RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-05, 07:00 AM   #1
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
2pac= ?

IP: B6C0 18CA

WHACK........I cant believe y'all is on his dick.

''oh yeah pac was the best rapper of all time''...wtf? lol

Most pac fans in this modern day would pay no attention too him if....He wasnt dead (R.I.P)

But yeah the point is, 2pac is not as great as everybody makes out.

When he was alive, his music was aight, but its all the same lyrics, his songs are boring now......he aint the best rapper of all time, an he wasnt even an ''mc'' either, more of a pop artist if you ask me.

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 07:14 AM   #2
Castro...
QU3 M! D3$T!NO 3$ M! UN!CO 3N3M!GO

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 2-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 00A2 4ED0

He was just lyrical and deep wit his shit you can actually picture everything he said...back then anything he would say ppl would do if he said being gay was gangsta ppl would be gay lol he was god to em and still is to some...he based his lyrics on tragedy in life and always had to do somethin wit death in almost all his songs and poems so yea he is one of the best cuz he's lyrical and deep wit his shit and he's just lyrically more advance then most ppl in those years back then
Old 08-16-05, 07:19 AM   #3
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

I understand what your sayin....but he was kinda hypocritical in his rhymes

He was born on the eastcoast, but constantly hollerd ''WESTSIDE'' On his tracks, an many times said ''FUCK THE EASTCOAST''.....an also, wasnt he a damn ballerina? I'm sure he was.......

but anyway, He was kind of real, he did send out a message, but he didnt need to send out that messsage in every single tracks, he could of switched his style up a lil bit, I think if he was still alive, he'd be in the same category as snoop dogg right now, fell off an in an attempt too re-live his glory days, he'd work with pop artists an try making money in the pop charts.

Old 08-16-05, 07:21 AM   #4
Castro...
QU3 M! D3$T!NO 3$ M! UN!CO 3N3M!GO

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 2-2
IP: 00A2 4ED0

he was born in brooklyn but was raised in the west...it's where you was raised cuz you know that hood better and ppl have ya back in the hood you was raised not the one that you was born cuz you dont know no one there ya get me like i was born in queens and raised so I'm east side to the fullest but if i moved to the west side since i was lil I would be screamin out WEST SIDE lol cuz i would be raised in the west and that's wat happen to him
Old 08-16-05, 07:27 AM   #5
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Word, wtf am i talkin about, I was born in the west, but basically raized down south lol#

but anyway, fuck my hypocritical an contradicting comments, pac is still laaaaaaame.

well his all eyez on me album was dope, an so was r u still down, but he'd be a fallen soldier in the game if he was still alive.

Old 08-16-05, 09:44 AM   #6
Thassarap
.The Movement.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 8376 4D75

u cant judge pac based on his post-mortem albums, if he was still alive he'd keep on getting better like he did when he was alive
Old 08-16-05, 09:47 AM   #7
chip
pain is weakness leaving the body

IP: F38C 26F8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Shoota
I understand what your sayin....but he was kinda hypocritical in his rhymes

He was born on the eastcoast, but constantly hollerd ''WESTSIDE'' On his tracks, an many times said ''FUCK THE EASTCOAST''.....an also, wasnt he a damn ballerina? I'm sure he was.......

but anyway, He was kind of real, he did send out a message, but he didnt need to send out that messsage in every single tracks, he could of switched his style up a lil bit, I think if he was still alive, he'd be in the same category as snoop dogg right now, fell off an in an attempt too re-live his glory days, he'd work with pop artists an try making money in the pop charts.

Pac iz the greatest MC of all time cuz of his lyricism and his realness. 50cent don't get as much respect as him cuz he's alwayz false-flaggin'; and Em(white, gay-bashing rapper. nuff said). as for him getting bigger when he died, i agree wit u. shit, i was only 6 or7! I listened to him when he was alive though and i thought he was sick. he was a little pop(ex. i get around), but even as a rapper u have to be a little pop to be mainstream and sell records. i guess my point iz, if he wasn't the greatest of all time who iz?(please don't say Biggie. he only dropped 2 albulms)

"I don't want to be deep... I want to feel deep and use that feeling to express depth itself..."
-Konchance

my poetry:
untitled
Send a message via AIM to chip   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 09:49 AM   #8
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 9133 0431

pac was dope cuz his message..he wasnt the most lyrical but lotz of people could relate....it's kinda a thang where u like it or u dont....but either way u gotz ta show the emcee some respect dawg
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 09:53 AM   #9
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

IP: 5DA6 760F

Emcee? are we talkin about the same 2pac?

He was no emcee, Bet the nigga never battled in his life

his message he sent out was positive for the black community, I rate him in the same category as Malcolm X an shit, but....As an emcee an his lyrical content was nothin special.

