RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-05, 11:26 AM   #1
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
How long you been rapping and why'd you start...

IP: 0A00 A919

Not that I care that much... But hopefully someone will say something interesting and spark conversation....

I bet half the cats on these websites dont have a good reason why they started rappin other than "i seen 8 mile and thought I could rap"

But well see how it goes....
Old 11-15-05, 11:32 AM   #2
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

I'd got into poetry a few years before I started rapping...

I heard Biggie's "Ready 2 die" some years ago and that inspired me to start writing raps...I started on some Network54 boards droppin text. Then, I dropped my 1st audio back in 2001...I made one more song after that, but didn't seriously get into recording until 2003...I listened to some haters who said "You don't have the flow/rhyming/lyrics/voice/style for rap" and quit until basically last year. I came back on RV collabing with some cats and reached my stride in August of 2004. From then on, I decided to turn every weakness levied against me into a strength...They said I had no flow...Now, Will Appear and even IKE before he turned bitch says "You have one of the best flows on this site." They said I had no multis...Now, I use multis regularly in my flows...They said I have zero emotion...that's what Im working on now, along with elevatring my delivery.

I plan to keep rapping until I drop my Holy Graile, sorta like Jay had with Reasonable Doubt and Nas with "Illmatic"

Nuff said
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-05, 11:33 AM   #3
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: 950F 0FDD

since middle school I was into writing poetry, stories, songs and what-not...I just did everything on paper and nothing would be long enough for an actual complete song, but I always carried pen N paper with me so once I got an idea I could write it down...I haven't written a poem in probably over a year now, but if I found a topic to really dive into poetically I'd do it, but I think the last poem I wrote was like beyond anything I'd ever written before and I don't feel like I can surpass that so there's no reason to write any more than what I feel is the best I can get...why keep doing something that's gonna end up being worse than something you've already done in the past?...that's MY logic anyway...

so yeah, once I came back from the ARMY and wasn't doing anything I told myself before 2004 rolled around I'd start rapping and I was actually battling in text a bit and people were ho-showing me left and right so I figured I'd move beyond that and actually rap...I'd never written to a beat before September '04 and always thought it was such a foreign concept, but I first wrote to the "Lean Back" instrumental and followed the flow patterns on there to stay on beat with my writing...after that I just went from there...lucky for me I've always been a musician of some sort playing insutrments and what-not so I didn't suck at it completely like most do when they first start, my flow was always way better than people at my staGe in rapping...definetly if there's anything someone can say I "can't" do flow won't be listed as one...

but yeah, that's my song N dance I guess lol

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.

Last edited by L. Veracity : 11-15-05 at 11:36 AM.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-05, 11:33 AM   #4
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

I originally started when I was 11. We(chuck,the twins,raymond) was in one of the apartment buildings and we was lookin for change so we can buy some noodles. I found a quator under the steps and chuck said he was tired. WE sat there and one of the twins jacaury said "ya'll wanna freestyle". Now none of us ever rapped before, but EVERYBODY was rapping except me. They kept telling me "come on just mess around with it" and I was still sayin no. It was botherin me the whole day to the point where when I got home I wrote 4 pages front and back of raps. Now look at me.. I'm a fuckin genius burger.
Old 11-15-05, 11:35 AM   #5
*Nice*
Banned: Biting

Text Record: 0-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 22A7 431D

about 8 years and because i just picked up on it because most blacks are around rap so they pick it up like a trade
Old 11-15-05, 11:36 AM   #6
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 03B7 F63D

10 minutes 32, 33 34, 35 seconds *retires so he can finish this post*

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-05, 11:38 AM   #7
Macca
Back....

