RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Konquest Lyricist League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-04, 08:09 PM   #1
SmokaJoka.
InSaNe KiLlAh

Text Record: 44-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
K.L.L. Mag - Week 4; Volume 1

IP: 9CA0 C805

K.L.L. Magazine - Week Four; Volume One

You may click the number in the list to automatically take you to what you want to see

Last edited by SmokaJoka666 : 10-18-04 at 04:18 PM.
Send a message via AIM to SmokaJoka. Send a message via MSN to SmokaJoka. Send a message via Yahoo to SmokaJoka.  
Old 10-18-04, 04:07 PM   #2
SmokaJoka.
InSaNe KiLlAh

Article: What Makes K.L.L.

What makes K.L.L.?? What is special about this league? Alot actually, this is where you will see some of the rising stars of RV come to sight and the losers of the Front Lines & Elite Front Lines won't be shit until they can hold a league championship title...that simple. Anybody who needs help with battling...join the league, anybody who thinks they are good at battling...join the league. I plan on helping out alot of kats, and anybody who knows me...knows I will help you in basically anything you need. This is the best place to stop the d/r votes (hence you dont see some kats from the Lines Areas in here). Without a doubt I hope to gain prestige to the titles this league holds and to gain interest in getting better and better each week like I did with Jr. over at RB. Alot of unknown kats are now known and owning pretty well over there thanks to that league....but can you do it? Of course you can...I'll be the first to tell you that you can, and anyone who has doubts...well don't let me hear it..I can bet I can help out alot of you...just ask for it, but that's not the basis of this article. What it all boils down to is...what makes K.L.L.?? The people who form it, the moderators who run it, the battles, all it is is one verse every week...nothing hard at all...give it a shot..and get yourself the light you think you deserve.
Send a message via AIM to SmokaJoka. Send a message via MSN to SmokaJoka. Send a message via Yahoo to SmokaJoka.  
Old 10-18-04, 04:07 PM   #3
SmokaJoka.
InSaNe KiLlAh

Match Reviews - Week 4

The Disciple vs. Efusive
Pretty one sided battle here, but Disciple did have a good flow...he just needs work on punches. He came with a pretty punchless verse, nothing much stood out as witty or new. Disciple also came with little consistency and needs work on structure and concepts as well..overall an ok job...but needs a good bit of work. Efusive, however, dropped better with good punches and wit pretty well throughout his verse. A few standout lines, and nice concepts is what gave the KO win in this battle.
Winner - Efusive

Stephen Elwood vs. Final
Not too great of a battle here from either opponent. Final dropped a pretty weak verse and needs work on throwing punches instead of trying to force rhymes and make a bit of a weak attempt at wordplay. He also needs concepts and consistency...nothing much stood out in his verse at all. Stephen Elwood, on the other hand, done a bit better, but I've personally seen him do better myself. He managed to toss in a couple of decent lines, but for the most part dropped weak as well. In the end, Stephen Elwood was able to win this battle for having fresher concepts and actually throwing punches in his verse.
Winner - Stephen Elwood

Phantom vs. B.I.Detained
Not too bad of a showing from either here, actually it's the best battle I've read from BOTH opponents this week. Phantom dropped a decent verse, and had a couple of played lines in there and some of them were just meh. He needs work on newer concepts and harder punches, some of his personals could also be put to better use, but he still came with a pretty ok verse. B.I.Detained, however, dropped a pretty good verse as well with good concepts and a couple of nice punches in the mix to top it off. In the end, B.I. was able to pull out the win in this battle for having a few more quotable lines than his opponent.
Winner - B.I.Detained

Sdizzle vs. Succ Maccock
Pretty weak battle from both here. Succ Maccock came with an below average verse and only a couple of decent lines. He needs work on concepts, punches, and making new concepts for harder hits. Also he should drop the quotes and try to think more witty. Sdizzle, on the other hand, had two good lines which helped him pull through on this battle. I have also seen sdizzle do better, but he was at least able to pull off the win in this battle for having a few more harder punches than his opponent was able to put out.
Winner - sdizzle

