RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-04, 09:38 PM   #1
T West
Middle Weight

Text Record: 14-6
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
New news on Kanye West - College Dropout

IP: B20F 67F7

From SOHH:

Continuing to build hype around his debut album, College Dropout, Kanye West treated the press yesterday to a first listen of the final CD, complete with surprising new cuts and an impromptu performance on top of a conference table.
Supported by Roc-A-Fella executives Damon Dash, Kareem 'Biggs' Burkes and Kenny Burns, Kanye premiered joints from his debut, College Dropout, many of which have leaked onto the internet three months in advance. But the final cut reveals several changes and bonuses for fans of the super-producer turned rapper.

Tracks like "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly", "My Way", "Home" and "Keep The Receipt" featuring ODB - which many fans have been enjoying from their home computers -- didn't make the cut. Kanye also re-recorded vocals and added instrumentation to previously released tracks like "Never Let Me Down" which now includes a second Jay-Z verse and features J-Ivy,(not Saul Williams as many believed) while the sinful "Jesus Walks" contains added breakdowns. Lauryn Hill opted to withhold sample clearance for her "Mystery Of Inequity," making room for soulstress Syleena Johnson to replace her on the hook for "All Falls Down."

The Chicago-born and studio bred hip-hop aficionado took the listening session further by offering an impromptu performance of the album, passionately reciting his rhymes while interacting with members of the press. Guest vocalists, GLC, Consequence and Common also joined West to spit their featured verses. Getting into the vibe, the man of the hour set the mood when he dimmed the lights during "Jesus Walks," hopped on a table alongside Common during "Get Them High" and led the crowd in a sing along of the Twista / Jamie Foxx single "Slow Jamz."

Aside from the known tracks, new standouts included "Spaceships" featuring GLC and Consequence, "Get Them High" -- a straight spitting lyrical fest featuring Common and Talib Kweli and "We Don't Care." In addition to showcasing a good singing voice, Kanye silenced skeptics by blending his brand of humour with witty lyrics and addictive cadence- once again proving he's a force for 2004.

As expectations rise alongside his buzz, Kanye has managed to exceed them. The February 2003 release of College Dropout is sure to usher in a new sound and direction for hip-hop and Roc-A-Fella Records post the Jay-Z era.

Currently Open Battles:
T West vs. Kizza
Send a message via AIM to T West   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-04, 12:38 AM   #2
Da_Killa_Kid
R.B's Demigod

IP: 5E48 7779

Kanye's shit is hot. i think he'll have grat success with this shit yo. I heard one of the leaked tracks and it was pretty good.

<center> </center>
slept on battle
http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105181
http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113861
Send a message via Yahoo to Da_Killa_Kid   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-04, 12:55 AM   #3
Da NFamous
Str8 From CopKilla Queens

Text Record: 0-4
IP: 4577 CD9A

umm why does it say Feb 03? that was 300 something days ago, 1luv.
Send a message via AIM to Da NFamous   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-04, 01:24 PM   #4
dum n00b

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 8C04 9304

I've had the advanced copy of this since December. It's shit, none of Kanye's best work and doubt he'll be remembered for it..
Old 01-25-04, 02:11 PM   #5
FormulaMC
Light Weight

Text Record: 1-1
IP: E38C 4580

We Get High With Common And Kweli. . That's Reason Enough To Get College Dropout. . And dum n00b. . you live up to your name by saying the advanced copy is shit.

INSTANT. .

Send a message via AIM to FormulaMC   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-04, 07:18 AM   #6
dum n00b

IP: 9A58 F4E4

Thx; it is shit, I've had it since December, Kanye's gone soft and the album is wakk.. I'll give that track another listen to see if my opinion changes..
Old 01-31-04, 07:22 AM   #7
dum n00b

IP: 9A58 F4E4

Nah fuck listening to it, INSTANT.. in ur sig is appropriate cuz ur spewin instant shit.. fuckin follower, ha ha..
Old 01-31-04, 11:05 AM   #8
Potent
Flyweight

IP: 399E F0FD

west droped so fire on that album that shit was nice
Old 01-31-04, 12:53 PM   #9
DEL the funkee

IP: 3C7D 2F02

yeah i have it. the album is fucking nice.
so all of you wannabe backpacking folks can stop fucking around and buy the album when it comes out.

because even del likes it........

which reminds me of somthing, mos def needs to drop a new album sometime this century
Old 01-31-04, 01:47 PM   #10
FormulaMC
Light Weight

Text Record: 1-1
IP: E38C 4580

Yeah he does Del. . maybe he'll follow his partner Kweli's footsteps, with Talib dropping in March/April with "Beautiful Struggle" he'll be like "I Need to drop too, my man Kweli is." We can only hope. . Black On Both Sides was Dope.

INSTANT. .

Send a message via AIM to FormulaMC   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-04, 04:22 PM   #11
illmatix

IP: F77B 896D

ehh the proper advanced copy was better. . . on the retail, the skits are retarded. . .some of the tracks ex. #2 are nonsense, and he should have put on tracks like ' i need 2 kno' or 'wack niggas' feat. talib or 'the good the bad the ugly'
the album isnt really wat i expected and the skits need 2 go. . . aint feelin em at all
Old 01-31-04, 04:25 PM   #12
T West
Middle Weight

Text Record: 14-6
IP: 9588 E886

he should of kept home on it. "home" was great...and ya, that #2 skit is pretty bad. I think "Never let me down" is enough of a reason to go and buy the album. That's one crazy ass song, and I'm glad he took Saul Williams off of it.

Currently Open Battles:
T West vs. Kizza
Send a message via AIM to T West   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-04, 04:56 PM   #13
illmatix

IP: F77B 896D

yeh i was listening last night and realized that jay spit an extra verse- also i think those school spirit skits are moronic, and the lil jimmy one is also- and i think that the bernie mac sound alike kat in the beggining is pretty lame. . . it kinda kills the intros and shit
Old 01-31-04, 05:01 PM   #14
DEL the funkee

IP: 3C7D 2F02

how can you hate those school spirit skits. those were the glue of the album, funny shit.
Old 01-31-04, 05:31 PM   #15
ILLunatic
Eye Designs

IP: B691 76C3

Whats the point of this thread?
Who cares about this mans past?

:: Eye Designs::
Taking Request for the following...

Signatures, Avatars, Album covers, & Website Banners
Send a message via AIM to ILLunatic   Reply With Quote