RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-06, 02:38 PM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

It's official: No more "sinful" tracks from me

IP: 1ADC A69C

I've been going through a metamorphosis lately. Much of this I have God to thank for. And, I'd like to publicly declare my faith in Jesus Christ. I believe that God died for my sins and that I am saved through His grace. No man can judge me and there is no condemnation to me now that my heart and soul belong to Christ. This isn't a new thing or a "jail house" conversion as some of you may be thinking. I've always held to a conviction that God was on my side and loved me. I just detoured and entered into this back slidden state. I was recently baptized and joined a new church at the end of 2005. I can now say that I'm on the right road to becomming the man of God that He's pre-ordained me to be.

I won't be making any more "gangster" themed songs or "club" themed songs as long as I can help it. I feel a conviction in my spirit that that's wrong on my part. From now on, all of my songs will be gospel themed, life themed, or philosophically/politically themed. No one is perfect and we are all sinners. And, I struggle with trying to do right like the next man. The difference is, I confess my weaknesses to God and trust in Him to forgive me and lead me along the right path.

I'm not a "Christian" rapper. But, I am no longer a rapper who you'll be hearing "damaging" tracks from.

P.S....To those who will take a stance and say that I don't have a "right" to represent God because of my struggles with my issues (sexuality), to you I say, "judge not lest ye be judged." No one in this world doesn't struggle with SOMETHING God deems a sin. The bible condemns pride and fornication as much as the sexual sin I wrestle with. So, let's focus on what's important here, acknowledging Jesus as Lord of all and accepting Him as your savior.

That's all people.

Last edited by Tha Q. : 01-15-06 at 02:43 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 02:39 PM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Dn't get me wrong Q, I'm proud of you, but damn you like the 8th rv nigga to find god. It's like a fad now.
Old 01-15-06, 02:45 PM   #3
ksr
Middle Weight

Graphics Record: 11-4
IP: 49FB B804

dont be another good rapper lost to that type of idealism
go head n make religious tracks, but keep doin wut u've been doin before
kanye west spread his message with 'jesus walks', but name a christian rapper that's even close to being popular or heard.... if u go religious, the only people who will listen to the messages that ur puttin out will already agree with them
Old 01-15-06, 02:48 PM   #4
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
IP: CA77 481D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Dn't get me wrong Q, I'm proud of you, but damn you like the 8th rv nigga to find god. It's like a fad now.

CO-SIGN.............................................. ..

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 01-15-06, 03:02 PM   #5
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: EF80 099D

That's good to hear Q.......I am also saved. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior back in the summer of 2003. I haven't been as sinless as I would have hoped to have been, but I'm trying a different way to getting the message spread. I want to show people that you can lead a normal life and still go to heaven......you just have to live your life for Jesus Christ
Old 01-15-06, 03:05 PM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive
dont be another good rapper lost to that type of idealism
go head n make religious tracks, but keep doin wut u've been doin before
kanye west spread his message with 'jesus walks', but name a christian rapper that's even close to being popular or heard.... if u go religious, the only people who will listen to the messages that ur puttin out will already agree with them

Don't get me wrong, I plan to make tracks relevant to life because I'm also a realist. I said I will be making NO more "gangster" or "club" songs.

And Enygma...good goin bro

Stay in that word man...the only way to equip yourself to deal with the ideologies that make it hard to lead a sin-free life--or a less sinful one.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 05:23 PM   #7
Magic5

IP: 6EB9 28C9

Way to throw "Five Source Entertainment" out of the window. That shit had an extremely minimal chance to become known, but now it's pretty much at 0. Good decision making.
Old 01-15-06, 05:31 PM   #8
villagepimp
Geaux Fuck Yourself

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5C21 D95C

Congrats Q, I'm glad to hear it.

Some people don't recognize exactly what you are talking about here, because they have never been brought to the light, or choose to not accept the fact that there is a God.

However, some of us are not smart enough to follow the path less followed, so thus, I'm still looking at eternal damnation. Damn. That sucks.

King of Missouri

I Fucked Mack's Mom. And I Liked It.

-[p-S-a]-
2003-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
^dude it's poetic, what did you expect? He believed his ex still loved him after cheating on him with 9 guys and 1 girl.

Send a message via AIM to villagepimp Send a message via MSN to villagepimp Send a message via Yahoo to villagepimp   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 05:46 PM   #9
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 99DA B879

I dont support it.
I doubt if the Lord would like to be represented by a flaming homosexual.
but, I dont know.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 05:48 PM   #10
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
IP: AF88 6884

hey Q, you wanna battle? ~_~

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 05:49 PM   #11
NeFisTo
iLL-Literate

Text Record: 4-1
IP: E554 4D92

Will is right...its a sin to be with the same sex.

I Dare You To Find Someone Better

Send a message via AIM to NeFisTo   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 05:52 PM   #12
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeFisTo
Will is right...its a sin to be with the same sex.

lol
duh, man.
Tha Q is just runnin in place

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Old 01-15-06, 05:54 PM   #13
villagepimp
Geaux Fuck Yourself

Back off the man... he's made a choice to try to better his life for the Lord.

So, let him do that.

King of Missouri

-[p-S-a]-
2003-2009

Quote:
^dude it's poetic, what did you expect? He believed his ex still loved him after cheating on him with 9 guys and 1 girl.

Send a message via AIM to villagepimp Send a message via MSN to villagepimp Send a message via Yahoo to villagepimp   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 05:58 PM   #14
Zone Out
Power Hungry

the best way to better your life if you're a homosexual male is to become heterosexual male.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Old 01-15-06, 06:00 PM   #15
villagepimp
Geaux Fuck Yourself

If that is in God's plan for him, then that is what will happen.

King of Missouri

-[p-S-a]-
2003-2009

Quote: