RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-06, 11:19 PM   #1
Magic5

Stem Cell Research

IP: E174 C2D5

What are your thoughts on it? I'll post up my beliefs at a later date, I just want to see what everybody else thinks.
Old 01-16-06, 11:50 PM   #2
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

IP: B883 0CC4

I dont have a problem with it, cuz they use aborted fetuses yes? And plus, it goes to disease cures, etc.

Merciless Cult.
Send a message via AIM to Incineratedrose   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 10:32 PM   #3
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2BF7 6B2E

Well are you talking about stem cells in fetus' or the stem cells that are found in colonies in all human beings?

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 01-17-06, 10:35 PM   #4
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

In aborted fetus's. And stuff.

Merciless Cult.
Old 01-17-06, 10:50 PM   #5
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Well then...

It's fucking stupid because there are colonies of stem cells in all human beings found somewhere in your gut (about 1 million) and somewhere in the back of your neck, although they haven't found the exact spot where they are located in the neck, it's still even more rich in cells then the colony in your gut. People just wanna talk about the stem cells in fetuses to raise controversy and awareness about abortion.

Word.

Track of the week:

Old 01-17-06, 10:52 PM   #6
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

Hmm, cant say that i knew that. theres gotta be some relevance and importance of the ones in aborted fetuses, i have a hard time believing thats the only reason they talk about them.

Merciless Cult.
Old 01-17-06, 11:13 PM   #7
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: 3974 44EB

stem cell research is completely different with aborted fetuses, when a child is born, theres only like a 2% difference in dna(thats not exact, but close), so stem research with aborted fetuses can also help in the study of communicable diseases, the question of whats moral and whats not comes in when the idea of people selling there unborn child for the sake of research...thats the only problem people generally face with this issue....

personally this is what i think, i think abortion is wrong, but should be legal..because i believe in choice, it's what our country was supposed to be built on, anyways, i think stem cell research with aborted babies is fine, as long as theres no business. If science wants to take an aborted child, that would have been aborted without stem cell research in mind, i don't see a problem..however, it would be hard to impossible to regulate peoples intentions when getting an abortion, and being how is the government has ultimate power, theres no way we could be sure it was being regulated, regardless of what we were told.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 11:15 PM   #8
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Well, the doctors were basically thinking they should use the fetuses for something uselful, and they went with stem cells. Most of the science world knows about stem cells can be found elsewhere but it's being blown out of proportion because abortion is such a touchy subject.

Catch my drift?

Track of the week:

Old 01-17-06, 11:56 PM   #9
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

IP: 1D60 6506

yeah i feel you, and i agree too

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 05:51 AM   #10
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: AC8C 4666

Stem Cells are probably the answer to a lot of diseases that degenerate the body i.e huntingtons, parkinsons because they have the ability to form into anything the body requires...i personally can't believe that religious groups are in upheave about this and the government is listening to them...it's fuckin stupid imo

stem cell research needs more investment into it...

if people choose to have an abortion...then why can't the fetus be used in stem cell research?...i do in a way sympathise and understand why people are angry about unborn children being used...but at the end of the day, they aren't feeling anything and potentially they are being used for the greater good of science...

that's jus my opinion i think stem cell research should be looked in to more

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 05:54 AM   #11
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

IP: 3974 44EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
Stem Cells are probably the answer to a lot of diseases that degenerate the body i.e huntingtons, parkinsons because they have the ability to form into anything the body requires...i personally can't believe that religious groups are in upheave about this and the government is listening to them...it's fuckin stupid imo

stem cell research needs more investment into it...

if people choose to have an abortion...then why can't the fetus be used in stem cell research?...i do in a way sympathise and understand why people are angry about unborn children being used...but at the end of the day, they aren't feeling anything and potentially they are being used for the greater good of science...

that's jus my opinion i think stem cell research should be looked in to more

i think 99% of the world agrees with you on this..and so do I...

the question of morality comes in...when people could donate there unborn child to science, or sell it to science..thats when it's not "moral"

Old 01-18-06, 06:58 AM   #12
Mad Dog
...Belong...

IP: AC8C 4666

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Vision
i think 99% of the world agrees with you on this..and so do I...

the question of morality comes in...when people could donate there unborn child to science, or sell it to science..thats when it's not "moral"

this is my opinion

donating fetuses should be like a donor card...all you gotta do is tick a box...selling a fetus is wrong but it's only happening because activist groups disaprove of stem cell research altogether...forcing people to do this

i don't see why because a small (well large scale but not a majority) amount of people who kick up a fuss about stem cell research result in it being restricted the way it's being now...hence the rest of the world suffering...

i mean think about it you got a family member who's dying of huntingtons...wouldn't YOU want stem cell research to be enhanced so that scientists can develop their research to create NEW brain & muscle cells for these patients so they'll never have to worry about becoming vegetibles?

Quote:

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 04:50 PM   #13
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: B980 5CFC

if u talking about aborted babys bein researched then i say only if the baby wasnt gonna live or be in good condition in the 1st place if u just take a perfect baby that coulda been a perfect human being then i say fuck no thats majorly wrong...and my thoughts on abortion is that it should only be legal if its gonna be deformed and suffer through life or if the babys a rape baby but yet again who the hell can really tell if its a rape baby or if its just something the girl said ta get it aborted...
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 06:04 PM   #14
Magic5

IP: 2361 1E5E

I think a lot of the controversy with stem cell research comes from people thinking that if it's regulated, people will use it as a cop out and say that they want to abort their baby for the greater good of science.. when they may just flat out not want to take care of the kid.
Old 01-19-06, 06:43 AM   #15
Mad Dog
...Belong...

IP: A9CE 4B25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
I think a lot of the controversy with stem cell research comes from people thinking that if it's regulated, people will use it as a cop out and say that they want to abort their baby for the greater good of science.. when they may just flat out not want to take care of the kid.

thats true...an actual good point

but also...personally coz i have a kid...i don't object to abortion coz it is a persons choice but i do frown upon it seeing as there is another A word that results in a parent not having to look after a child...

Adoption...coz at least later in llife you might get a 2nd chance with abortion you don't...

Quote:

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:

R.I.P OMB