Text Record: 14-12
IP: A3FD 43A6

first I really got into poetry and read some of the most complex poems ever and I wanted to know so badly how they do it so I started writing myself. not only was it fun but it was educating. my mom was always proud of what I wrote. so I published a poem at age 8 and then started rapping at age eleven because my mom hated rap and I heard the first tupac song ever. so I anted to make my mom even more proud by making hjer like something with what i write.

there ya go. damn should have made it shorter. no ones gonna read. lazy fuck.
Old 11-15-05, 11:39 AM   #8
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

All threads about life stories fill up fast.
Old 11-15-05, 11:42 AM   #9
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: 950F 0FDD

people like talking about themselves, it's usually the easiest thing to talk about, especially a question like this hahaa...

for the record, I've red everyone's posts so far so don't say that people aren't willing to read...I went back and EDITed my post to include the 1st paragrah after reading some people's...hopefully everyone that posts in here will actually take the time to read what the people before them say

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-05, 11:45 AM   #10
Macca
Back....

shut up^^^^^^^
your not me. you know hy peole don't like to read.
Old 11-15-05, 11:48 AM   #11
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 03B7 F63D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca
shut up^^^^^^^
your not me. you know hy peole don't like to read.

shh...besides...you're jus a poet...i ain't heard nuthin by you...

but i started writing back in 99 but never took it seriously it's only been since Dec 03 that shit started moving for me motivation wise...but i got hot and cold at the moment i'm in a cold stage not a lot is coming my way...but i intend on dropping more regularly soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-05, 11:49 AM   #12
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 0A00 A919

Tru tru...

Personally, I was writing on a smaller scale back in 01 and 02.. But I didnt start actually rapping till late 04. I started rapping not for personal purposes, I rap because its my way of addressing issues and getting in the spotlight with the strength of new revolution for the 21st century. I plan on rising to the top of the rap industry in my country and driving it further than its ever been. I been through bad times in my life and I feel that through my experience I am able to teach people new ways of understanding life and the type of things it brings...

I write a large amount of rhymes every day and aspire to exceed the currant level of rappers that are considered the best in the world.. Whether I make it or not is irrelevant. If it aint rapping I'll get my message out through movies, books or philosophy...

Or a mixture of all.. Even after only rapping for the reletivly short amount of time I been rapping... My elevation happened a lot faster than ya regular cats, its cause I dont fuck around with shitty raps and I learned the art of how to properly write rhymes from studying the best in the game early on......
Old 11-15-05, 11:51 AM   #13
Lyriclesolja
I Create Dope Poetry For The Thinkers Of Tomarrow....I Am Lyriclesolja

IP: 8D90 9AAC

i have made my life circle around poetry and rapping i used to freestyle battle a hell of alot for about 2 years then i gave up cause people dont look to the lyrics anymore and it sucks.....so i started writing and i havent stoped since, i find it to be something to release my anger/positivity/ and every thing els

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Lyricalsolja you illy on the sickness tip.
Send a message via AIM to Lyriclesolja Send a message via MSN to Lyriclesolja   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-05, 11:52 AM   #14
Macca
Back....

heh looks like mad dog didn't get my post. lol....
Old 11-15-05, 11:52 AM   #15
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Text Record: 44-19
Audio Record: 6-1
IP: C3CE 96D1

Well I started out a poet in elementary an somewhat in junior...won a bunch of poetry awards...going to banquets an shit for schoolbound poets....then round 6th grade...my cousin took me 4 blocks over from my house to see these niggas in they 30's freestyle battles...they was real experienced...an it fucking amazed me how they could rhyme for 5 mins strait off the dome....then I went to junior high an katz would freestyle in lunch..in the back of every class....afterschool....I wanted to be accepted in they crew so I started turning my poems into rhymes an freestyling in my bedroom everyday(incredibly wack back then)....by the end of school year I finally free'd in front of them....I was the weakest in the crew but I spit everyday wit them over summer an thru 8th grade...by highschool I had gotten pretty nice to say the least...then I started battling in highschool in the lunchroom an got my ass handed to me bad early on....but by the end of the year I could hold my own over that summer I went back to that block where them older dudes would battle an spit wit them...an got demolished...but they respected my fearlessness an taught me alot of shit...came back tenth grade an owned the whole school...started branching out all over queens jamaica ave colliseum...york college, south jamaica houses, far rock...YMCA on parsons...at the barber shop for free cuts...then brooklyn an long island....but to cut this short lmao....rap is my life.....from the first day I got the OH!!! of a crowd wit a ill punch I was hooked...this is all I wanna do wit my life....an aint nobody stoppin me from eatin in this game..........1
So, when you consumed with his...don't get mad when everyone else is
Send a message via AIM to Triple_N   Reply With Quote