RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-05, 01:10 PM   #1
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

Audio Record: 3-0
You want an Audio Breakdown...?

IP: 07A8 D079

Ask Fiya. I just gave Tha Q and L. Veracity some pointers in a separate thread. Anybody else? Feel free to drop your name and I'll give you my straight up opinion bout your audios and what you could work on. No hate to anyone I've had beef with in the past, this on some real shit. The reason I'm willing to do this, is because for one i noticed people are elevating yet they aren't exactly where they want to be and the common feedback is "Straight song, I could really bump my head to this" instead pointing out what the hell's wrong with it.

And before anyone says, oh you have no right telling people what they need to elevate on. Well I have done months of elevating myself. I'm working on solo tracks I'm in the process of writing my 9th solo track. I have worked on flow, i never felt my lyrics were down but I worked on that too, as well as delivery. I would love to help others. I'll post my samples mid-Sept.

I'm not gonna butter up none of you, but don't be afraid. If you want to opinions and truth, then I'm offering that here. If you don't believe nothings wrong with your tracks at all, then this is not the thread for you. And something is wrong with EVERYONE'S shit, including my own. I'mma let y'all know what's real. I'll peep your last five tracks on your page and holla.
Get At Me.

Last edited by ~Lady Fiya~ : 08-16-05 at 01:13 PM.
Send a message via AIM to ~Lady Fiya~ Send a message via MSN to ~Lady Fiya~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Lady Fiya~   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 01:17 PM   #2
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 8835 C2D3

do me. ~_~

www.myspace.com/spul
^jus my newest shit is therre

bvut

www.soundclick.com/spulakareckless

for all my ish

props for this. ~_~

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 01:19 PM   #3
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
IP: D231 D110

after spul do me gal...it'd much appreciated...link- click on graffiti in sig

*wait to get his shit torn to threads* (top 4 are newest)

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 08-16-05, 01:27 PM   #4
the omen
tha illest

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 3240 794D

acuity, that new graff in ya sig is dope!! did u make it? o yea, isnt this tha same shyt as trips, test ya marketability? no offence fiya, cuz i see alot of ppl respect you on here and value you're oppinion, but you dont even drop audio's, so how r u gonna tell ppl to improve wen u don't eVEN post tracks? i dunno, i would rather get an oppinoin from a more balanced emcee, ya kno? but i guess u could still throw out youre oppinion w/o havin to get into the real characteristics... but i dunno.. not for me.. lol same thing as trips thread, cept he' prolly knows a lil more about marketablity ya feel me? no dissrespect

[/b]
Send a message via AIM to the omen   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 01:29 PM   #5
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: 950F 0FDD

like I said in theother thread where this was started from, ya'll haven't heard her new stuf, I have...just cuz she doesn't post doesn't mean she hasn't been recording...she's gotten a lot better with her flow, LF is sikk, ya'll just don't know it yet cuz she hasn't "proven" it to you...

and just cuz you can't rap doesn't mean that you can't tell what's good and bad about a rapper...that's like telling someone that reads brail not to cuz they're not blind...

but no beef, let's not go back and forth...if you got more to say PM me ...

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 01:33 PM   #6
J. Luth
I see dumb people

yea, word. LF be droppin' audio. lol got better wit every track she did. so be nice to see her new shit whenever she drop it. ~_~

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 08-16-05, 01:34 PM   #7
the omen
tha illest

IP: 3240 794D

nah im not gonna make an arguement outt of it, cuz freeposting is wack... but you do have to "prove" yourself,, i cant go up to shady records n say, im better than em, sign me a million dollar contract, it duznt work that way, you have to prove ya good, ppl arent gonna just beleive you...ur brail example i have no idea where ur goin w/ that... im just sayin, rappers learn lil tricks as they elevate, they have to go thru them to know about them tho ya kno? can b like, hit tha snares, warm up ya vocals b4 u spit, shorten syllabols... ect.... but i mean, ur just sayin she's judgin ppl's shyt.. but i just mean i would rather b judged by sum1 that has more experience than me.. n could probaly tell me sumn i dont know yet ya feel?

[/b]
Send a message via AIM to the omen   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 01:36 PM   #8
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

IP: D231 D110

Even if she doesnt drop audio...id get feed of a text head...at the end of the day ur trying to push your music to anyone thatll listen to it...her opinion is jus as important as someone just listening and she can tell me what she feeling and what she aint...let her do her thang

Ps and yea omen u kno how i do wid tha n pen n panssaaal

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Old 08-16-05, 01:38 PM   #9
J. Luth
I see dumb people

yea, OMen, it doesn't matter. She didn't say she HAS to do this, or is forcing you. So really, if you ain't want her to Critique you, don't post then. Cuz she ain't sayin' she the best, she jus said whoever wants her to break your music down.