9th Degree vs. Valor
Well Valor dropped a decent quick key, but nothing too much stood out for him. His personals were a bit weak and he needs work on fresh concepts...maybe if he would've spent more time he might've done better. 9th Degree, however, seemed to have dropped a no show verse, and if it wasn't a no show verse...then please God someone pray for him. Valor was able to win this battle for posting a verse with valid punches.
Winner - Valor

Lyric vs. Scenario
Another one of the top battles this week...at least both were able to pull out something decent to put on the table. Scenario dropped an overall ok verse with only a couple of standout lines and really needs to work on trying to make an effective punch on each line for consistency. He had good flow and vocabulary, but he also needs work with concepts as well. Overall...not a horrible verse, but could've been much better. Lyric, on the other hand, dropped a pretty good verse with good concepts in some parts...and some were just meh. He had a couple of standout lines and good personals..nothing much else to say...Lyric won this for having a few harder punches than Scenario.
Winner - Lyric

Triple N vs. DeadlyVision
Both managed to drop, but DeadlyVision was 4 hours late...therefore, Triple N won with at least posting on time.
Winner - Triple N

Archeologist vs. Wrecker
Both managed to check in...Wrecker was the only who managed to drop a verse....Archeologist signed out in the middle of the week.
Winner - Wrecker

Denizen vs. Lucifer
Denizen dropped a verse...while Lucifer no showed...therefore Denizen wins.
Winner - Denizen

Daz vs. Mike Hawk
NNNNNNOOOOOOOO SSSHOOOOWWWWWW.....again....Mike Hawk at least dropped a verse though.
Winner - Mike Hawk

SmokaJoka666 vs. Da PUNCHLiNEKiNG
Da PUNCHLiNEKiNg shit on Smoka so bad...his check in wasn't even visible to human eyes...Smoka wins by no show.
Winner - SmokaJoka666

FlOw InTeLLiGeNt vs. King Solo
King Solo didnt even check in on time....therefore, Flow wins by no show.
Winner - FlOw InTeLLiGeNt

Casual vs. Ice Pick
Ice Pick signed out in the middle of the week sometime last week and didn't know about this battle...Casual wins by no show.
Winner - Casual
Old 10-18-04, 04:13 PM   #4
SmokaJoka.
InSaNe KiLlAh

Comments About The Top Five: With Smoka & Sdizzle

The Disciple vs. Efusive
SmokaJoka666 - The Disciple: You have alot of ideas for wordplay, but you have no wit in them. Thus, making your punches a bit weak...if you think of fresh concepts and try to come more consistent (with more punches) you would be able to do a verse good in this league. You need to drop the bolding and shorten your structure as well as even it out. Overall you could be one of the good heads here, but you do need to do some more homework with wit and concepts before you can reach a better level.
Sdizzle - Efusive: A good showing by efusive, although some of your punches lacked either creativity, or lacked decent subject material. also try to make your punches more personal, instead of having a punch that could be directed to anyone on the site. you should also consider making your structure a little more appealing to the eyes, and you could improve your chances in the league by a pretty good margin; overall you have alot of good potential.

Lyric vs. Scenario
SmokaJoka666 - Scenario: I saw alot of potential in your verse, but you still need alot of work to be able to be considered a top head on RV. Try to shorten your lines and think of a good punch in each line. Alot of them were just rhyming which is what really hurt you in the end. You need to think of witty fresh concepts, and hard punches if you want to be able to pull this next week off. I personally think you can do better and you should also believe you can do better.
Sdizzle - Lyric: You came very good last week, but your punches were worded as good as possible which took away from the effectiveness of your punches. also, it would hurt to make your rhyme scheme more difficult... intead of rhyming fig with sig, use larger more detailed, complicated words.. but try to stay away from sexual/gay jokes, as they are played out and are themselves "gay" as some may call it...overall pretty good shit.

