RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-05, 09:37 AM   #1
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
How far do you aspire to go with rap?

IP: 6B3B E822

I dont think anyone will dissagree that the music industry in its most pure form is about self expression and putting a part of ones self out in the form of song to be enjoyed by listeners.

The problem with this though, is that while most artist's do this in their own way. A lot of people are more or less, the same. Take for instance gangsta rappers, now a days thats a style of music thats taken up by a large portion of rap artists and while it does project their personal experience (most of the time) there will always be a million other dudes out there that are just like them with usually just as much talent all going after that dream of becomming a somebody.

Individuality I believe is one of the most important aspects of the music industry, not just in rap. If you look at the greats, most of them came out with some kind of movement that was individual and essentually made them stand out from the crowd. For example, Elvis. Elvis came at a time where music was very uniform and formal. And his movement basically struck a nerve and made people see music in a compleatly different light. This was a big revolution and a lot of what happened in the 60's was sparked by people like Elvis.

This has been proven time and time again, look at Eminem. His career started off, although he was extremily skilled. It wasnt untill he started getting that raw form of anger because he felt he had so much to offer and people were looking over him as an artist. His style went from really skilled hip hop emcee, to extremily controversial fuck the world cause its fucked me type angry rap. And this new style is something that people went crazy over which is partly why he got so famous.

I look at young rappers just entering the scene these days and a lot of the time, while they have music that is alright to listen to. They just arnt bringing anything new or anything revolutionary to the plate. Which is ok, a lot of rappers dont aspire to be the greatest that ever lived and a lot just simply dont have the talent. I strongly push the fact that some people got it, some dont. But my point is that if you want to be worth a damn in the music industry, I cant stress how much you need to spark something new and not only making songs for a cause, but having a personality that literally inspires people to think on new wavelengths. Its all about your image and what you stand for, your opinions, ideas, concepts, etc etc etc..

To me, this is what seperates the greats from the average. And if you want to be a great. You cant keep a fan state of mind for average artists. Now even though a lot of people will come into this thread talking a load of crap without the skill to back it up. I'd like young artist's to have a serious think about what their music is actually bringing and whether they should be aspiring to low levels of rap or whether they actually have the amount of individuality and practical intelligence required to be a somebody.

Yes the industry takes skill.. Yes you need connections..
But nobody gets to be an industry legend without having a movement that will essentually change the way people think in an individual style.

So without babbling on about too much.. How far do YOU aspire to take your music career? And why the fuck are YOU worth a damn to the millions of people out there that you as an artist with ambitions to make it in this game are trying to impress with your music?

Although I know this wont happen 80% of the time; please be honest with your answers.. You dont score browny points for talking a load of bullshit when you dont have the skill or intelligence to back it up.. And I will know exactly whos real and whos a shit talker based on your replies.. If this turns into a decent discussion, I'll be back to make a post about myself and what I'm all about as an artist..

-----------
Old 10-03-05, 09:59 AM   #2
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: A966 C254

i hope to go as far as i feel i can go...which is all the way in my eyes...but i know it's what other people expect of me that can either achieve that or hinder that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 10:46 AM   #3
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: 950F 0FDD

honestly, I'm not out to be a legend, I just wanna be good at what I do, be respected for being good at what I do and make some decent money off of it...going mainstream kills your regular fanbase that you've built trying to GET "famous" and sign on a major label...going mainstream is the death of YOUR career and the beginning of whatever personification and "image" of you the label wants to put out...

in order to make it on YOUR terms in the rap game, right now, you'd have to do something completely different from what everyone out now isdoing, change the formula up but still have relevant lyrics...come with something that nobody's though of before and revolutioniZe the game...

you can either spend your time trying to be innovative to become famous and take your chances on that, or continue doing your music on a smaller independent label where all the decisions are made by a smaller group of individiauls, the music is yours, and you see more profits because the money goes through less hands...

personally I'd rather do the latter and combine it with the first...but shit isn't about fame, it's about the art of rap being your self eXpression, and mainstream music of ANY genre is NOT about self eXpression, it's about what will sell and what won't sell...

the music industry is shallow as FUCK, there's no substance to anything, that's why you got groups like Manilli Vanillie that ended up winning a Grammy Award then it being found out that they never sang any of their "hits" because they had the right image...ya'll might not agree with me, but I believe shit like that is STILL going on in the industry today, they just cover it up better...

most people's careers in rap (played eXampe, but 50CENT) is all smoke and mirrors, it's ALL image and nothing really there...I'm not tryina be another rapper that'll be in for now and forgotten in the long run, I wanna be respected by my true fans, and though there won't be millions, TRUE fans are the ones that will go and BUY your latest CD, a fair weather fan is the one that will go download it from the internet because they wanna jam your music, but don't support you as an artist...