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 08-16-05, 02:42 PM   #10
ILL!
Yes I'm ILL

Audio Record: 0-1
IP: 4B1D FBA2

i already sended you my preview of track so get at me...this is a good idea

U ndestructable Emcees
trigga town inc
Send a message via AIM to ILL!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 02:43 PM   #11
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

So Into You
1st Verse and 2nd Verse

Lyrics....
Right off the bat, you are way too basic lyrically. stop/hot , giving/live in, close/go... Throw those out the window every 'Cat in the Hat' rhyme get rid of, burn and quick. I know it helps when hitting a snare, but you have to challenge yourself and you don't always have to hit the snare (but that doesn't concern you so we'll leave that alone here).

Voice/Presence...
Your voice is could appeal to young girls. Your presence is there. You don't just let your voice out, and you come off as very technical which leads me to delivery.

Emotion/Delivery...
You have this "hop then skip" type delivery. It's very, very annoying. Extremely annoying. This exactly what you do: You pronounce the majority of the syllables for each bar and add breath in them and finish it off breathing out the last syllables of each bar holdin the final syllable too long. Which makes it seem like you tryna ride the beat but you failed.

Flow...
You take the simple way out with your flow. Meaning you do what's predicted for the beat. You would need to switch it up in a song like this because you don't want to sound repetitive.

Sugar feat. Triple N
2nd Verse

Lyrics...
Still basic. But not as horrible as the first track.

Voice/Presence...
You put some bass in your voice. It sounded fine at the start, but then it started sounding generic. I don't know if you were tryna match Triple N's tone from the first verse or what. But don't do that.

Emotion/Delivery...
It's that "hop then skip" delivery again. You really need to get outta that, asap.

Flow...
Simple again at the beginning you switched it up towards the end of your track. That is a good thing.

The Ugly Duckling
1st Verse

Lyrics...
Story-telling, which is different from the other tracks.. Basic. REALLY basic. Only 2 bars were unpredictable in the first verse. Every bar in the second verse were predictable except one where I couldn't make out what you said. Last verse you switched up your lyrics somewhat but towards the end the only words I heard was bitch, this, bitch, shit, bitch, bitch.. You use 'bitch' too much, it shouldn't be used as a rhyming word.

Voice/Presence...
You have the perfect voice for this track. Which disappoints me because your delivery is what's ruining it from being a hot track. There are a few parts where I hear you fade out in your verses.

Emotion/Delivery...
You haven't changed, but the "hop then skip" actually matches this beat... The only part I felt your Emotion was "You wack this SPuL bitch, talk that shit again.."

Flow...
Your flow is just like the other past songs.

Knock You Off Your Feet
Only verse

Lyrics...
From the start, you on that basic stuff again.

Voice/Presence
You got the regular presence you normally do.

Emotion/Delivery...
You try to hard on this track to make someone believe you. That, I DON'T and doubt anyone else would. Your chorus emotion is extremely wrong. You sound like Jermaine Dupre... It's annoying tho. VERY ANNOYIN. You loosened up on the ''hop then skip'' thing. But you still have it there every now and then. But I'm glad you straying from it even a little bit.

Flow...
Decent. It's just like the other songs.

Caught Up Remix

1st Verse

Lyrics...
This type of track is one you can get away with basic lyrics so this hit your field on the nail... but you shouldn't settle to this.

Voice/Presence
This is byfar the best song to match your voice. You could have little girls falling all over you with this one.

Emotion/Delivery...
You not dependin on the ''hop then skip'' thing, which is great. But you still holding the last syllables to your bars wayy too long. It sounds lame.

Flow...
Same as before.

Overall:
You have a voice anybody could listen to. The thing that doesn't match up is your delivery and lyrics. You come off as a joke to people. You can't be taken serious due to those two. Your flow is pretty decent as is, you have the ability to switch it up when needed. What I recommend you work on first would be lyrics because your delivery follows up on that. You tend to let your delivery 'bounce' off your lyrics. Try a more complex rhyme scheme and then you can work on your delivery. Those two are most important when it comes to you, because you do have great potential.

*Special Note: Work on Solo Tracks more than collabs, why? Because you need to push yourself lyrically, every solo track should be an exercise for that.
Old 08-16-05, 02:50 PM   #12
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lady Fiya~
So Into You
1st Verse and 2nd Verse

Lyrics....
Right off the bat, you are way too basic lyrically. stop/hot , giving/live in, close/go... Throw those out the window every 'Cat in the Hat' rhyme get rid of, burn and quick. I know it helps when hitting a snare, but you have to challenge yourself and you don't always have to hit the snare (but that doesn't concern you so we'll leave that alone here).

Voice/Presence...
Your voice is could appeal to young girls. Your presence is there. You don't just let your voice out, and you come off as very technical which leads me to delivery.

Emotion/Delivery...
You have this "hop then skip" type delivery. It's very, very annoying. Extremely annoying. This exactly what you do: You pronounce the majority of the syllables for each bar and add breath in them and finish it off breathing out the last syllables of each bar holdin the final syllable too long. Which makes it seem like you tryna ride the beat but you failed.

Flow...
You take the simple way out with your flow. Meaning you do what's predicted for the beat. You would need to switch it up in a song like this because you don't want to sound repetitive.

Sugar feat. Triple N
2nd Verse

Lyrics...
Still basic. But not as horrible as the first track.

Voice/Presence...
You put some bass in your voice. It sounded fine at the start, but then it started sounding generic. I don't know if you were tryna match Triple N's tone from the first verse or what. But don't do that.

Emotion/Delivery...
It's that "hop then skip" delivery again. You really need to get outta that, asap.

Flow...
Simple again at the beginning you switched it up towards the end of your track. That is a good thing.

The Ugly Duckling
1st Verse

Lyrics...
Story-telling, which is different from the other tracks.. Basic. REALLY basic. Only 2 bars were unpredictable in the first verse. Every bar in the second verse were predictable except one where I couldn't make out what you said. Last verse you switched up your lyrics somewhat but towards the end the only words I heard was bitch, this, bitch, shit, bitch, bitch.. You use 'bitch' too much, it shouldn't be used as a rhyming word.

Voice/Presence...
You have the perfect voice for this track. Which disappoints me because your delivery is what's ruining it from being a hot track. There are a few parts where I hear you fade out in your verses.

Emotion/Delivery...
You haven't changed, but the "hop then skip" actually matches this beat... The only part I felt your Emotion was "You wack this SPuL bitch, talk that shit again.."

Flow...
Your flow is just like the other past songs.

Knock You Off Your Feet
Only verse

Lyrics...
From the start, you on that basic stuff again.

Voice/Presence
You got the regular presence you normally do.

Emotion/Delivery...
You try to hard on this track to make someone believe you. That, I DON'T and doubt anyone else would. Your chorus emotion is extremely wrong. You sound like Jermaine Dupre... It's annoying tho. VERY ANNOYIN. You loosened up on the ''hop then skip'' thing. But you still have it there every now and then. But I'm glad you straying from it even a little bit.

Flow...
Decent. It's just like the other songs.

Caught Up Remix

1st Verse

Lyrics...
This type of track is one you can get away with basic lyrics so this hit your field on the nail... but you shouldn't settle to this.

Voice/Presence
This is byfar the best song to match your voice. You could have little girls falling all over you with this one.

Emotion/Delivery...
You not dependin on the ''hop then skip'' thing, which is great. But you still holding the last syllables to your bars wayy too long. It sounds lame.

Flow...
Same as before.

Overall:
You have a voice anybody could listen to. The thing that doesn't match up is your delivery and lyrics. You come off as a joke to people. You can't be taken serious due to those two. Your flow is pretty decent as is, you have the ability to switch it up when needed. What I recommend you work on first would be lyrics because your delivery follows up on that. You tend to let your delivery 'bounce' off your lyrics. Try a more complex rhyme scheme and then you can work on your delivery. Those two are most important when it comes to you, because you do have great potential.

*Special Note: Work on Solo Tracks more than collabs, why? Because you need to push yourself lyrically, every solo track should be an exercise for that.

lol word, I feel you on that shit. lately i been writing lot of topical type shit to help my lyrics, and yea, people say the shit about the delivery a lot, so I feel you.Been gettin' advice on that. but props for takin' the time yo. appreciate it. ~_~

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 08-16-05, 02:52 PM   #13
B. Magik
Sam Dope

IP: F15D F66F

Do me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHECK THE FUCKING BEATS.

Send a message via AIM to B. Magik Send a message via MSN to B. Magik Send a message via Yahoo to B. Magik   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 02:56 PM   #14
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

LOL @ more experienced than you... Omen on a serious note NO ONE on here knows exactly where my level is. I'm not obligated to post anything on this site. It's by choice that anyone posts on here period. The fact that you came in here to talk shit and try to 'judge' me personally, is really stupid. No one on here knows me at all. I'm more towards the offline work than cribbing on here for feed. Why is that? Because I would love to hear what people around my area feels about my music especially since I'm tryna perform by next year if not sooner. I worked on flow and multis and you will see that soon enough. There are only maybe 6 people that heard my latest shit and that's L. Veracity, 9th Degree, Triple N and Virtue and I D H.. I ask them for their personal opinion because I'd rather not be buttered up on a site. They know me to a certain extent and hearing that something needs work here and there is perfect for me. Offside of them, I talk to people in my offline clique we critique each other when we do collabs, we read off verses back and forth and choose the best to be first. We might have to cypher if we think two should get first but other than that. I have my way of working and can't nobody tell me I'm working. Like you actually see me everyday.

Just cuz you don't see me post Songs in the Forum doesn't mean I'm under you. Triple N's best songs aren't even posted on the site. As well as a few other people, like S e n s e r.

I'm all about quality of songs than quantity. If you got a problem with me not posting yet, then go cry. Otherwise shuttup and watch me critique other people's then, since you won't be brave enuff to post your own shit. Or Just leave.
Old 08-16-05, 02:56 PM   #15
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

IP: C560 EAD2

^no fool...Fiyah doing me next...

Blog