Phantom vs. B.I.Detained
SmokaJoka666 - Phantom: Not too shabby of a verse from you, but it could've been much better I believe. You have good ideas for punches and you have some ok hits, but some of them are a bit played. But using played concepts is a good start to get on your way for fresh ones and thinking of harder hits so I won't hold it against you. You do need work on some of your personals, but that's not something that you alway need or will be able to put to use in a battle. Keep up the work and you'll be rising in the ranks ASAP.
Sdizzle - B.I.Detained: Right off the bat i can tell ur structure is a little iffy, so you want to change that... what the ext looks like is the least important thing, you definatly want to try to even the lines out a bit.... most of your lines were worded well, but here were a few that threw me off a little... i saw wit and creativity which is good, and most of your punches hit hard... overall very good job, so if you adjust that structure u should be on ur way to greatness in no time.
Old 10-18-04, 04:15 PM   #5
SmokaJoka.
InSaNe KiLlAh

Top 10 Punches - Week 4

10. Kid You Couldn't Spit That Hard Verse If You Were Fresh Out Of College.....
Grab Your Brains Roll It Off A Roof, And This Faggot Still Couldn't Drop Knowledge.....
- The Disciple vs. Efusive

9. I'll "cruise by you as if I had a turbo jet cart"...
You "gassed yourself up and you still can't get past the start"!!...
- Succ Maccock vs. Sdizzle

8. Im throwing heat towards you,there is no where to turn
My hot punches hitting you,and giving you 9 degree burns
- Valor vs. 9th Degree

7. i know for a fact votes are like sex for u cause not many seem to fall through
low iq? this kid thought swimming in the pool is what made his balls blue
- Scenario vs. Lyric

6. im schooling this kid and there arent any classes
hes the number one goal.... for rv target practice
- Sdizzle vs. Succ Maccock

5. Shit, I shouldve just gotten this win put in the fuckin header
Its not that youre whack..........just everybody else is better
- Socrates vs. B.I.Detained

4. You'll never be good, And i learned something, so listen,
Ill leave you with holes... Like the Bronx education system,
- Stephen Elwood vs. Final

3. I'm rippin this fuckin faggot, how ws his verse? Whack go fig
Tried to read his post, but got distracted by his huge ass sig
- Lyric vs. Scenario

2. Pathetic bitch.. it didn't take long for you to be dragged thru dirt,
& yea I'm stomping on Soc's heels.. plus his stockings & his skirt.
- B.I.Detained vs. Socrates

1. this idiot has two faces,homie even your hands dont want a date
your so unatractive, you have to fake an orgasm when you masturbate
- Efusive vs. The Disciple
Old 10-18-04, 04:15 PM   #6
SmokaJoka.
InSaNe KiLlAh

K.L.L. Predictions - Week 5

HeavyWeight Title Matchup: Triple N vs. God
Should be a pretty good battle to read from what I've heard. Triple N usually drops decent, but still needs to be able to manage his wit and his concepts better if he wants to pull it off. God can drop good when he wants, but I dont suggest him to let back on anything this week, and if he doesnt...then he should be able to take it.
Prediction - God

LightWeight Title Matchup: B.I.Detained vs. Efusive
I'll go ahead and be the first to say that this may be the battle of the week if both drop to potential. B.I.Detained just made his return to rap not long ago, and may still be rusty, but also manages to drop decent even with that on his shoulders. Efusive has gotten better by the moment and I see no slowing down unless B.I. drops hard...if not, then Efusive may take it.
Prediction - Efusive

Contendership Matchup: Mike Hawk vs. Sdizzle
Both drop good when they want from what I've seen, but Mike just seems to not come with as hard concepts as he should, and he if doesn't do it in this battle...he may lose. Sdizzle usually drops consistent and witty when he feels it to be needed, and I see him holding nothing back.
Prediction - sdizzle

Handicapped Matchup: Lyric vs. Introspect & Dopeman
Lyric drops hard when he wants to and he should do it here and now, Introspect is decent from what I know of & I've never seen a drop from Dopeman to give an honest analysis, but this should be a good match to read. Although I do suggest Introspect & Dopeman to drop hard...or they will lose.
Prediction - Lyric