Old 08-16-05, 09:54 AM   #10
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

IP: 5DA6 760F

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
Pac iz the greatest MC of all time cuz of his lyricism and his realness. 50cent don't get as much respect as him cuz he's alwayz false-flaggin'; and Em(white, gay-bashing rapper. nuff said). as for him getting bigger when he died, i agree wit u. shit, i was only 6 or7! I listened to him when he was alive though and i thought he was sick. he was a little pop(ex. i get around), but even as a rapper u have to be a little pop to be mainstream and sell records. i guess my point iz, if he wasn't the greatest of all time who iz?(please don't say Biggie. he only dropped 2 albulms)

Get your shit correct, son......album sales dont make you lyrically superior.

Old 08-16-05, 10:53 AM   #11
PrahJect
Champion

IP: 3A64 90A8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Shoota
WHACK........I cant believe y'all is on his dick.

''oh yeah pac was the best rapper of all time''...wtf? lol

Most pac fans in this modern day would pay no attention too him if....He wasnt dead (R.I.P)

But yeah the point is, 2pac is not as great as everybody makes out.

When he was alive, his music was aight, but its all the same lyrics, his songs are boring now......he aint the best rapper of all time, an he wasnt even an ''mc'' either, more of a pop artist if you ask me.

Ive totally lost all the respect I ever had of you, how can you think hes shit. First of all listen to these songs:

2pac - Starin Through My Rearview
2pac - Happy Home
2pac - Changes (u musta heard this)
2pac - Picture me Rollin
2pac - Ambitonz as a Ridah

Shows tupac propperly, and also I think Pac was influential on a music level and world level:

Music Level

First of all for his time period, there was not too many Raw, cutthroat rappers, he revolutinized rap, hes poetry reached many people, amongst me. He went through things people could understand and the way he expresed all of it reached us, His lyrics are jus amazing I will now point out some random lyrics from him, I guarentee brilliant rhymes:

These rhymes are from Panther Power, as a strong African American, I believe hugely in the Power Of the Panther, he kept this shit alive...

As real as it seems the American Dream
Ain't nothing but another calculated schemes
To get us locked up shot up back in chains
To deny us of the future rob our names
Kept my history of mystery but now I see
The American Dream wasn't meant for me
Cause lady liberty is a hypocrite she lied to me
Promised me freedom, education, equality
Never gave me nothing but slavery
And now look at how dangerous you made me
Calling me a mad man cause I'm strong and bold
With this dump full of knowledge of the lies you told
Promise me emancipation indispute nation
All you gave my people was our patience
Fathers of our country never cared for me
They kept my answer shackled up in slavery
And Uncle Sam never did a dam thing for me
Except lie about the facts in my history
So now I'm sitting hear mad cause I'm unemployed
But the government's glad cause they enjoyed
When my people are down so they can screw us around
Time to change the government now panther power

Those lyrics alone show the heart of a young man who was a strong black man and represented many of us, you may not be feelin his shit...but you wanna know why others do? heres a reason, his political views got him killed but told America what its really like.............

I could go on forever....but this is real and this is what I believe and this line by itself makes it sure to me Pac is real and Pac talked bout real issues

(In an interview)

"WE WERE ASKIN WITH MARTIN LUTHER KING, WE WERE ASKING WITH THE PANTHER, BUT NOW YOU THINK WERE GONNA ASK ANYMORE?....."

Half of his fans are white, so lets see why they like him, same REASON...his deep lyrics....

And YOU SAY NOW HE WOULDNT LAST....HE WOULD EASY...

50 cent is talkin bout candy shops and bein in a club.....Ja Rule Is caught up and Akons locked up...PAC would do BETTER NOW THAN BEFORE...

BEFORE THERE WAS RAPPERS LIKE LL COOL J, SNOOP DOGG (PRIME), DRE, BIGGIE...

So know your shit foo
Old 08-16-05, 11:48 AM   #12
Macca
Back....

Text Record: 14-12
IP: EE9C 9313

lol. I hope I'm hope I'm the only one that replies cuz that shit is stupid. Its your opinion. he was a rapper you dumb fuck. it should be that obvious.
Old 08-16-05, 11:50 AM   #13
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 9092 4066

he put so much emotion into his lyrics

that was his life, he bled through his pen

but yeah i agree, he's mad overrated for his lyricism

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 08-16-05, 11:52 AM   #14
Exic
New to RV

IP: A402 B1E6

yeah hes overated.. but he has attributes that other rappers dont.. imo.
Send a message via Yahoo to Exic   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 12:01 PM   #15
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 9092 4066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exic
yeah hes overated.. but he has attributes that other rappers dont.. imo.

werrrrd........

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★