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 12:05 PM   #5
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1230 1904

at first, I had no plans in rap...now, I wanna be on MTV saying dumb things.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 12:50 PM   #6
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: 950F 0FDD

so you just basically said "I wanna rap" ...

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 01:01 PM   #7
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 6B3B E822

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Veracity
honestly, I'm not out to be a legend, I just wanna be good at what I do, be respected for being good at what I do and make some decent money off of it...going mainstream kills your regular fanbase that you've built trying to GET "famous" and sign on a major label...going mainstream is the death of YOUR career and the beginning of whatever personification and "image" of you the label wants to put out...

in order to make it on YOUR terms in the rap game, right now, you'd have to do something completely different from what everyone out now isdoing, change the formula up but still have relevant lyrics...come with something that nobody's though of before and revolutioniZe the game...

you can either spend your time trying to be innovative to become famous and take your chances on that, or continue doing your music on a smaller independent label where all the decisions are made by a smaller group of individiauls, the music is yours, and you see more profits because the money goes through less hands...

personally I'd rather do the latter and combine it with the first...but shit isn't about fame, it's about the art of rap being your self eXpression, and mainstream music of ANY genre is NOT about self eXpression, it's about what will sell and what won't sell...

the music industry is shallow as FUCK, there's no substance to anything, that's why you got groups like Manilli Vanillie that ended up winning a Grammy Award then it being found out that they never sang any of their "hits" because they had the right image...ya'll might not agree with me, but I believe shit like that is STILL going on in the industry today, they just cover it up better...

most people's careers in rap (played eXampe, but 50CENT) is all smoke and mirrors, it's ALL image and nothing really there...I'm not tryina be another rapper that'll be in for now and forgotten in the long run, I wanna be respected by my true fans, and though there won't be millions, TRUE fans are the ones that will go and BUY your latest CD, a fair weather fan is the one that will go download it from the internet because they wanna jam your music, but don't support you as an artist...

This is why I love Australia..
I am maticulous about my music and I am dedicated to pushing a revolutionary style to innovate the game over here. I got what it takes to get where I want to go and I got real large ambitions. Over here they arnt like America, the mainstream still runs on whats hot.. But talent IS the basis of our industry.. I know I can use this to my advantage and my style of music although it boasts underground rhyme schemes, really wouldnt sound out of place being played in mainstream places..

I am out for fame, but not because I want it on a personal level. I have ultimate goals I want to achieve through my music career that go beyond just getting rich and having groupies.. I feel through influence I can genuinly start a movement that will inspire people to think in new ways..

I am 100% dedicated to my career, rap aint just a hobby or something I do to express myself. I write basically every day, perfecting my style and technique to get my point accross.. I study career's of highly successful music artist's and what made them who they are, what made them get to the places they got to etc and I learn new things every day..

In 2007 if my time schedual permits, I'll be doing an international level 5 sound engineering course to become more pro in the studio and with making beats.. And most importantly, I plan my career precisly, I'm not the type who will bumble around in the underground for 10 years searching for opportunitys..

I plan on having a deal by early next year at the latest and my groups doing up a sick demo EP at the moment which well be recording closer to christmas and pressing a few hundred copies to hand out around shitloads of people.. I got connections that can hook me up gigs around this area and I'm guessing sometime next year well PROBABLY end up moving down to sydney where theres a load more opportunity for up and comming hip hop acts..

But at the end of the day, I think being in Australia is really going to pay off for me.. Our industry is on the come up, were kind of at the stage where rappers in our country are actually just starting to bust out and become popular.. Its a real interesting time to be getting into rap over here and theres already some real talented dudes out there doing their thing and starting to get big..