3-Way Matchup: The Disciple vs. Rick McSlick vs. 9th Degree
Well...The Disciple & Rick both have good ideas for punches, but will they be able to pull those ideas off in this battle?? 9th Degree needs work and hopefully he does it before the verses are due this week. All in all, I have to say that Rick may pull this battle off in the end for having a few more harder punches than the other two.
Prediction - Rick McSlick

Stephen Elwood vs. Socrates
Another decent battle this week....or at least it should be. Elwood drops good when he wants and I've personally seen him come pretty dope at times, and others he just drops ass. Socrates has good ideas for punches but still has trouble trying to make all of them connect...therefore, I think Elwood may pull out the win here.
Prediction - Stephen Elwood

Casual vs. DeadlyVision
Should be another good match this week...DV usually comes good, but needs work on wittier concepts...some punches just don't seem to pull through at times, and Casual needs a bit of work on wording, but usually comes with a few nice punches...all in all I have to say Casual may take it for harder punches.
Prediction - Casual

TitoBronsky vs. Myth
Another good match from one side I believe, I've seen some of Myth's work and he comes decent but still needs to do better in some aspects. I have never read anything from Tito to give an honest opinion...so I pretty much have to go with Myth based on I've seen shit from him.
Prediction - Myth

Notorious Verses vs. Paramik
From what I've heard both come decent, but I've seen some from Paramik. He is pretty good when he wants and he just needs work on concepts and harder witty hits...which isnt too hard to fix if he tries...which I believe he will do...therefore, Paramik may win for having a few more quotable lines than his opponent.
Prediction - Paramik

frein-ma$ter vs. Iknoevel
Well..Ik. is pretty good at text and battling...he just needs work on consistency more than anything, and the other guy has to get a name change before anybody in a league would take him too seriously..therefore, I have to go with Iknoevel based on these facts.
Prediction - Iknoevel

SmokaJoka666 vs. Wrecker
~RaPiDfIRE~: I have never seen a thing from Wrecker, so giving something honest and true would be kind of hard. But I do suggest he drops hard or he may lose this battle due to Smoka throwing harder punches and having more quotable lines, nothing much else to say.
Prediction - SmokaJoka666

FlOw InTeLLiGeNt vs. Kaotic.Theory
Both are pretty good from what I know of, Flow is good with his record and he's been said to be good on RV, Kaotic still needs a bit of work on his punches before he can pull off harder type matchups. Based on all of this I have to say that Flow may pull this battle off for having a more consistent verse than his opponent.
Prediction - FlOw InTeLLiGeNt

Last edited by SmokaJoka666 : 10-18-04 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-18-04, 04:16 PM   #7
SmokaJoka.
InSaNe KiLlAh

