AM   #2
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

Audio Record: 2-1
IP: CD71 1C32

I find this wrong as well, the statue was made in thr 1940's which actually has no real meaning to Christ in my opinion. It might have had God's image into it but that means nothing to me.

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Send a message via AIM to Paranoid Send a message via MSN to Paranoid   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-06, 08:29 AM   #3
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid
I find this wrong as well, the statue was made in thr 1940's which actually has no real meaning to Christ in my opinion. It might have had God's image into it but that means nothing to me.

Actually, it had no relation to Christianity at all. It was a Hindu statue.
Old 03-22-06, 08:58 AM   #4
Young_law
This Is My City

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 7A52 73B1

if someone came up to me with a gun to my head and said, do you believe in jesus, cuz if u do im gon blow yo brains out, id b all,

father forgive him for he knows not what he does,

then id take the gu and pistol whup his ass, fuck he get off at pointin a gun at me pfft
Old 03-22-06, 09:48 AM   #5
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 586B 2294

Lmfao...
Wtf @ this thread...

For starters, if you think these times are bad for religious persecution.. Then go study history a bit.. I think you'll be surprised..

And secondly... Die in the name of god... NEVER die in the name of a religion..

I would tell you not to be a brainwashed follower.. But you'd just get all stuck up and defencive... Like all religious sheep who believe the lies their told.
Old 03-22-06, 09:51 AM   #6
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B902 ED44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Lmfao...
Wtf @ this thread...

For starters, if you think these times are bad for religious persecution.. Then go study history a bit.. I think you'll be surprised..

I would tell you not to be a brainwashed follower.. But you'd just get all stuck up and defencive... Like all religious sheep who believe the lies their told.

we finally agree on something.
Old 03-22-06, 09:53 AM   #7
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Lmfao...
Wtf @ this thread...

1. I do believe I mentioned a bit of history in this thread. I've studied history of religions in college and on my own. So, you're being presumptuous.

2. Religion and spirituality are two different things. People religiously drink/smoke/sin. I mean, come on, we ALL know about that, right?

3. Brain washed follower? You speak as if you're "liberated" from the bondage of "religion" when, in fact, YOUR religion is Secular Humanism. There's nothing clever or sophisticated about rejecting God. So, your attempts to inflame me or provoke me are futile. I've read the bible many times over. I've read Darwins famous Book on evolution, "Origin of Species." I'm college educated. I've lived a lot. So, my perspective is FAAAAAAAAAR from limited.

4. Why don't you stop being a God-hater and question why you've turned to drugs (alcohol) to fill the void in your life.

I CHOOSE to believe in God just as you've chosen to make yourSELF your own little "g"od.

Don't do it.

Last edited by Tha Q. : 03-22-06 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-22-06, 10:04 AM   #8
leady
Addicted

everybody has their beleifs, some choose to beleive one being(god) created this planet and is responsible for how everythings evolved e.t.c.

some choose to beleive that statement is false and impossible, like me for example.

accept it instead of saying that people are "rejecting god" how can somebody reject something that they hold no belief in??? u dont beleive something exists then there is nothing there to reject so that statement is a wasted comment.

religion is filled with lies and history done proved that religion is/can also be extremely evil with its punishment methods and the things it has fuled leading to people being tortured in some of the worse ways imaginable.

90% of todays wars are now based around religious beliefs and differences.

religion can be twisted and used to manipulate the minds of people to make them beleive that by killing certain races/religions/people that they are doing gods work(that does not go for alqaeda e.t.c alone, that includes every religion)

religion has too often been evil and cruel to many innocent people and i personally cant see how you can beleive in something and follow something that has had a history of so much evil doing.

especially when the bible you read and the churches you go to make jesus out to be something that he isnt. how can you tell that ANYTHING your told is truth?? if they can lie about that, they can lie about anything.
Old 03-22-06, 10:32 AM   #9
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
1. I do believe I mentioned a bit of history in this thread. I've studied history of religions in college and on my own. So, you're being presumptuous.

2. Religion and spirituality are two different things. People religiously drink/smoke/sin. I mean, come on, we ALL know about that, right?

3. Brain washed follower? You speak as if you're "liberated" from the bondage of "religion" when, in fact, YOUR religion is Secular Humanism. There's nothing clever or sophisticated about rejecting God. So, your attempts to inflame me or provoke me are futile. I've read the bible many times over. I've read Darwins famous Book on evolution, "Origin of Species." I'm college educated. I've lived a lot. So, my perspective is FAAAAAAAAAR from limited.

4. Why don't you stop being a God-hater and question why you've turned to drugs (alcohol) to fill the void in your life.

I CHOOSE to believe in God just as you've chosen to make yourSELF your own little "g"od.

Don't do it.

I'm not gonna address most of what you said cause we both know your just trying to justify wide spread religion like your actually smart for believing what they tell you when real historical 'un-biased' facts paint a very different picture to what these religions want you to believe. And where does darwin's theorys come into this? Or were you just naming names to look like you got a firm grasp on these matters?

