RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-05, 06:30 PM   #1
The Militant
www.militantmusic.com

Benzino Leaves The Source!

IP: 6804 D41F

Ray Benzino, the Chief Brand Executive and Co-owner of The Source magazine, has resigned from his position at the company today (April 8).

"If me leaving the source is gonna help the magazine then I'll do it," the rapper told AllHipHop.com."The Source is an institution and is part of history; I want my kids and grandkids to enjoy the No. 1 Hip-Hop magazine for all time."

“I want to step down from the magazine and sell my stock effective immediately,” the rapper continued in a statement.

The rapper explained that there were a number of reasons for his departure, including his beef with Eminem, politics and other nearby business partnerships.

“This is a big step for me. I’ve been consumed too much with the whole conflict thing… the Eminem suit and I am sick of it. I don’t want to take away from what The Source has built up, but I got issues with The Source and magazines like that. Everyone is too politically correct. They’re not thinking about the little guy who can’t afford to pay for high priced ads. It’s like a monopoly,” he continued.

He also took issue with mogul Earl Graves and his Black Enterprise publication, which partnered with The Source when it sought to strengthen its financial status.

“Our other partner, Black Enterprises, is another reason why I’ve decided to leave. I don’t like how they perceive me. There are too many things that I don’t agree with, so I am moving on.”

Finally, Zino stated that he expects to start a new publication – a direct competitor of The Source – that will be free of his previous constraints.

“I plan on creating another magazine that has my voice which represents the little guy. It’s because of the manipulation of SoundScan and radio that Hip-hop is losing its edge,” he lamented. “I want to come out with a magazine that will reflect that. I want to start from the ground up and speak for the artists.”

While he's starting a mag, a rep for the rapper stateed that he has no beef with his former publication. "They're still cool," the rep told AllHipHop.com and revealed that the rapper and former partner Dave Mays would have a press
Old 04-10-05, 01:46 AM   #2
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: 4461 951A

benzino = dick head

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-05, 05:40 AM   #3
Costo
New to RV

Text Record: 0-1
IP: A402 B1E6

I agree with what high~dro stated.
Old 04-10-05, 10:34 AM   #4
B-MAC
vanquising Mc's Daily

IP: DF3B D397

Ya Benzino is a fucken loser.. He should just retire, before he makes himself look bad anymore

[
Old 04-10-05, 11:16 AM   #5
Speats
Hell yeah

Text Record: 10-8
IP: E7A1 D96E

im the only one who likes benzino
Send a message via AIM to Speats Send a message via MSN to Speats   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-05, 12:32 PM   #6
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: 1C00 CCA1

probably........

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-05, 12:37 PM   #7
Bangalore

Text Record: 10-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: CF4E 8780

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ Wordman $
Ya Benzino is a fucken loser.. He should just retire, before he makes himself look bad anymore

so should you...fag

Free Time...

I Live the Lifestyle You Want to Live

Secret Society/Cut Throat
Old 04-10-05, 12:41 PM   #8
B-MAC
vanquising Mc's Daily

^^ stfu i own you..

[
Old 04-10-05, 12:45 PM   #9
Bangalore

Text Record: 10-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: CF4E 8780

lol haha...yea and i'm Ronald McDonald...you don't own shit...did you pawn your mic yet?

Free Time...

I Live the Lifestyle You Want to Live

Secret Society/Cut Throat
Old 04-10-05, 12:46 PM   #10
Speats
Hell yeah

Text Record: 10-8
IP: 2FCD 6A04

lol at wordman talkin shit and being wack at the same time
Send a message via AIM to Speats Send a message via MSN to Speats   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-05, 12:51 PM   #11
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: A0C8 44A9

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ Wordman $
^^ stfu i own you..

The only things you own are empty bottles of bacardi that you must of drank before you started to date your neighbours dog. You also own a wack face, and you sound like a dumbass. You don't even post cool, you just say gay things like you're a fag, shut up you're gay. Man, if that's all you got on your mind then damn...you must be a faggot yourself..

You say we are always on the internet, and that it is our lives...buddy...you're 20 years old...chill inside your moms house on saturday nights using rapverse.. Buddy...you wrote a song about me...and you call me obsessed with this shit? Get off my dick faggot..

Red Bull, and anybody else > $ Wordman $, and his whore dog faced girlfriend.
Old 04-10-05, 01:43 PM   #12
Armada Da 187
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 2-3
IP: 1F84 1588

shyt man Benzino is a pretty tight rapper, i like the majority of his song bottles n up was tight, rock the party, would you, built for this, dear slim, dont wanna, die another day all them joints is tight eminem isnt even that good he jus got famous makin fun of fred durst brittney spears michael jackson the fool never tries anything agaisnt the hardcore rappers like ice cube,dmx,method man etc...... he is a coward n Zno showed his ass up

Benzino 7/10 on the rap scale
eminem 0/10 he got no skills a.k.a. he'za ghost writer
Old 04-10-05, 04:46 PM   #13
The Militant
www.militantmusic.com

IP: F588 BB20

benzino can be alright sometimes but hes not as good as eminem as ^some^ people think have u heard nail in the coffin...the sauce...halies revenge...bump heads...
Old 04-10-05, 05:20 PM   #14
B-MAC
vanquising Mc's Daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bull
The only things you own are empty bottles of bacardi that you must of drank before you started to date your neighbours dog. You also own a wack face, and you sound like a dumbass. You don't even post cool, you just say gay things like you're a fag, shut up you're gay. Man, if that's all you got on your mind then damn...you must be a faggot yourself..

You say we are always on the internet, and that it is our lives...buddy...you're 20 years old...chill inside your moms house on saturday nights using rapverse.. Buddy...you wrote a song about me...and you call me obsessed with this shit? Get off my dick faggot..

Red Bull, and anybody else > $ Wordman $, and his whore dog faced girlfriend.

Fuck!!!! You Again.. i thought you would have killed yourself by now.. I love how you try and develop a insult on me by compiling stupid and completely wrong facts, Thats exactly why youll neva faze be, because i know your a fucken idiot and frankly dont know the difference between your own shit and your face.. OK.. First off those Bottles are not Empty..I know you Probely grew up wit your dad touching you, so i forgive you if yah motor skills dont fuction as well as they once did.. lol.. Second i live on my own in my own nice apartment, Unlike you..Thrid i didnt say you were obssessed wit this shit, i said you and kesse were obssessed wit each other, witch is true.. so in turn your a fucken idiot..Sorry Kiddo i ant on yah dick, i know you would like that.. But I dont play that way.. Fagget.. lol

[
Old 04-10-05, 05:30 PM   #15
Armada Da 187
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 2-3
IP: 1F84 1588

nail in the coffin was wack he called him a 80 r old grandpa zno is like 40 come the fuck on lol haleys revenge sickend me so bad the fool breing his daughter in battles pffftt the sauce was a lil beter but eminem doesnt sound serious he sounds like sum 15 year old he doesnt have the tone of voice to be battler nobody takes him serious