RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-02, 12:38 PM   #1
King O
BANNED

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Thumbs up Any o u heads heard any UK Hip Hop

IP: 072B 152E

UK Hip Hop is gonna blow soon.
Some o the stuff is still imature as its pretty new that the UK been spittin in their own accents aqnd spittin bout UK life (Opposed to American) but some is still hot.

some UK Emcee's 2 check from UK

Blak Twang - (Trixta - Hot joint)
Roots Manuva - Dreamy days, Witness, Stone the crows,
Task Force - (Group)
Braintax -
So Solid Crew - Just turned from Garage, on Westwood last week blazin out 2 Miami and areas,

Try and check some cos its takin off
Old 07-06-02, 02:47 PM   #2
Caramac
Tickle My Sloth

Text Record: 10-5
IP: 6AD2 8F43

Black Twang's ill...i heard the song he did with a woman where they say "oochie walla walla, oochie bangs bangs" from that other song.Have you heard of The Common wealth? They quite famous UK cats, they been on westwood loads of times.And Tai, he's sick...i heard his track called Jealousy, he raps too quick for me though and i dont hear all he's saying.Also have you heard The Villains? They got a track called Dark Visions which was ok.

But SoSolid Crew? Damn they are fucking wack!!!They just a bunch of Garage MC's...I know in america they sometimes refer to rappers as MC's but over here MCing is different to rap.I cant stand that shit emcee crew...they always say some wack shit like..."budda,budda emcee", thats wack!!!What the fuck is a "budda budda?" and why would you write a lyric with that in? Rap is far more complex to write and easier to associate with and understand the lyrics.MC's suck dick!!!
Send a message via AIM to Caramac   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-02, 04:40 PM   #3
King O
BANNED

Text Record: 0-0
Yo!

IP: 072B 152E

Yeh i hear wot u sayin i agree So Solid is shite but as this is mainly an american site and So Solid are startin to sell in Us i thought id give em a mention.... Also anything from Low Lofe Records is ill, Tommy Evans, Jehst, Ricochet etc.

Tai is pretty ill but i know wot u sayin he does spit too fast but he got the lyrics, never heard o the common wealth but i'l give em a check,

Anyone checkin the UK for first time tell us wot u tink!

Some great underground Emcees round UK at mo some hangin round hiphopmusic.Co.uk (<- Dunno nerw adress)
Baron Samedi and Conflix especially!

Peace
Old 07-06-02, 04:55 PM   #4
Chaos

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 4E97 C1A7

I agree with Caramac, So Solid r fuckin' rubbish.

he's right about garage in comparison to hip hop, it just doesn't compare.

I you gonna give any UK garage MC's props it's gotta be Pay As You Go Cartel, their the best of a bad bunch.

CHAOS - The Most Chaotic
Old 07-06-02, 05:03 PM   #5
Caramac
Tickle My Sloth

Text Record: 10-5
IP: 6AD2 8F43

What shit you heard by Tai? I was taping Westwood when he played these two tai tracks, i know one's called Jealousy it goes..." My best friends just graduated from Uni (university)
I should be happy for him but the thrill aint running through me..."

And i got this other shit of his that starts with...
"Straight up out of ______ and i, could never see the _____ and die,
I represent one of the smallest towns where skate-boarders are always walking 'round!"
Something like that but like i said, he spits quick so its hard to catch what he says. I aint heard them other cats you mentioned but there's a thread like this in Culture if you wanna reply on there?Anyways, So solid are wack, MCing is wack, and i never really liked garage anyways so its easy to see why i dont like them!They about as hard as Mystique and |Miss Dynamite!!!!UK hip-hop is on the up though, which is good for peeps like me and you rappers from the UK...
Send a message via AIM to Caramac   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-02, 06:15 PM   #6
Johnny 6-feet

IP: 9E0F 8EFB

i copped blak twangs new album "kik off" pretty much the entire album is ILL, too bad those other hip-hop fellas dont get as much coverage.

and i'm in total agreement when it comes to the so solid bashing, that fucking song "haters" contains a line (seriously, no fucking joke) with that fat rapper saying "why you hating me, why you watching me, why you biting me?", AFROMAN would rip this wack motherfucker inna freestyle comp.

fuck garage emcee's, get some talent, you wack motherfuckers.
hate.
Old 07-07-02, 07:04 PM   #7
Direkt-Threat

IP: 1636 8BC9

Nah, not really, but when I was in England, every night befor I went to sleep, I did listen to the radio, and there was some tight music, but couldn't understand some of the words and ish...
Old 07-10-02, 03:52 PM   #8
varentao

IP: F8DE F595

check out Roots Manuva...original...and deep...mixes reggae styles with hip-hop...amongst other styles...very versatile in what he talks about as well as the beats and tunes he uses...

check the 'dub come save me' release especially.......

http://www.bigdada.com/releases.php

Last edited by varentao : 07-12-02 at 06:43 AM.