RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-08, 08:01 AM   #1
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Text Record: 23-0
Worst and best video game movies.

IP: 9244 687A

What do you think?

I'd say Doom for worst. That piece of fuck blew dick.

88 miles per hour should do it.
Old 10-04-08, 08:24 AM   #2
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 2BA6 1F0F

I liked Doom simply because it was exactly what it was supposed to be. Over the top and funny. And dare I say it, that is why I also enjoyed Dead or Alive. They didn't try to make that movie serious.. it was all about the cheese and scantilly clad women.. just like the games.

I'd say for worst it has to be Uwe Boll's two grand fuck ups.. House of the Dead and Alone In The Dark. Both those movies sucked ass way more than Doom ever could.

And probably Super Mario Bros. could be thrown up there to. That movie was balls.

I would probably go as far to say that Doom was one of the better video game movies and possibly Tomb Raider. To be honest though, there hasn't really been a GREAT video game movie.

Streetfighter was pure cheese.. and so was Mortal Kombat.

Hitman was a pretty decent watch I thought. It had some good moments and stuck with some main themes from the game.. the best being when he hides his guns in the ice bin.. that was pure Hitman gold right there.

When the new Halo movie comes out hopefully for its 2009 release.. it will shit all over everything. Then of course, there is a Duke Nukem movie in the works, along with a Gears of War movie. And also Devil May Cry is rumoured to be one of the next in line to be getting the transition to the big screen.
Old 10-04-08, 08:25 AM   #3
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Oh and Max Payne looks worth a watch, nothing special.
Old 10-04-08, 08:46 AM   #4
Dabatos
C.hristopher S.ean D.abatos

IP: E8A0 59CD

Nothing beat's PC Games. Counter-strike 1.6 best game ever.. .. Got paid $2500/month to play that game alone. ..

www.FG-Servers.com

Send a message via AIM to Dabatos   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 09:45 AM   #5
сварливый

IP: 735C 87EC

mortal kombat is a classic movie even though it was taken in the wrong direction.

Resident Evil... now that.. that was just sad -_-
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 10-04-08, 10:40 AM   #6
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

devil may cry could be a seriously good movie if they do it properly...like if they had people like george a. romero and the wachowski brothers working together to give the film true direction
Old 10-04-08, 02:38 PM   #7
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob
I liked Doom simply because it was exactly what it was supposed to be. Over the top and funny. And dare I say it, that is why I also enjoyed Dead or Alive. They didn't try to make that movie serious.. it was all about the cheese and scantilly clad women.. just like the games.

I'd say for worst it has to be Uwe Boll's two grand fuck ups.. House of the Dead and Alone In The Dark. Both those movies sucked ass way more than Doom ever could.

And probably Super Mario Bros. could be thrown up there to. That movie was balls.

I would probably go as far to say that Doom was one of the better video game movies and possibly Tomb Raider. To be honest though, there hasn't really been a GREAT video game movie.

Streetfighter was pure cheese.. and so was Mortal Kombat.

Hitman was a pretty decent watch I thought. It had some good moments and stuck with some main themes from the game.. the best being when he hides his guns in the ice bin.. that was pure Hitman gold right there.

When the new Halo movie comes out hopefully for its 2009 release.. it will shit all over everything. Then of course, there is a Duke Nukem movie in the works, along with a Gears of War movie. And also Devil May Cry is rumoured to be one of the next in line to be getting the transition to the big screen.

Doom was terrible, dude. The storyline wasn't even relevant with the game. I did like Dead or Alive though. Just because there were so many hot bitches. Alone in the Dark and House of the Dead are both terrrrrible. I can't believe AITD is actually getting a sequel. I think the Final Fantasy movies were pretty good though. If you haven't seen them, you should check them out.

Old 10-04-08, 02:40 PM   #8
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Oh, yeah. The Resident Evils did suck. But the new CG movie called Resident Evil: Degeneration should be good. Apparently its going to have Leon and Claire in it. Should be have decent.

Old 10-05-08, 06:21 PM   #9
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Which Final Fantasy movie are you referring to?

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was fucking ass. Superb CGI, but fucking terrible movie. Although, I am not sure it has anything to do with the games.. just a happy coincidence that the title was the same.

Now, Final Fantasy: Advent Children... that is a fucking awesome movie.

And word to whoever said Resident Evil sucked ass.. SO TRUE!
Old 10-05-08, 06:57 PM   #10
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Advent Children, son. Of course.