RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-05, 11:01 PM   #1
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

Audio Record: 1-0
..Saigon Interview....

IP: 0402 AA79

kinda long but one of the best hip hop interviews ever....

Cedric Muhammad: You just alluded to radio. What is your view on radio – the evolution or digression of it in the years since you have been coming up? And I point to a record like ‘I’m Black’ by Styles P. that won’t get played, and then Kanye West’s song, ‘All Falls Down’ where they take out the part where he says, ‘White Man.’

Saigon: Yeah, that’s kind of crazy. I feel radio is what it is – a tool used to program us and help them to make money. The more money they put into an artist, the more you are going to hear him on the radio. The more you hear him on the radio, the more money they are going to get in return. It is a business thing. And you have Clear Channel which owns like 1500 stations who is putting all of the same songs in rotation because all of these dudes in high places are friends. You can only imagine who Jimmy Iovine’s friends are, who he has got in his Rolodex. Of course he can call the president of Clear Channel and the president of NBC and CBS, when Eminem says ‘nigger’, and get that shut down real quick. It is funny because Benzino used to say, ‘You notice as soon as we went at Eminem they raided Michael Jackson’s house (laughter)?’ Like, to take all of the attention off of all of that. They went after Mike after that.

The biggest and most popular artist in the world right now, Eminem, is a blatant racist. They have this dude on tape saying, ‘nigger this...’ and ‘nigger that...’ and (things like) ‘I don’t f-—k with nigger bitches, these bitches are coons and crickets’ and all kinds of shit, and they downplay it to the point where it is like he never said it. Let that have been Jay-Z talking about, ‘F—-k all of the White people.’ Lauryn Hill said one time, and I never even heard her say it, ‘I don’t want White people buying my music.’ But that is only through the grapevine, that somebody said that, and they blew that shit out of control. Nobody ever had no audio of that (Lauryn Hill’s alleged statement). But we have the audio of Eminem’s voice saying it! (And they make excuses for what he said like), “Oh he just broke up with a Black girl, so he called her all kind of ‘niggers.’” Get the f—-k out of here man, you have got to come up with something better than that. And you know what, none of us stood up, none of us stepped up. If I was 50 (Cent), I think I would have slapped his face as soon as I heard that.

Saigon: 50 Cent. Wow. This is very touchy because we have the same lawyer and accountants and I know how he plays. He plays hardball. Like, if he don’t agree with something you say, he’ll go to the lawyer and be like, ‘hey, f-—k with his books.’ (laughter). It is very touchy. But I am a man first. But 50 is a super talent. His voice is so powerful. He can say anything and draw people in.

My qualm with 50 is the bullshit he puts in his music. You can’t keep feeding the people poison without giving them nothing good. He has all of this attention and he could lead these mother f----rs to the Promised Land, and he would rather lead them to damnation. You got more money than you could ever spend in your life. What is your excuse for still doing this shit? What is the excuse for your new single you are talking about, ‘On my way O.T. to flip them bricks…’ You just made $50 million last year. What are you doing even thinking about a brick? And you got to think that there are young kids in the hood who don’t see that and they are like, ‘…yeah nigga I’m on my way O.T. to flip some bricks. F-—k that I gotta go get this money, I gotta go flip these bricks.’ And it is like he don’t care. There is an article where he said, ‘F--k anybody else’s kids. I don’t care about nobody else’s kids as long as my kid is alright.’ Now, what if somebody sees your kid in trouble and they have that kind of mentality? What if somebody sees his kid about to do the wrong thing – about to smoke some crack or something crazy and they have that mentality that he has – ‘Fu-k that kid. Let that nigga’ do whatever he wants.’ Come on man, you can’t say things like that. Put the shoe on the other foot. You’re a father. You definitely shouldn’t say no shit like that.

the rest of that shyt here...

http://www.blackelectorate.com/articles.asp?ID=1420

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 11:04 PM   #2
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: A6B3 421B

that was an interesting read, some good points put across

but fuck reading the whole thing, its too long for me....
Old 07-23-05, 11:04 PM   #3
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 0402 AA79

..Lazy Fucka...

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 11:05 PM   #4
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: A6B3 421B

u need to not be lazy and go vote in my KLL battle

no fucka is voting in that sum'bitch.....
Old 07-25-05, 11:44 AM   #5
B.I.G.
B.I.G.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: DD02 1081

Who the fuck is Cedric Muhamad... fuck him... lol

Bizzacckkk
Old 07-25-05, 06:30 PM   #6
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: 9E0A BAC8

i read this on a different board....it is hella longer....there are 2 parts and that was only a small part of one of em...........the interview lasted over 2 hours

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-05, 01:28 AM   #7
Kronos
Light Weight

IP: 2929 AF98

Yeah, its long, but its worth the read. He talks about some deep stuff and issues that alot of people should know about, I couldnt stop reading until I finished the whole thing

Send a message via ICQ to Kronos Send a message via AIM to Kronos Send a message via MSN to Kronos Send a message via Yahoo to Kronos   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-05, 03:32 PM   #9
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 28AD 5545

I agree with EVERYTHING he said.Especially with that eminem shit.
That shit aint even make news at ALL.I needed a magazine to hear about that shit.
Old 07-26-05, 03:33 PM   #10
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: 9E0A BAC8

he isnt making millions

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-05, 03:35 PM   #11
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Saigon: Yeah. What? (laughter). That is why all of these dudes now, feel like they have to go down there and collaborate with a Down South artist and make these songs that sound country-driven. Yeah, it is real hard. I feel like – not to dis the South, because my family is from the South and my mother is from the South - but I feel like, they have kind of dumbed the Hip-Hop down so much, that it is like anybody can grasp it now, and it is more accessible and entertaining to everyone, and anyone can catch on to it now. They were always considered slower than us. The Down South mo’ f-----s was always considered slow. Like up here in New York, we were always considered more advanced than Down South people. Now it is like the tail wagging the dog. Now, it is like the slow people are leading the advanced. The slow mo’ f-----rs is like in control of shit because the majority rules. And there is more slow people, so now that is what is in effect. So now the people who like to hear insight and introspective lyrics and like to grow and learn – you can’t learn from a Down South record. There are a few groups like David Banner and Outkast (that you can learn from). It’s a few of them...

^OMFG WORD FUCKIN sentense.
Old 07-26-05, 03:41 PM   #12
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Yo troop thanks for this shit.I'ma pay more attention to seigan now.