RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-04, 07:33 AM   #1
inspire
.-.Marxism.-.

Text Record: 13-3
Audio Record: 1-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
Education systems..

IP: C4E4 7A46

Just venting.. Eat my shit if you don't like it..

Anyways.. I always wondered if you're supposed to know what you wanna do when you're in high school.. Then why do subjects that have nothing whatsoever to do with your chosen profession.. have a bearing on your scores to get into such universities? It's like saying..

"You need to know advanced calculus to understand the constitutional law."
Or
"You need to know hidden themes in Shakespeare in order to be a good sound technician."

Kinda stupid. Sure some subjects are linked.. Such as English/Law.. But still.. Gotdamn! I'm just pissed at the fact that my advanced math which I'm doing horrible in.. Will drag down my final score.. Therefore not letting me do Arts Law at my chosen university. However I do happen to be the top Legal Studies student? But I guess that shit has nothing to do with it?

I don't like the education system. (In Australia.. Which is currently where I be chillin' yo! )
Send a message via MSN to inspire Send a message via Yahoo to inspire   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-04, 07:37 AM   #2
Celebral_Killa

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 17AC 3451

When we get to year 9 (9th grade...i think) we get to choose which subjects we wanna do dependin on our future plans...

Then like me you leave, go to college and pick more subjects.

^^Thats the UK anyway
Old 01-22-04, 07:45 AM   #3
÷Thìñg÷
.::It::.

IP: EC0B 84C7

take some art classes and join a chess club hell yeah!
Old 01-22-04, 07:51 AM   #4
Edicius
Eddy.

IP: 77D5 6AAD

We always smoked weed in recess, ..when i was still in scool here..*Dutch way*
Old 01-22-04, 08:01 AM   #5
Phase Wun

IP: CC64 0500

well i got thrown outta school and college for dealin so i cant say shit u kno but the education system ova here is bob....

killa...
Old 01-22-04, 10:13 AM   #6
Gunman tha Great

IP: 4287 3F49

in Germany u have to decide in the 6th grade what you want to do then u go to a totally different school depending on your test scores, one for doctors and lawyers and what not, the other for trade school people, and the middle school for people in between. They have the best doctors in the world but also have the highest ratio of school kids killing themself.
Old 01-22-04, 10:50 AM   #7
RythmicTendicies

IP: CEA5 B505

we choose our subjects when we get into 10th year...i honestly have no idea what i want to do..prolly sumthin' with computers or design work but i dunno....

I'm good at english..so....maybe thats the reason i rap?
Old 01-22-04, 10:58 AM   #8
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
IP: AAF1 A3DB

I'll take the education side of the matter, even though I don't agree with everything.

I suppose they have to give you all these different courses so you know different things when you get out of High School. In case you'll ever need it later on in life. That's what High School does, prepairs you for the rest of your life. You may need to know this different stuff, so they teach you it.
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-04, 11:34 AM   #9
C-Section

IP: 872B E5DF

thats how it was when i was still in school. they put me in mythology classes and stupid shit i didnt sign up for or i didnt need. and if i tried to change classes the teachers would accept me into their classes.

but my school was only worried with controling the way we acted. giving us a education wasnt improtant to them.

when i got kicked out, my mom went to a meeting with the princapals and the teachers, and she ate them alive. they admited to my mom that they were only worried about my behavier and not my education. she went off on them, it was dope.
Old 01-22-04, 12:20 PM   #10
Gunman tha Great

Thats how most schools in the states are, military overseas schools are less worried about the way you act because the police are so in tune with the student's behavior and if u act up they'll just kick yo ass out and if you get kicked out you have to leave the base and go stay with somebody else because your parents have to stay. So the emphasis is placed more on education then everything, except of course for sports
Old 01-22-04, 12:44 PM   #11
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
IP: AAF1 A3DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myk
thats how it was when i was still in school. they put me in mythology classes and stupid shit i didnt sign up for or i didnt need. and if i tried to change classes the teachers would accept me into their classes.

but my school was only worried with controling the way we acted. giving us a education wasnt improtant to them.

when i got kicked out, my mom went to a meeting with the princapals and the teachers, and she ate them alive. they admited to my mom that they were only worried about my behavier and not my education. she went off on them, it was dope.

"There has to be a safe environment for children to be able to learn, and you, son, don't help that."

What I was told.
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-04, 12:46 PM   #12
Penskills
Banned: Spamming

IP: 4577 CD9A

..VA has one of the best public education in the US(although I haven't benefit from it)
Send a message via ICQ to Penskills Send a message via AIM to Penskills   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-04, 12:52 PM   #13
Gunman tha Great

yeah i used to go to school at West Springfield in Fairfax County (last i checked it was top 5 in the US)if u go to another school you can see the difference, i was a B and C student as a freshmen at WS then i went to Indiana and got mad if i got a B and was taking sophmore classes for my 2nd semester as a freshmen, could've took sophmore AP classes.
Old 01-22-04, 01:52 PM   #14
Phate
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 9E18 D314

you are taught a variety of materials for 2 reasons:

1) to give you an idea of what each subject matter contains and the kind of work you will be doing in the future. If you like math, then u'll prolly want to go into Engineering or Science. If you like writing and arts, then you'll want to go into Sociology, Philosophy, Phycology etc. If you're in between n just want to make money, you'll want to into business.

2) To learn how to learn. Every year the amount of material you have to study increases and you're able to handle the increase because not only is your brain is maturing but you have developed skills on how to memorize and organize the information more efficiently.

Most of schooling is about number 2 because until you get to graduate decrees like MBA's or PHD's most of the material you learn you will not actually have to use on the job. Most jobs teach you everything you need to know in order to perform the job when your hired. However, by completing schooloing you will be able to learn what they want you to do quicker and you will perform more efficiently on the job.

Obviously this^^^is not the case with every succesful person in the world. But it accounts for the majority.
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>
Send a message via AIM to Phate   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-04, 05:15 PM   #15
inspire
.-.Marxism.-.

Text Record: 13-3
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: C4E4 7A46

The thing is.. I know what I wanna do.. and it's for damn sure nothing to do with the following subjects I am now carrying..

Economics
Business Studies
Catholic Studies
Adv. Math

I'm in my last year.. I don't need a fucking variety.
Send a message via MSN to inspire Send a message via Yahoo to inspire   Reply With Quote