RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-06, 05:16 PM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
Hmm don't know if this is discussion worthy, but..

IP: 28AD 5545

I believe that suffering is a neccecity in life. I read this book in the library at my school and it said, "you're master of your emotions, you decide what reaction becomes of any event". So of course I did it and no matter what I thought about I couldn't get any emotion. Due to the fact that my emotions became some sort of toggle switch, I felt empty. It just didnt feel good anymore. My spirits lifted to the point where it felt like I was being strangled. My breaths were so close apart. It's kinda returning now that I'm typing it, but it sort of raised a question in my mind. I believe happiness is most achieved through pursuit and desire. If we never suffered then we couldn't feel happy. =/ the end?
Old 01-10-06, 07:47 PM   #2
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 30EB 5A52

word true shit son

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 10:53 PM   #3
Indeph
Not_Indeph

IP: 0825 899A

That's what makes me think that happiness isn't really a pure feeling. Its a relief from suffering. Suffering is probably the only real feeling sadly
Old 01-11-06, 01:08 AM   #4
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

Nah pure happiness/content exists.

Think about this. Suffering is caused by wants and desires right? Fulfil those wants and desires and you aquire happiness for a short period of time.

What if you didnt want anything? If you are completely content and have no desires, you can be happy always because you're desires are always fulfilled.

But its hard to get to that state.. many people spend their lives striving for that kind of happiness. Some reach their goal, others don't. Because think about how much suffering is caused when you want to have no wants... thats the tricky part.
Old 01-11-06, 04:22 AM   #5
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

wow @ a 50 line actually being relevant to this

"sunny days wouldnt be special if it wasnt for rain
joy wouldnt feel so good if it wasnt for pain"

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 01-11-06, 05:59 PM   #6
sabre
tooth tiger

Text Record: 3-0
IP: 9E2F CDE8

i believe suffering only really exists because you want it to, because we tend to neglect the positive sides of things more often than accept the fact that we can't always have what we want. many people search for happiness, and items or desires that they think may create happiness for them...but really, happniness it what you want it to be, you create your own feelings....then why create suffering? i don't believe its a true feeling mainly people take in other problems separate from their own lives....feelings are suppose to be felt, not really thought about; if you think too much, most likely you wont be happy, because thought is uncertainty, and whats uncertain, leads to fear....so, in conclusion, don't think you're happy, be happy...hell, i have very little going for in my life, or ever did, but i make what i can, and as a result, i am extremely happy with my life so far

cause thats how e-style does it, we got power and skill
you vultures don't realize you feeding off our fuckin' kill
Old 01-11-06, 06:29 PM   #7
Indeph
Not_Indeph

IP: 28AD 5545

Then that goes along the lines of "ignorance is bliss". But instead of frustration towards confusion, why can't we praise the goal of total wisdom? We're constantly ignoring the questions of life we're not familiar with. We'll get alot more done and alot more of life's so called enigmas'll be solved if we do. We need to free ourselves of all this fear and mainstream restriction and start creating our own theories of everything. Honestly, I believe other people's oppinions are irrelevant to life. I believe its comfort in your own self. To me, any question in the world can be answered. I just think we're going through the thought process all wrong with some of the questions. Maybe some questions, like how the "chicken or the egg" question could be answered with opening our minds a bit. Happiness fades off and doing so you're slightly unhappy due to it fading, but spiritual peace is eternal if your mind is in the right place. And peace is obtained if you feel fufilled. We're always admiring god instead of trying to achieve his level of wisdom. Would you rather look upon the man on the mountain or climb up there and see for yourself?

Peace> happiness
Old 01-16-06, 12:42 PM   #8
distilled
hullabaloser

Text Record: 5-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 33F5 1CD5

You have to feel sad to feel happy, if thats what your saying.

It's like, someone whos not eaten for a week is gonna enjoy a meal a lot more than the next guy.

.The Council
Send a message via AIM to distilled Send a message via MSN to distilled Send a message via Yahoo to distilled   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-06, 12:08 AM   #9
The-King
New to RV

Text Record: 1-0
IP: F154 0779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Carolina
wow @ a 50 line actually being relevant to this

"sunny days wouldnt be special if it wasnt for rain
joy wouldnt feel so good if it wasnt for pain"

yeh 50 use to be ill back then, and use to say shit that made sense
Old 02-15-06, 12:36 AM   #10
SerB
....S.....

IP: 329A 17E6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
I believe that suffering is a neccecity in life. I read this book in the library at my school and it said, "you're master of your emotions, you decide what reaction becomes of any event". So of course I did it and no matter what I thought about I couldn't get any emotion. Due to the fact that my emotions became some sort of toggle switch, I felt empty. It just didnt feel good anymore. My spirits lifted to the point where it felt like I was being strangled. My breaths were so close apart. It's kinda returning now that I'm typing it, but it sort of raised a question in my mind. I believe happiness is most achieved through pursuit and desire. If we never suffered then we couldn't feel happy. =/ the end?

wow. for some reason when i read that i felt what you where talking about.

the shit happens to me all the time.