RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-05, 04:48 PM   #1
ksr
Middle Weight

Graphics Record: 11-4
show some respect for 50 cent

IP: BA33 ECA8

^^thats right
i'm not gonna say that he's a good lyricist, cause he isnt, but he does deserve some respect
examples...
- he's sold almost 20 million albums with only TWO releases
- a 50 cent hook can make a club banger as easy as a dope timbaland or scott storch beat
- he's pushin some of the best-sellin mixtapes as well as bein a mainstream success
- he's sittin on one of rap's most successful rap labels (g-unit)
- he's makin money off clothing, shoe, and vitamin water lines (n probly some other bussinesses that i forgot about)
- he's probly the most well-known name in music, and maybe entertainment in general
- his upcoming movie, soundtrack, video game, and his recently released book are all guaranteed successes because they have 50's name on the cover

so hate or love his music, but u have to face the facts. he knows wut people want, n he knows how to make it
i know i'll catch a lot of heat for makin this thread, but i had to make it. i'm sick of newbs comin in here and hatin on 50 just to fit in with the whole "underground rap" image...
Old 10-14-05, 04:52 PM   #2
smokedout05
Herb

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 0825 899A

i def agree about people hatin on 50 just to fit in
Old 10-14-05, 04:54 PM   #3
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 71E7 6664

I hate 50 because of the fact he raps for money, when did music become about money? Rap is supposed to be self expression, now it's a career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 10-14-05, 04:55 PM   #4
AssasSINation
The Truest TRUTH

IP: 2102 894E

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KSR-
^^thats right
i'm not gonna say that he's a good lyricist, cause he isnt, but he does deserve some respect
examples...
- he's sold almost 20 million albums with only TWO releases
- a 50 cent hook can make a club banger as easy as a dope timbaland or scott storch beat
- he's pushin some of the best-sellin mixtapes as well as bein a mainstream success
- he's sittin on one of rap's most successful rap labels (g-unit)
- he's makin money off clothing, shoe, and vitamin water lines (n probly some other bussinesses that i forgot about)
dont forget bout the new watches that has a MP3 player....thats gangsta....lol....
- he's probly the most well-known name in music, and maybe entertainment in general
- his upcoming movie, soundtrack, video game, and his recently released book are all guaranteed successes because they have 50's name on the cover

so hate or love his music, but u have to face the facts. he knows wut people want, n he knows how to make it
i know i'll catch a lot of heat for makin this thread, but i had to make it. i'm sick of newbs comin in here and hatin on 50 just to fit in with the whole "underground rap" image...

yeah GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG-------unit....yeah Mobb DEep, M.O.P. and Mase are signed to them iom rockin mobb deep u see...lol.....

[CENTER]
Send a message via MSN to AssasSINation   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 04:59 PM   #5
ksr
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelation
I hate 50 because of the fact he raps for money, when did music become about money? Rap is supposed to be self expression, now it's a career.

i see where ur comin from, but its too idealistic
anything that someone can make millions on isnt gonna stay that pure
Old 10-14-05, 05:01 PM   #6
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 5285 DC82

everything you stated has somthign do with with him making money, 50 cent is a marketing genius. He cant rap for shit.
Do you relise million doller studio equipment can make a rapper flow and sound good.
since when has a good rapper been classes on what studio equpiment can do for his voice?
since when has it been cool to make the same generic content filled songs over and over on a diffrent beat?

your wrong, 50 cent doesnt deserve any respect for analising the "thug" image and using it to sell records at extreme numbers.

he is a marketing genius,not a good rapper. He has taken huge chunks of industry knowledge from the brightest in the game(jam master j,shady aftermath) and learnt the buisness gimik side to rap and used it to make some absolute garbage tracks and sold millions.

Since when was rap about video games and absolutly wrecking the essence of our culture by selling out to the rich man who doesnt see the roots to rap,but see's the new found doller signs.

sorry sir,but your wrong.
Old 10-14-05, 05:07 PM   #7
ksr
Middle Weight

^^lol, i kno u were counterin wut i said, but i actually agree wit everything there
i dont respect 50 as a rapper, but i aint gonna hate on him because i respect him as a marketing genius
he knows wut he's doin, he probly cud start to make dope lyrical songs if that became mainstream
Old 10-14-05, 05:08 PM   #8
Blackmage
Is F'in Bored

Text Record: 8-12
Audio Record: 5-5
IP: 82AC 72AD

^listen to the man

Knowledge is Power, Stop being Weak

The Legend of Blackmage
Featuring such heads as...Tha Q, 9th degree, Enygma,The green team, Big J and probably you! SO DON'T SLEEP!

Coming soon to a soundclick near you...

........Shit.....Nigga.......
Old 10-14-05, 05:18 PM   #9
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

50's 1st album was nice in a completly honest and aggressive way. You can hear dude's passion and how he felt when he made it. Like in tracks called heat. But I don't respect him anymore music wise, but I do know why he's like this now. He don't have the mindset no more and he wanna rap how he feels, but he could at least stop being wack with his rhyme schemes and shit. Well em and fifty fell off. So I guess its up to me *puts on rapboy costume*
Old 10-14-05, 05:19 PM   #10
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Text Record: 43-20
IP: 3363 E6E4

I remeber making a thread like this before in the past...

I agree wit the 1st post
Send a message via AIM to noname   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 05:27 PM   #11
ksr
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Indeph-
50's 1st album was nice in a completly honest and aggressive way. You can hear dude's passion and how he felt when he made it. Like in tracks called heat. But I don't respect him anymore music wise, but I do know why he's like this now. He don't have the mindset no more and he wanna rap how he feels, but he could at least stop being wack with his rhyme schemes and shit. Well em and fifty fell off. So I guess its up to me *puts on rapboy costume*

yea, despite wutever 50's lackin lyrically, grodt is one of my favorite albums... its one of the albums that i can play every track straight through witout gettin sick of the style or just sick of the wack songs
dont like the massacre much tho... its decent, but there are a lot of wack songs on it
Old 10-14-05, 05:48 PM   #13
Conceptions
This is my first post!

Text Record: 7-2
IP: 57C2 F70D

Or In Other And Smaller Words

Fuck 50 .............His rymes are so repetitive and Unoriginal but he wants to stand out in the crowd so fuck him

Send a message via AIM to Conceptions Send a message via Yahoo to Conceptions   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 06:00 PM   #14
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Text Record: 43-20
IP: 3363 E6E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satans Spawn
Or In Other And Smaller Words

Fuck 50 .............His rymes are so repetitive and Unoriginal but he wants to stand out in the crowd so fuck him

yes...his lryics suck
But he doesn't make music for people to listen to lyrics or nutin....
If ya want complex lyrics...go listen to Rakim,Nas,or Talib.

But as for 50...
He makes the "blast in ya room/car" type 'a music...
Send a message via AIM to noname   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 06:57 PM   #15
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 577C 1E7C

anyone that agrees to give 50 respect cause of this thread....is a fuckin joke...

but hey.....i'd sell out too
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote