RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-06, 08:56 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Fasting Pt. 2

IP: 64CA 6C26

I made a thread a couple months ago about fasting. People fast for all sorts of reasons. Biblically speaking, a Christian would fast to break certain patterns or achieve certain levels spiritually/mentally. Jesus said, "Some things only come [as a result of] fasting and praying." Therefore, I plan to engage in my 2nd fast of this year. I plan to do a partial fast where I go until sundown, eat once, then repeat the process. I feel myself slipping back into obselete ways of thinking/behaving. Fasting is my way of amplifying my spiritual senses and decreasing my physical indulgences. In all, I'll eat only 4 times in 5 days. By comparison, I'd normally eat 25-30 times in 5 days.

I would recommend fasting to anyone who wants to cleanse the body, mind, and spirit.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 08:59 AM   #2
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: AC2A 692A

Personally i dont agree and would never do it, although i understand it could make you concentrate mor on your beliefs which is what you want.

Good luck with it. I couldnt do it.
Old 03-06-06, 12:02 PM   #3
mind_immortal
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: C527 8B3F

its just a matter of self control...and also when the body is deprived from something for a certain amount of time .... like food or sleep ... the mind goes into survival mode and often an eppihany can be found ...through clarity of thought or hallucination...

Ripperz -And- WriterZ

Old 03-06-06, 12:30 PM   #4
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 38E0 678A

I'm not trying to be cute, but if you're gunna be trying to increase your spirituality by fasting, don't come on RV. RV and increasing spirituality are like....polar opposites.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 03-06-06, 12:31 PM   #5
Tha Q.
OYD

^^^absolutely...I also believe that if a man can control two things, his appetite and sex drive, he can control almost every area of his life.

Old 03-06-06, 03:41 PM   #6
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: 89CF 84F8

mmmm....anorexia

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 04:09 PM   #7
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates
I'm not trying to be cute, but if you're gunna be trying to increase your spirituality by fasting, don't come on RV. RV and increasing spirituality are like....polar opposites.

lol...I feel you there. But, RV isn't kryptonite to me. RV is merely a symptom, like a genital wart. lol

I feel you though.
Old 03-06-06, 04:10 PM   #8
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Dro
mmmm....anorexia

mmmmm...ignorance.

PS. Skippin a few meals might not be a bad idea for you.

Old 03-06-06, 05:45 PM   #9
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: A03F 0058

i wasnt talking about you...im just sayin...i have anorexia...i havent eaten in a week and a half

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 07:46 PM   #10
Dark Eclipse
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 0825 899A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
^^^absolutely...I also believe that if a man can control two things, his appetite and sex drive, he can control almost every area of his life.

I couldn't agree more with that statement. food 'n' sex is worse than crack.
Old 03-07-06, 10:40 PM   #11
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: 676B 9D48

this is a true story right here, a speaker came and talked to my journalism class, and he told us a story of how he had something wrong with a blood vessel in his spine or something like that...and he ended up losing all sensation and movement from the waist down....he wanted to have children and the doctors said he had a 1/100 chance of it...he than got an oppurtunity to travel the world and look into alternative medicine..and in India, they had him do a thing sort of like Lent...where for 30 days...and 30 nights...he could do nothing...he sat in a chair, couldn't bathe, couldn't shave, couldn't read, listen to music, write, and he only ate a small meal for breakfast, and drank an herbal tea at night..they would also come in and rub certain oils on him..when he came back to the states...he all of a sudden had a 1/2.5 chance at producing offspring....not to mention..they had NEVER seen anything like this...if anyone wants to look this story up...let me know..i'll get the dudes name from my Journalism proffesor

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 03:52 AM   #12
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

You could also eat vegan for a few weeks or a month or whatever. It would only improve your health and wellbeing, since half the shit you probably eat is processed bullshit.