RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-04, 12:09 PM   #1
selah david
New to RV

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Talking These Day's I'm Learning Words Got Power

IP: F694 DF56

Ok everybody, it's starting to be a custom of mine to give yall an article of an explanation for my sig. Talib Kweli is my favorite rapper, and my favorite song by him is "Can I Talk To You". The song is beautiful but it doesnt interfere with his masculinity as he expresses his love for the lady in his life. At the end of the first verse he says " This is my wishlist, not what I need but what I want there's a difference. These days I'm learning words got power so I'm gone be specfic". First the religious aspect (yeah I'm still "trippin on that religion stuff") James 3 in the new testament of the bible is dedicated to talking about how life and death is in the power of the tounge. Anything can be spoken into existance. God showed us this in Genisis when he spoke the creation of the world into existance. We are made in his likeness so we have his characteristics and we can do the things that he does (to a certain extent). Now, the more relative side. (deep sigh of relief). Relationships often fail because of lack of commuication, somewhere down the line. We (especially black people) have a problem communicating. For black men it may be because we dont want to seem immasculine because we may have been taught to be emotionless. We may have been taught to be the "man of the house" because of single parent homes, our fathers may have taught us to appear strong becuase they didnt want us to be "punks" or they flat out just did'nt know how to deal with our crying or whatever other emotion came up (along with showing affection). For our black females, it may be because you were taught to please your man to keep him and you dont wanna seem like a nag, or maybe you are caught up in a negative cycle of self compromise to satisfy your man, and your needs and wants are being ingored which eventually makes you bitter. The botton line is we need to show more affection through our actions and our words. We need to be more specific and not expect our parteners to just be immaculately intuitive. Say what you mean and mean what you say. And remember...words do have power.

Do yall agree or disagree, is there anything you wanna add. Hit me back.
Politics and politrix are the same thing because the whole point of the political process is to trick us into giving a particular candidate our favor. So why do people feel so clever when they use the word politrix?
Old 09-24-04, 12:17 PM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 06B8 DBF2

Words do that power over emotions.. The way things are described can sometimes change the way people think about cirtain aspects of life. And it aint just relationships neither..

Thats why rap music is so good, I mean, you got all that poppy bullshit they got these days, that aint rap music.. Im talkin bout the underground shit, real artists, living real lives and expressing their views on real life. THAT.. Is rap music.