RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-05, 05:53 PM   #1
Sik Wit It

Wu-Tang Latino Announced

IP: 258C A279

The RZA has teamed up with Ray Acosta, former VP of Musica Latina and Marketing at UBO, to launch a new label, Wu-Tang Latino.

"Wu-Tang Latino is the perfect fusion between Hip-Hop and Reggaetone," Acosta, President of Wu-Tang Latino, told AllHipHop.com. "I felt it was necessary because we [as Latinos] love Hip-Hop but in the love for Hip-Hop, we were losing our culture. So I feel that this joint venture with RZA is the perfect solution because it's Hip-Hop and Reggaetone, but it's not too overwhelming from either side to where you don't know what you're listening to."

The label has already signed four artists who all plan on dropping albums next year.

“I am happy with the venture" artist/producer Rameses said. “I have been a fan of Hip-Hop since forever, so to team up with members of the Wu-Tang Clan and to be on a label that has the same vision for my music as I do, is incredible."

In addition to Rameses, artists Ruster, NP Killah, Shown Black and Gil will be some of the artists featured on the upcoming Wu-Tang Latino mixtape due out in August.

"We just want to bring everyone together." Acosta continued. “We want to create our own type of music on the East Coast, because we have Reggaetone, but the West coast has Regional Hip-Hop for Mexicans. Eventually I would like it all to be classified as Latino Hip-Hop to embrace us all."

Look out for the debut single from Rameses featuring Mef to be out as soon as next week.