And I will say, theres more to me than just music.........
Old 10-03-05, 03:21 PM   #8
Dabatos
C.hristopher S.ean D.abatos

IP: E209 CF04

Just doin it for the love man... dont care if i really get famous or not u know.. for ex. i made hella love songs jst cuz i like makin those types of songs.. n ppl be like.. "DABATOS! STOP MAKIN LOVE SONGS" but y stop?? Ya make alot of songs bout clubs, n other sad shyt non stop.. wuts the difference?? its basiclly same thing but different topic.. so yea.. i jst do it cuz i luv makin em types of music which explains y i luv SLOW JAMS =OP.. n if i ppl enjoy listening to my music than thats cool.. if they dont than they dont.. i dont really care if they dont cuz i just do it for the luv man.. but i wouldnt mind makin it.. well who wouldnt? lol.. but yeah im dedicated to my music... ppl mite be like nah ur not.. u havent posted audio lately.. but jst cuz u dont post audio dont mean u suck at it?? I write EVERYDAY constantly n just try out new rhyme schemes... n yet ppl mite be like y dont u use those rhyme schemes in ur songs.. well songs is different than just writting on a paper for no beat... wen i write with no beat n jst to get better.. i try to do creative multies, n just creative lines.. n thats y now wen i free i can free for a very long time without stopping cuz i write alot now.. ya my free's mite not be dope.. but come on.. jst cuz u cant free dope.. doesnt mean u cant write good..

www.FG-Servers.com

Last edited by Dabatos : 10-03-05 at 03:28 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Dabatos   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 03:29 PM   #9
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 82BC 54F2

as far as possible

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 05:12 PM   #10
Implicit
-BTR-

IP: 2029 97B3

The reason I make my music is not because I want the money or the fame. Although that would be nice. Being a Christian I want to use music to spread my message seeing as Rap in general is really big. I feel that if people listen to my music, maybe I can help someone out. Wether it be a problem that I been through and I make a song out of it or if it's just opening the eyes of people to some issues that we deal with. As for how far I go, that all depends on what other people think of my music. If they don't like it, then obviously I'm not going to go very far. I think that music SHOULD be used for posititve messages contrary to the beliefs of a lot of southern music which is into that club crap. But then again there's the Westcoast with the gangster music and all that. That's it.
Old 10-03-05, 05:19 PM   #11
Shazz
Never Around

Audio Record: 2-0
IP: B07B 1CF4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S.Unyu
as far as possible

Word.
How far do you think that would be?
Send a message via ICQ to Shazz Send a message via AIM to Shazz Send a message via MSN to Shazz Send a message via Yahoo to Shazz   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 05:29 PM   #12
TitoBronsky
El Padrino

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 0EB4 1ACC

how far do i wanna go........ all the way.....

werd

Full Metal Bronsky Dropin 1st Quarter 08'

Send a message via AIM to TitoBronsky Send a message via Yahoo to TitoBronsky   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 05:44 PM   #13
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

In this day and age EVERYBODY raps. I mean seriously, everybody. It actually makes me lose motivation when I see some idiot at my school sayin' he raps. It makes me think "damn I gotta really stick out". And overall hip hop IS dead. People want fantasy now. =/ Its dyin off and as much as I wanna be mainstream, I'm almost in pure disgust over what it stands for. I might just get some small house and be some battler for money. Or just be underground. Well not underground, just a mainstream artist who doesn't try to appeal at all.
Old 10-03-05, 08:32 PM   #14
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
IP: 81D9 FAB1

I travelled Canada, now I want to take it to Austrailia, and rock a stage with Nos. word.

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 08:42 PM   #15
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 577C 1E7C

i just wanna make a lil change off of it in the end.....

im meeting with a manager within the next couple weeks for this promotional company that found out about me somehow....im entering this contest....they send you wherever the first round is...whether it be in LA...NY...anywhere...and the trip is completely paid for....you go rock the stage.....hope you win.....and get to the next round....after the few rounds in the US...they take it overseas......

so hopefully i can get noticed through that.....and me n black m...puttin out that mixtape....and i gotta few lil connections....sooo....maybe something will come of it........if not....ima still keep making music......
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote