RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-05, 10:23 PM   #1
The Militant
www.militantmusic.com

wheres Hip-Hop goin?

IP: 6804 D41F

where do yall think hip hops goin is it headed to a point of just straight lyrics not really saying anything, talkin bout ya life, good messeages, or violent raps
Old 02-18-05, 10:27 PM   #2
Sean G.
This is my first post!

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: C8BE 2B32

Not really saying anything. I think that hooks and making the end rhymes sound good are gonna takeover. which is sad.
Old 02-18-05, 10:33 PM   #3
CounTREE Jay
The New King Of New York

Text Record: 23-12
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: E40B 9458

Wherever 50 Cent, Chingy, and Nelly take it.

-CJ-
Send a message via AIM to CounTREE Jay Send a message via Yahoo to CounTREE Jay   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-05, 10:34 PM   #4
The Militant
www.militantmusic.com

IP: 6804 D41F

i think it should go to a direction to where ya talk about ya life with true lyrics and whre ya talk about the problems the world has like back in the day with public enemy and epmd n.w.a fuck all that crunk shit fuck mtv with there pop single shit...the kids who get all there hip hop knowledge from mtv are not understandin where emcces is comin from, about there lives, about them, cause most of the people that watch mtv are rich white subran kids and they say the love hip hop but walk in our shoes walk down our blocks and then yall have anthore respect for the artist but this is just one mans views...
Old 02-19-05, 04:36 AM   #5
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 5285 DC82

hip hop is going in every direction.

What I mean by that is its like a tree, it started off a small shrub.
But now its a huge tree with many branches going in diffrent directions.

You have nwa as one branch,then dre dre grow his branch of that,then eminem is born off that new branch,then off that is royce 5'9(to an extend) and obie trice,then come 50 and g unit then game.

but in the otherside of the tree its other going in there own direction.
It will continue to grow a new branch,branching out into its own direction,own style......but still with the roots of the previous branch.

so all in all, its the real that will last,the stronger branch will stand the test of time,rather than just simply breaking off and falling all the way back to the ground(bottom fo the gam,out of the game)

feel me?
Old 02-19-05, 05:10 AM   #6
(X)eed
(X) CeEding all Expectations

Text Record: 11-18
IP: F4A3 06AF

yo ................. hip hop is ........universal.........not talkn shyt...bout violence and rapin women.....its not on.........its alll bout,,,,rappezs lives...ex. tupac,,,, - jay-z, eminem and alll........ not fukin gangsta rap...dat shyts takin ova,,,,....... rappin shud b......... no racist shyt,,,,luv fo' othas,,,

(X)CeeD

Old 02-19-05, 01:40 PM   #7
MC IgGY
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 3-2
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 8A1A D0A3

yea, ^^^^^^^^^^^
Send a message via AIM to MC IgGY   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-05, 04:51 PM   #8
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

Quote:
Originally Posted by (x) CeEd
yo ................. hip hop is ........universal.........not talkn shyt...bout violence and rapin women.....its not on.........its alll bout,,,,rappezs lives...ex. tupac,,,, - jay-z, eminem and alll........ not fukin gangsta rap...dat shyts takin ova,,,,....... rappin shud b......... no racist shyt,,,,luv fo' othas,,,

hahahaha you fuckin idiot.

The 90's was the peak of gangsta rap. Tupac was what MADE gangsta rap dope... G-unit isnt gangsta rap..

Theres 2 kinds of hip hop nowadays... hip hop... and hip pop. Hip pop is pop music that stole the cultures name... and thats all it is... no more real than britney spears.. its in the same category..

hip hop has just been completely misinterpereted by the media... In the mainstream hip hop is considered a music genre... in the underground its considered a culture..

sooo I think its goin down the shitter because 13 year old white girls keep buying chingy, gunit and nelly's (etc. etc.) shit and pumping the industry full of cash.