Special Interview: With...B.I.Detained

SmokaJoka666: State your name
B.I.Detained: B.I.Detained a.k.a Brix
SmokaJoka666: aight...so how long have you been in the rap game?
B.I.Detained: Ehh.. tis hard to narrow down but I've been writing small shit from an early age ever since I got a Slick Rick album. I started writing small rymes from about 13.. didn't do it for like 3 yrs then started going on rap sites in about late 2002. Just been doing text since then and the odd audio but my music ranges from rap-punk,soul-motown etc and so on. So I'm not only influenecd by rap.
SmokaJoka666: aight...so who are your inspirations?
SmokaJoka666: or more like it..WHAT are your inspirations?
B.I.Detained: Rap wise- I got people like Slick Rick,Big L,Talib Kweli,Mos Def,Brother Ali,Atmosphere. I chose this handfull because they more or less blow out the truth. Nothing hidden and I like that about rap. No bounderies and no b/s. Other musical inspirations come from english bands as Happy Mondays,The Smiths,Keane. I love a lot of bands..a lot of U.S. punk like NFG,Hot Rod Circuit... other bands include The Killers and I could go on forever.Ray Charles,Stevie Wonder,Shaka Kahn are the height of solo artsts which touched me.. not fondled :-) But as I draw from my own personal experieneces to write songs and shit.. my fam' are a big inspiration. For my band and my rap.
SmokaJoka666: nice nice....so you have a very varied taste in music...that's good...it makes you a unique emcee
SmokaJoka666: now that we have layed the groundwork of your history...let's get to the present
SmokaJoka666: you had disappeared from the rap scene not long ago, and just made a return I'd say at least a month ago, correct?
B.I.Detained: Yup.. I went recording with my band for like 2 and a half months. & we're supposed to be releasing our EP in January. We have even got a promotional tour of 5 states in the U.S. so if any of ya'll like emotional rock/punk. Come see us. Sorry for the plug lol
SmokaJoka666: ahhh that's nice...what's the name of your group?? (and I have an EP coming out in 1 week 6 days from now...chea!)
B.I.Detained: We are called A Victim's Romance. We are made up of 2 guitarist,bass,lead singer and are auditioning a drummer. Our first song has already gained interest which we're made up about.. Its music for all really.
SmokaJoka666: You a guitarist?? if not...what do you do in the band?
B.I.Detained: I play bass. Learnt five months ago.. was very tedious but now I'm playing very complex bass lines and influencing all of our new songs. My mate who plays in another band was taught by a guy who jammed with Bob Marley.. so I've got a lot of people around me who can only make me doper than I am. The drummer who recorded drums for our EP is in a hardcore band called Beecha. they'll be in the U.S by march. they're signed and there albw got five K's in Kerrang. They aren't my cup of tea but I appreciate what they do.
SmokaJoka666: aight coo coo....so how do you feel about K.L.L.?
B.I.Detained: I'm in two minds. I got out of LLL and the RMBL coz I was bored. RV was being slated so I thought I'd give it a try as all other sites are boring me. & it aint as bad at all.. there are some cool peeps. K.L.L has the potential to be good. It just needs people to speak there mind in voting and don't just follow the grain of familiar "good battlers". If people speak their mind more.. it'll be a lot better. With your inclusion running it its a very smooth ship.. points systems cool. Talent wise its average.. but as Rv eveolves I can see it being pretty dope. Just gonna take time.
SmokaJoka666: that's a good way to look at it...well you made battle of the week this past week...which is stated earlier in the mag...although you felt you didnt try...you also have an LW Title match this week...how do you feel about these two facts?
B.I.Detained: When I say I didn't try I'm not being the typical egotistical textcee, I'm just saying I need to be motivated to battle. I need someone to diss me before hand.. so I have an incentive to mock them. & contrary to popualr belief Socrates is a cool guy over aim.. he takes advice which helped him up his game in our battle. Its also cool to get a LW title match as it makes me want to win. It isn't the be all and end all but at least its an incentive.. naw mean? & I know Efusive ain't all that bad so it should be a good match up.
SmokaJoka666: yeah I've talked to Socrates as well..he's pretty coo
SmokaJoka666: aight..I'm about to shot you two things and you say which is better
B.I.Detained: shoot
SmokaJoka666: Triple N vs. God
B.I.Detained: Honestly? I have no clue. Unless its God from Rb. I gotta go for him.
SmokaJoka666: Feeble Minded vs. Chrit
B.I.Detained: Chrit.. as Feebles wordplay has got outta hand. Chrit just gets to the point.
SmokaJoka666: RBL vs. LLL?
B.I.Detained: Top 30 RBL Vs. LLL. Vote= RBL
SmokaJoka666: mustard vs. ketchup
B.I.Detained: Gotta be mustard!! that lil bit of kick yo. But I'd choose brown sauce over anything.
SmokaJoka666: A-1 Steack Sauce vs. 57 Heinz
B.I.Detained: Now we're talking..Steak Sauce... close call..
B.I.Detained: these are all rappers on RV right?
B.I.Detained: lmao
SmokaJoka666: oh..lmfao..I went off subject
SmokaJoka666: oh well...lol...this concludes our interview...good to know your past...pretty interesting actually
B.I.Detained: N/p... Now all of K.L.L. Up your game!!! or be prepared to be raped.
SmokaJoka666: *cuts off video tape*
Old 10-18-04, 04:16 PM   #8
SmokaJoka.
InSaNe KiLlAh

Final Thoughts

Everyone wants to know how I feel about being screwed and then banned from RB. Well...I honestly don't care, if kats want to stay there and wait for it to happen to them...then let it be is all I can say. Not many of you know the whole story, and I don't want to run through it for the 300th time...sooo on to another subject, RV. Rapverse has alot of guests more than it does members, and I can toss in alot of ideas to help the site...which I have tried to do. Some of you may agree...some may not. From the making of Elite crews, to me now believing that a new skin for RV would make it look a bit cleaner as well. Not only that...maybe possibly a few SMs to keep shit organized and cleaned. Alot of work can be done for the better, but will it be done is the question that marks me. Possibly, I see about 30+ kats in the Front Lines each day and each time I get on RV...which is coo to battle, but keep in mind you have no recognition amongst some many people. Thus, a league and a title is the best way to get yourself where you want to be. If you don't want to be in one...then fine...do what you want. Some kids running around with nice records from poll battles but won't join a league to back it up...I used to be the same way...and I got my ass tore up when I first joined a league. Either way, I'm hoping K.L.L. can gain prestige and learn the correct ways of battling which is what this boils down to. I have no concern of RB, half of the staff are backstabbers....and some won't help when you ask (SOME...not all). I'll be glad to help anyone who asks and I've always been glad to help when asked. But Im not saying it's only me that does this...Iam very sure all the other mods on this site would/will help if you ask for it. Strobe does a nice job as admin and usually gets shit done with 24 hours of you PMing him....I've yet to see any other admins to do that. All in all, RV is a place that would be really nice to stay, but still needs work and detail in a few areas....speak your mind and dont be afraid to give a suggestion...which is what I've just done.
Old 10-18-04, 04:21 PM   #9
B.I.Detained
Mona Lisa.

IP: 828D 0B7A

Good mag'..

Excelled once again.

Old 10-18-04, 04:30 PM   #10
Pop Lotty
Get Soul Clapped, E-Style!

Text Record: 15-21
IP: 3E3A 9907

*rises and claps*
finally a mag has been made!!!

Pop Lotty, NiggaGet SoulClapped....E-Style!!!

A
Send a message via AIM to Pop Lotty  
Old 10-18-04, 05:18 PM   #11
40z
New to RV

Text Record: 3-4
IP: 388B 2712

LOL... Yea, it's me BriX.
Niggas fillin' up with rage but they ain't gettin' above me
And after all the battles, the wins are no longer surprising
Pushin' bar after bar, takin' over the game, revolutionizing
Never thought of takin' help from others, see, I'm too proud
And every battle raises the volume of a voice speaking aloud
Send a message via AIM to 40z  
Old 10-18-04, 05:20 PM   #12
SmokaJoka.
InSaNe KiLlAh

Word...this week looks like it should pick up business like woah...praise my mag you fuckers...it takes hours to do shit like this....
Old 10-18-04, 05:23 PM   #13
40z
New to RV

Text Record: 3-4
IP: 388B 2712

Good mag, Smoksta.

Hmm... How many heavyweight battles does it take for me to become the heavyweigt champ? I need to know how many I'm gonna need to win. :-)
Niggas fillin' up with rage but they ain't gettin' above me
And after all the battles, the wins are no longer surprising
Pushin' bar after bar, takin' over the game, revolutionizing
Never thought of takin' help from others, see, I'm too proud
And every battle raises the volume of a voice speaking aloud
Send a message via AIM to 40z  
Old 10-18-04, 06:32 PM   #14
Archeologist
Dope.

Text Record: 25-6
IP: DAC4 7752

Well Done Smoka.