RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-04, 04:53 PM   #1
Gunman tha Great

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Dame Dash wants reality show, might buy basketball team

IP: 4287 3F49

SANTA MONICA, California — Damon Dash not only wants a fortune of Donald Trump proportions, he wants his own reality show, too.

"My whole life is a reality show," the Roc-A-Fella CEO said recently. "I film every second of it. I'm trying to make money, so I'm gonna try to sell every second. It's all been an epic learning process and I want the rest of the world to learn, so I'm taping it and then I'll sell it for a nice price."

Dash hasn't found any takers yet. But with so much on his plate, he doesn't seem to mind.

Along with running the Roc, Roc-A-Wear and Armadale Vodka, he recently launched America magazine and is beefing up his filmmaking résumé.

Dash was at this year's Sundance Film Festival promoting "The Woodsman," a drama he executive produced starring Kevin Bacon and Eve. And he's developing a starring project for Kanye West titled "The College Dropout" after West's upcoming Roc release of the same name (see "Common, John Mayer Drop In To Preview Kanye West's Dropout" ).

The CEO also plans to direct a sequel to 2002's "State Property." "I'm really gonna lay my Scorsese down and give it a good effort," he said of the movie, which will again star the Roc-A-Fella roster. "I have a lot of different kinds of movies and some television in development."

Dash has been producing more lately (see "Step Aside, Pharrell: Damon Dash Is Hip-Hop's Newest Beatmaker") and has big plans for his record label, including a Jay-Z greatest-hits album to mark his recent retirement.

"We are businessmen," Dash said, explaining the move. "He has a lot of hits and we'll start putting those out any time we want."

Dash said Jay-Z's recent involvement in the New Jersey Nets purchase (see "Nets Accept Bid From Jay-Z Group; Brooklyn Move Closer") surprised him as much as it did everyone else, and has inspired him to look into another business venture.

"He's making me go and look for a basketball team, so my team can play his team," Dash said. "That's the way brothas do it."

—Corey Moss

I'd watch tha show, Dame's a funny asshole so i'd watch it. I saw him in McDonalds in Atlanta and he was yelling at the cashier cuz they put pickels on his burger, funny shit.