RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-05, 09:24 AM   #1
Sixth Sense
Banned: For Being So Fly.....lol....my new account is Triple Sixes....

Jay-Z Expands

IP: 0D11 88C9

After years at the forefront of rap music, Jay-Z is expanding his Roc-A-Fella Records with the addition of Roc La Familia, a label dedicated to the world music genre

Like Roc-A-Fella, Roc La Familia will be distributed by Island Def Jam. After years of being Def Jam's top earner, Hov became the label's president late last year. Hov, Damon Dash and Kareem "Biggs" Burke sold Roc-A-Fella to Def Jam for $10 million. As Def Jam's new president, Jay was also appointed to oversee Roc-A-Fella.

"Everybody talks about the world getting smaller, well we are doing something about it," said Jay-Z. "Roc La Familia will leverage the extensive resources of Def Jam to introduce fans to cultures that they would not normally be exposed to.

The new imprint will release work from genres like reggae, reggaeton, calypso, tribal and West Indian. A&R consultant Juan Perez was named head of Roc La Familia and Houston-based rapper Aztek Escobar is the label's first signee. His debut album is entitled Columbian Necktie.

Labels are presently capitalizing off the reggaeton craze. Atlantic Records just inked Tego Calderon, EMI recently formed a joint venture with Spanish-language music company Grupo Televisa, P.Diddy and Pitbull launched Bad Boy Latino and Universal Music Group recently formed Machete Music.

STARTING 2MORROW I WILL BE TRIPLE SIXES THATS GON BE MY NEW ACCOUNT SO THATS ME AIGHT CUZ IM SO FLY......LOL
Send a message via MSN to Sixth Sense   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-05, 04:18 PM   #2
Premanition
-Classified-

IP: 8002 63C0

woteva he does he'll make it successful

.;.....................
Old 07-26-05, 09:57 PM   #3
Thassarap
.The Movement.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: B409 4C66

will jay make guest appearances on the reggae/reggaeton music like he does for rocafella rappers
i dunno how good he'd be at that, but i bet he could do a good job