RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-05, 07:02 AM   #1
Sixth Sense
Banned: For Being So Fly.....lol....my new account is Triple Sixes....

Updates on 106 & Park

IP: 0D11 88C9

After five years of hosting BET's highly rated video countdown show "106 & Park," AJ and Free announced their departure during Thursday's live broadcast of BET's "106 & Park."

While sitting on the famed “106” couch and holding a cellphone with co-host Free on the other line, a tearful AJ told the television and studio audience, “This is our last live show...But this isn’t the last time you’ll see us.”

The two have been a staple on televisions across the country since 106 & Park debuted in 2000 as BET moved its music programming operations from its Washington DC corporate location to facilities located at the corner of 106th Street and Park Avenue in Harlem. Since then, 106 & Park has been a dominant force among video countdown programs, featuring live interviews and performances by the biggest names in music and entertainment; a rocking in-studio audience; and the top music videos as chosen by BET viewers on the BET.com Website.

BET has not made any announcements on future hosts or plans for the show at this time. A pre-taped show hosted by AJ with guest Miami rapper Trina will air on Friday (BET at 6 p.m. (ET/PT)).

"There is nothing like `106 & Park' it's a staple in the African American community for five years and we hope it will continue," AJ said to the audience. "We love you all very much."

Both hosts will go on to pursue other interests. AJ announced that he will be opening a new restaurant, Mahogany, in Brooklyn, N.Y. and will continue working with his management company. AJ also announced that Free said that her Website would also be coming soon.

STARTING 2MORROW I WILL BE TRIPLE SIXES THATS GON BE MY NEW ACCOUNT SO THATS ME AIGHT CUZ IM SO FLY......LOL
Send a message via MSN to Sixth Sense   Reply With Quote