RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-05, 04:32 PM   #1
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
As technology goes on...

IP: 2683 3798

BrainGate™ Neural Interface System

The BrainGate™ Neural Interface System is currently the subject of a pilot clinical trial being conducted under an Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) from the FDA. The system is designed to restore functionality for a limited, immobile group of severely motor-impaired individuals. It is expected that people using the BrainGate™ System will employ a personal computer as the gateway to a range of self-directed activities. These activities may extend beyond typical computer functions (e.g., communication) to include the control of objects in the environment such as a telephone, a television and lights.

The BrainGate™ System is based on Cyberkinetics' platform technology to sense, transmit, analyze and apply the language of neurons. The System consists of a sensor that is implanted on the motor cortex of the brain and a device that analyzes brain signals. The principle of operation behind the BrainGate™ System is that with intact brain function, brain signals are generated even though they are not sent to the arms, hands and legs. The signals are interpreted and translated into cursor movements, offering the user an alternate "BrainGate™ pathway" to control a computer with thought, just as individuals who have the ability to move their hands use a mouse.

Cyberkinetics is further developing the BrainGate™ System to potentially provide limb movement to people with severe motor disabilities. The goal of this development program would be to allow these individuals to one day use their own arms and hands again. Limb movement developments are currently at the research stage and are not available for use with the existing BrainGate™ System. In addition Cyberkinetics is developing products to allow for robotic control, such as a thought-controlled wheelchair.

In the future, the BrainGate™ System could be used by those individuals whose injuries are less severe. Next generation products may be able to provide an individual with the ability to control devices that allow breathing, bladder and bowel movements.

The BrainGate™ Neural Interface System is an investigational device. It is not approved for sale and is available only through a clinical study

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 04-22-05, 04:35 PM   #2
Fables
In the midst of it all.

IP: 206E 7797

Thats interesting, but kind of complex, I got lost in a few places lol .
Old 04-23-05, 08:41 AM   #4
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
IP: 539C ADBA

I have no idea what the fuck this is all about lol..

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-05, 09:15 AM   #5
Politi-Kill
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 73D8 AACD

^i'm with u,lol...from the few parts that i understood i think its good