RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-06, 07:18 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Low Self Esteem

IP: 64CA 6C26

Wow...

I've always been into psychology, having taken 3-4 psych. classes in college. And, what amazes me is how people behave and react when they have low self-esteem. I find it interesting that so many people display behavior that's balatantly caused by low self esteem. For example: My family's gatherings are always sketchy because of how everyone seems to treat everyone. One person in particular, my aunt Pat, always seems to have something negative to say about people. But, when I sat back and thought about it, I realized that she feels so bad about her self that she talks about other people to feel better. I see so much of this on RV and other web sites as well. It's chalk full of kids who feel bad about themselves (body, appearance, intellect, economic status) that they feel the need to criticize and put down other people.

Example: I've sat back and watched Will Sun, Young Law, Too E Zee, and others put each other down about who is better looking, etc. Now, if you think about it, all three of them have insecurities about their looks. What they and everyone else needs to realize is this: degrading someone else doesn't boost you up in the least.

STOP people.

Here's what I suggest. Focus on your positive attributes. Every negative attribute has a positive counter-attribute that outweighs it.

Example: If you are someone who is impatient and tempermental, stop focusing on the negative. I guarantee you that you are punctual and diligent in your work. Those are your strong points.

Accentuate the positive.

Love the Lord.

Love yourself.

Take care of your body. It's a temple.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-06, 08:40 AM   #2
G Deuce
Artist, that simple

Text Record: 13-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 317F 66B6

Yea, low self-esteem can effect almost anyone, sometimes more than others. Usually it is caused by past situations that has caused a person to feel insecure about the way they look. I've been surprised to find that even those who have a good lifestyle also have few insecures, but they are minor at times. Like for instance, i have an insecurity on some of my assignments that i put a lot of work into.
Old 02-15-06, 08:49 AM   #3
Tha Q.
OYD

*Waits for NOS to come in and tell me I'm trying to sound "more intelligent than everyone esle"*

pssf

But yea...I feel you Deuce...It's just amazing how obvious it is to me now when people are insecure. I laugh at it cuz there was a time when I used to care about small things like my looks, etc. Now, I take care of myself FOR myself and God. It doesn't matter what anyone else says.
Old 02-15-06, 08:50 AM   #4
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by G:Deuce
Yea, low self-esteem can effect almost anyone, sometimes more than others. Usually it is caused by past situations that has caused a person to feel insecure about the way they look. I've been surprised to find that even those who have a good lifestyle also have few insecures, but they are minor at times. Like for instance, i have an insecurity on some of my assignments that i put a lot of work into.

Aiyo...can you explain to me what your avy means?
Old 02-15-06, 08:54 AM   #5
Young_law
This Is My City

IP: 7A52 73B1

lol i dont have low self esteem, i just talked about them, cuz they sed some shyt about me first, but i c where u comin from tho
Old 02-15-06, 08:55 AM   #6
G Deuce
Artist, that simple

What you mean, "Death is Religious?"
Old 02-15-06, 09:03 AM   #8
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP: FBBB E9EF

Low self esteem does not necessarily show in bringing others down. You can just have a fucked up personality as well *shrug*

What is tricky about low self esteem is how it affects your own life, not so much that of others. Because some lock themselves up inside this bubble they created so as not to be hurt again. And if they dare to come outside that bubble, even a minor bad thing can cause them to crawl back into that bubble. In love for example. If you have been cheated on (one or several times), it will be harder for you to trust the next person you might develop feelings for. This can show in obsessive and jealous behavior, mood swings, a lack of trust and so on. Then if that person leaves you (because of the way you act), you get another blow because then you think: see...he/she left me as well...

It's difficult to get out of that way of thinking in fact and can result in several, unhealthy types of behavior (including putting others down before they do it to you...).

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-06, 09:03 AM   #9
G Deuce
Artist, that simple

Ahhhhhh, a woman's persepctive.
Old 02-15-06, 09:12 AM   #10
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
What you mean, "Death is Religious?"

yea

that
Old 02-15-06, 09:18 AM   #11
G Deuce
Artist, that simple

Well, i got it from when God smite the firstborn of the Egyptions During the days of Moses. Also, you can say that the main idea of what the New Testment incorporates is surrounded by the idea of what is after death.
Old 02-15-06, 09:20 AM   #12
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Well, i got it from when God smite the firstborn of the Egyptions During the days of Moses. Also, you can say that the main idea of what the New Testment incorporates is surrounded by the idea of what is after death.

aiight

thx
Old 02-15-06, 09:25 AM   #13
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 9981 193F

Nah, when you focus on your positive, people bring up your negative. I focus on my negative so I can improve myself. I see what you mean by shit you can never change. Confidense changes other ppls veiw of you also.
Old 02-15-06, 09:28 AM   #14
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Nah, when you focus on your positive, people bring up your negative. I focus on my negative so I can improve myself. I see what you mean by shit you can never change. Confidense changes other ppls veiw of you also.

I meant don't dwell on the negative. People with low self esteem beat themselves up over things. So, focusing on what they're actually good at can counter those negative voices. I'm just concerned about this topic because I believe most conflict stems from esteem issues.
Old 02-16-06, 07:17 AM   #15
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

Yeah I get what you mean...

Im too tired to say anything more in this post though.