RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-07, 08:26 PM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
Resident Evil 4 is the biggest peice of crap I have ever played

IP: 0825 899A

...wow @ this

I went to gamestop today and decided to pick up resident evil 4. It got OUTRAGIOUSLY great reviews so I was pretty excited to play it. I'm a hugggeee silent hill fan. Silent hill is an extremly scary game with a really engaging storyline. Resident evil has always been known for action so this felt like a different kind of horror, a fast paced, "BOO!" type of horror. Opposed to silent hill's "OMFGGGG GET ME OUT OF HERE, wtf is that WHAT THE FUCK is that, .....what happened to my flashlight, whats that breathing nosie?" horror. So I pop it in and realised it wasnt nearly as good as i expected to be, actually it was alot WORST than i expected it to be. Browsing through the gamefaqs reveiw forum I finally found a review that feels exactly like I do. PLEASE read this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/review/R97889.html

Dont bitch and moan in my thread unless u read that

EDIT:
"At least the past Resident Evil games had stuff flying out at the player. Here, you know what to expect in every area and around every corner; more villagers to shoot with the mandatory boss scene in-between. The game isn't scary however there's a strange almost indescribable feeling. However I think I've pinpointed or come close to describing what this is exactly.

The feeling the game exudes is one of hate. That is, the game itself seems to be sending a message of hate towards the player. This subtle inexplicable feeling presides over much of the game. Don't confuse it with fear; the game just really hates the player. It's noticeable in the constant barrage of villagers who have no care for their own lives (and only attack you, yes. 28 days later? Well, I don't know about you, but I could barely stomach this game for 28 seconds), the insulting amount of detail that went into the animation of Leon's head being sawed off, and the hair-ripping scripted scenes that must be followed exactly, lest you want Leon to suffer death at the face of more obvious solutions."

I partly made the thread to vent like the dude who made the review, and to warn ppl -_- unless u have a gamecube then get it ur not gonna get anything better.

Last edited by Indeph : 06-23-07 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-23-07, 08:28 PM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

lmao @ his use of the word "magically", so dope.
Old 06-23-07, 08:35 PM   #3
Indeph
Not_Indeph

"The most land mark new achievement is that the player is now able to buy and sell weapons and ammunition. And enemies drop said items as well. The way in which this is handled however really detracts from the immersion. You usually get “cash” for besting enemies. When said cash is dropped a shining spot appear on the ground indicating as such (the same with ammunition and items). It's a bizarre stylistic choice since it creates a parody in of itself. You have a serious government agent being chased by rabid killer villagers yet the game treats it all like a fun romp through an amusement park shooting gallery. “See how many you can kill! Score points with every shot! Just 2000 more points Jimmy and you'll get that new shiny gun yet.” There's even a mini-game where you shoot cardboard cut-outs of the villagers. High scores net the player bottle caps. The game has becomes a parody of the intense and frightening survival horror genre instead of adding to the genre it, ironically, once created.

Speaking of horror, this game is not scary."<<<<<<<<<<<< killed my soul
Old 06-23-07, 10:29 PM   #4
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3223 240D

What platform did you play it on? I didn't think you had a gamecube?
Old 06-23-07, 10:30 PM   #5
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Playstation 2, I'm sure its a shitload better for gamecube since its seemingly designed for its controller.
Old 06-23-07, 10:35 PM   #6
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

That might be it... Because I've heard nothing but terrible things about the PS2 and PC versions, but only good things about the GC version. I was gonna download it but if it's shit I might not.

Could you look at the gamespot.com video review of the GC version and see if it seems any different or anything?
Old 06-23-07, 10:37 PM   #7
Indeph
Not_Indeph

I've looked at the gamecube reviews on gamefaqs.com, all of them. And this game is being held as one of the best ever made. Nearly all of the positive ps2 reviews came from those who have played the gamecube versions and bought it just for the extra shit that comes with it. I'm trying to play it again now because I don't have any other games that I haven't played. I've seen an xplay video review of the GC version and it was good. The Pc version got better reviews than the ps2 version so you can probably check it out.
Old 06-23-07, 10:46 PM   #8
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Nah I heard the PC version was the shittest out of all of them and should be avoided at all costs. If anything I would download the GC version.
Old 06-23-07, 10:46 PM   #9
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F175 FBF7

It's a good game, it's NOT scary, but nitpicking little things and making it seem like they make the game terrible is stupid. It's fun, not scary, but because it isn't what you expected doesn't mean it's not a good game. -_-

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 06-23-07, 11:37 PM   #10
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: B10C EE5A

i have it fo gamecube, n its prolly 1 of my favorite games, lol. i dunno bout it bein scary, really mo like "holy shit, thats fucked/dope" i first started playin it in tha middle of tha night so :S i beat it n shit. shootin people iz tha best. only bad thang about it iz that u gotta kill so many Latinos haha. just tha 3rd person view shit wuz soooo much better, i cant stand that utha confusin shit on tha old RE games n sillent hill games. werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 06-23-07, 11:40 PM   #11
Indeph
Not_Indeph

silent hill is one of my favorite video games series of all times. >:0 The shooting is basically meaningless in that game, its just simple point and shoot shit. Silent hill is actually scary tho, plus the story is dope. I'd rather play silent hill again. I cant wait for silent hill 5. ironic that resident evil is coming out with 5 too, they should come out on the same day.
Old 06-23-07, 11:50 PM   #12
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
silent hill is one of my favorite video games series of all times. >:0 The shooting is basically meaningless in that game, its just simple point and shoot shit. Silent hill is actually scary tho, plus the story is dope. I'd rather play silent hill again. I cant wait for silent hill 5. ironic that resident evil is coming out with 5 too, they should come out on the same day.

haha, well, i just like shootin shit n watchin stuff bleed/die -_-

do u know if RE5 iz gonna be like RE4? *kiss* werd

Old 06-23-07, 11:50 PM   #13
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: F175 FBF7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOL COL-B
i have it fo gamecube, n its prolly 1 of my favorite games, lol. i dunno bout it bein scary, really mo like "holy shit, thats fucked/dope" i first started playin it in tha middle of tha night so :S i beat it n shit. shootin people iz tha best. only bad thang about it iz that u gotta kill so many Latinos haha. just tha 3rd person view shit wuz soooo much better, i cant stand that utha confusin shit on tha old RE games n sillent hill games. werd

lol, when that dude with the chainsaw first got me I was like "sadkgjfsinbvin DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 06-23-07, 11:56 PM   #14
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOL COL-B
haha, well, i just like shootin shit n watchin stuff bleed/die -_-

do u know if RE5 iz gonna be like RE4? *kiss* werd

I've HEARd that they're keeping the over the shoulder view, but storywise they're gonna go with the old shit. I just heard that on some board though. Now back to the real news >:0 Silent hill 5 is coming out and they're gonna go with the psychological influence of silent hill 2. The way that james's subconsious effected the monsters, they're doing something like that this time. Dope >:0 I dont care if im the only one in this thread who likes silent hill.
Old 06-23-07, 11:59 PM   #15
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

lol, werd Soc, n that bitch at tha beginnin who's like, on a pitchfork or sumthin i think? i wuz like "..... ohhh shit!" lol

n werd Deph, they better keep that over tha shoulder shit. i played silent hill 2 b4 fo ps2, i got confused n shit... but then i remember eating hamburgers after playing it.... n then i played THPS 3 werd