RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-06, 07:00 PM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Thumbs up My Review of "United 93"

IP: 64CA 6C26

Let me cut to the chase. This is a fantastic movie, hands down. I give it 4 out of 4 stars. For all the talk of whether or not it's "too soon" for this film, it delivers more than expected.

This movie recounts the doomed flight United 93 that was supposed to hit the U.S. Capital on 9/11. It takes place in real time from the boarding, until its eventual crash in a field in Pennsylvania.

The fact that I and everyone knows what happened before the people in the movie creates a sense of never-ending dread. This intensity is magnified by the fact that many of the Air Traffic Controllers played themselves in this movie. In one scene, the Head of Air Traffic at one control center reacts to the first plane crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center. "Oh my God, do you see that!" <----------That sent chills down my spine because this was no doubt the exact same thing he said in real life when it happened at that exact sequence in time.

The writers/directors do not provide any breaks from the intense drama and action surrounding these events. One aspect of this movie, and ultimately the real life heroes, I admired was how the Air Traffic controllers took charge of a chaotic situation and made decisions even when they couldn't seem to get a hold of President Bush. There's one scene after the 2nd plane hit the 2nd WTC when F16 jets are dispatched, but mysteriously unarmed. Military command for the upper Northeast couldn't seem to get their acts together to get authorization from Vice President Cheney or President Bush to engage the hijacked planes. And, we all know what happened.

By the time the 3rd plane hit the Pentagon near Washington, D.C., the passengers on flight United 93 began to get word from relatives they called that 2 planes had already hit the WTC. It's at this time they realize they are not going to survive the flight and plot to regain control of the airplane. As we already know, they did regain control of the plane, but was unsuccessful in saving the craft from its suicidal mission. United 93 was intended to crash into the Capitol Building here in Washington. I and everyone in the D.C. area have those heroes to thank.

This movie was amazing in it's simplicity, yet powerful in it's delivery. There were no famous actors in it. And, many of the parts were played by the actual people who had to make life and death decisions on that fateful day. I found myself tearing up in more than a few spots because, as I stated earlier, I had knowledge of what would happen while the passengers and even Air Traffic Control were oblivious. It made my heart feel like it was going to pound out of my chest.

United 93 is a must see movie. The film makers did a great job of telling the story of unlikely heroes without exploiting the terrible events of that day. So many memories flooded my mind while watching this movie. I remember the exact spot I stood when a co-worker broke the news to us that day. Seeing "United 93" reminded me that we've come a long way from 2001, but have a long way to go.

Is it worth a look? YES
Stars: 4 Stars

Last edited by Tha Q. : 04-28-06 at 07:04 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 07:01 PM   #2
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Text Record: 12-5
IP: BF7D 522F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
Let me cut to the chase. This is a fantastic movie, hands down. I give it 4 our of 4 stars. For all the talk of whether or not it's "too soon" for this film, it delivers more than expected.

This movie recounts the doomed flight United 93 that was supposed to hit the U.S. Capital on 9/11. It takes place in real time from the boarding, until its eventual crash in a field in Pennsylvania.

The fact that I and everyone knows what happened before the people in the movie creates a sense of never-ending dread. This intensity is magnified by the fact that many of the Air Traffic Controllers played themselves in this movie. In one scene, the Head of Air Traffic at one control center reacts to the first plane crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center. "Oh my God, do you see that!" <----------That sent chills down my spine because this was no doubt the exact same thing he said in real life when it happened at that exact sequence in time.

The writers/directors do not provide any breaks from the intense drama and action surrounding these events. One aspect of this movie, and ultimately the real life heroes, I admired was how the Air Traffic controllers took charge of a chaotic situation and made decisions even when they couldn't seem to get a hold of President Bush. There's one scene after the 2nd plane hit the 2nd WTC when F16 jets are dispatched, but mysteriously unarmed. Military command for the upper Northeast couldn't seem to get their acts together to get authorization from Vice President Cheney or President Bush to engage the hijacked planes. And, we all know what happened.

By the time the 3rd plane hit the Pentagon near Washington, D.C., the passengers on flight United 93 began to get word from relatives they called that 2 planes had already hit the WTC. It's at this time they realize they are not going to survive the flight and plot to regain control of the airplane. As we already know, they did regain control of the plane, but was unsuccessful in saving the craft from its suicidal mission. United 93 was intended to crash into the Capitol Building here in Washington. I and everyone in the D.C. area have those heroes to thank.