Dont answer that.......I dont really care...

What I do care about is you assuming I'm an athiest... Calling me a 'god-hater' and w/e else you said... This could not be further from the truth...

What makes you think that because I say organised religions are mostly a crock of shit built on a human agenda that I am rejecting god? Are you even aware that Jesus himself was against organised religion?

The way they lie about him has to make you wonder...

What else is just a lie?
Old 03-22-06, 10:37 AM   #10
Dabatos
C.hristopher S.ean D.abatos

IP: 001E 66D2

I'd risk my life for Christ anyday.. he lost his life for us.. y wouldnt u do the same?

www.FG-Servers.com

Last edited by Dabatos : 03-22-06 at 10:45 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Dabatos   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-06, 10:47 AM   #11
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
I'm not gonna address most of what you said cause we both know your just trying to justify wide spread religion like your actually smart for believing what they tell you when real historical 'un-biased' facts paint a very different picture to what these religions want you to believe. And where does darwin's theorys come into this? Or were you just naming names to look like you got a firm grasp on these matters?

Dont answer that.......I dont really care...

What I do care about is you assuming I'm an athiest... Calling me a 'god-hater' and w/e else you said... This could not be further from the truth...

What makes you think that because I say organised religions are mostly a crock of shit built on a human agenda that I am rejecting god? Are you even aware that Jesus himself was against organised religion?

The way they lie about him has to make you wonder...

What else is just a lie?

Alot of double talk kid...
Christianity is a religion...But, what we believe goes beyond being part of an "organized" religion. Again, you seem to be ignorant to what true Christianity is all about.

You can't have your cake and eat it too bro. You may or may not be an atheist. People believe in all sorts of "gods". Heck, as far as I'm concerned, that beer bottle is your "god". Anything you WORSHIP is a "god".

And, don't you see the glaring CONTRADICTION in what you're saying. You fault Christians for believing what we "read" or are "told" when the evidence you're citing was "told" to you or you "read" it.

That's moronic to me. It's all what you're willing to believe. Again, you CHOOSE to reject God. That's your choice. Live with it. Don't try to Lord yourself over believers because you've rejected truth.

eh eh
Old 03-22-06, 10:53 AM   #12
leady
Addicted

tha q = the most ignorant, dumbest, retarded bitch on this site.
Old 03-22-06, 10:56 AM   #13
Dabatos
C.hristopher S.ean D.abatos

IP: 001E 66D2

Quote:
Christianity is a religion...But, what we believe goes beyond being part of an "organized" religion. Again, you seem to be ignorant to what true Christianity is all about.

You can't have your cake and eat it too bro. You may or may not be an atheist. People believe in all sorts of "gods". Heck, as far as I'm concerned, that beer bottle is your "god". Anything you WORSHIP is a "god".

And, don't you see the glaring CONTRADICTION in what you're saying. You fault Christians for believing what we "read" or are "told" when the evidence you're citing was "told" to you or you "read" it.

That's moronic to me. It's all what you're willing to believe. Again, you CHOOSE to reject God. That's your choice. Live with it. Don't try to Lord yourself over believers because you've rejected truth.

eh eh

LOL WORD Q... but iono wut nos sed.. im too lazy to read.. man all these arguments fun too read as hell wen im here bored as hell at work hahaha.. thanx nos,leady, and q, for not letting me fall asleep =P seriously hahaha.. man oh man im bored

www.FG-Servers.com

Send a message via AIM to Dabatos   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-06, 11:00 AM   #14
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:

eh eh

Right.. So according to you, your either a christian or you dont really believe in god...

And you think that accepting christ as your savior goes way beyond normal organised religious belief's...

Man.. Your so brainwashed Q.. You just dont realise it...
Old 03-22-06, 11:05 AM   #15
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Right.. So according to you, your either a christian or you dont really believe in god...

And you think that accepting christ as your savior goes way beyond normal organised religious belief's...

Man.. Your so brainwashed Q.. You just dont realise it...

no no no...See, you calling me "brainwashed" doesn't bother me. That's right. God has BRAINWASHED me. Romans 12:2 says, "Be not comformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of YOUR MIND." That means don't believe the hype. I'm just amused by the GLARING contradiction of faulting Christians for believing what they were TOLD when, in fact, your whole argument stems from what you were TOLD or READ.

Either that, or you're asserting that in your short time on earth, you've figured out life and spirituality and are on the level of Moses. If that's your argument, then you are a lunatic.

The title of this thread said, "Perilous times." Tell me where I stated they are THE MOST perilous times? Are we not living in perilous times? Part of the Christian faith is the belief in Jesus as Lord and savior. If you don't believe that, then don't believe it. But, you can't borrow and choose points Jesus made to form your own little religion. That's absurd. If you choose to do that, then fine. Just don't take the word of God and adulterate it because that makes you a cultist.