This movie was amazing in it's simplicity, yet powerful in it's delivery. There were no famous actors in it. And, many of the parts were played by the actual people who had to make life and death decisions on that fateful day. I found myself tearing up in more than a few spots because, as I stated earlier, I had knowledge of what would happen while the passengers and even Air Traffic Control were oblivious. It made my heart feel like it was going to pound out of my chest.

United 93 is a must see movie. The film makers did a great job of telling the story of unlikely heroes without exploiting the terrible events of that day. So many memories flooded my mind while watching this movie. I remember the exact spot I stood when a co-worker broke the news to us that day. Seeing "United 93" reminded me that we've come a long way from 2001, but have a long way to go.

Is it worth a look? YES
Stars: 4 Stars

k this is a retarded question but did 93 hit wtc or no?
Old 04-28-06, 07:02 PM   #3
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings
k this is a retarded question but did 93 hit wtc or no?

Read the review.

Old 04-28-06, 07:04 PM   #4
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Quote:
Read the review.

they should of made the movie of it hittin wtc.

more action on plane to see and for audience but w/e good movie still.
Old 04-28-06, 07:05 PM   #6
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Rey
Ima watch it saturday night..............

im watchin silent hill tonight.
Old 04-28-06, 07:05 PM   #7
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
they should of made the movie of it hittin wtc.

more action on plane to see and for audience but w/e good movie still.

I'm sure someone will make a movie like that. But, this one isn't it. And, this movie has plenty of "action", even though that's not the focal point of the film.

Old 04-28-06, 07:06 PM   #8
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Quote:
I'm sure someone will make a movie like that. But, this one isn't it. And, this movie has plenty of "action", even though that's not the focal point of the film.

ok pm me with one of the "action" parts.
Old 04-28-06, 07:07 PM   #9
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
ok pm me with one of the "action" parts.

How about you spend your 8 bucks like I did.

Thank you.
Old 04-28-06, 07:08 PM   #10
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Quote:
How about you spend your 8 bucks like I did.

Thank you.

im spendin my 8$ on silent hill tho Q.
Old 04-28-06, 07:54 PM   #11
a k w o r d Z
New Jack

IP: C340 F2FA

i dont see the point of seein this movie... we all know what happened. why's the movie studio trying to make money off peoples deaths?

Get Off The Bandwagon.
Send a message via AIM to a k w o r d Z   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 07:58 PM   #12
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by a k w o r d Z
i dont see the point of seein this movie... we all know what happened. why's the movie studio trying to make money off peoples deaths?

Well, a lot of people have that point of view. One thing though...many of the family members of the victims helped to make this movie. They see it as a fitting homage to their heroic act. I agree. Not to mention that this movie is tastefully done, considering the subject matter. America NEEDS to see this IMO.

Old 04-28-06, 08:15 PM   #13
villagepimp
Geaux Fuck Yourself

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5C21 D95C

Good review Q.

Imma go see it now, I was kinda wondering whether or not to do so..

figure it'll kill time on my Wednesday afternoon.

King of Missouri

I Fucked Mack's Mom. And I Liked It.

-[p-S-a]-
2003-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
^dude it's poetic, what did you expect? He believed his ex still loved him after cheating on him with 9 guys and 1 girl.

Send a message via AIM to villagepimp Send a message via MSN to villagepimp Send a message via Yahoo to villagepimp   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 08:19 PM   #14
a k w o r d Z
New Jack

IP: C340 F2FA

Quote:
Well, a lot of people have that point of view. One thing though...many of the family members of the victims helped to make this movie. They see it as a fitting homage to their heroic act. I agree. Not to mention that this movie is tastefully done, considering the subject matter. America NEEDS to see this IMO.

just because family members of the victims were involved doesnt make it any less of someones money hungry scheme.... the familys got paid for the movie too. you cant go a day on US television without hearing something about 9/11, i think that's homage enough- and it's on free TV. to me at least, this just seems like somebodys trying to make a payday out of 9/11, as if it hasnt been done enough.

Get Off The Bandwagon.
Send a message via AIM to a k w o r d Z   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 08:41 PM   #15
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by a k w o r d Z
just because family members of the victims were involved doesnt make it any less of someones money hungry scheme.... the familys got paid for the movie too. you cant go a day on US television without hearing something about 9/11, i think that's homage enough- and it's on free TV. to me at least, this just seems like somebodys trying to make a payday out of 9/11, as if it hasnt been done enough.

To each his own...

It was a great movie though.