RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-06, 05:47 PM   #1
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Can someone please explain to me why healthy foods cost more.

IP: 40C2 F668

I've been noticing that healthy and/or organic foods cost more than the regular foods. Why is this? I mean, if they want us to eat healthily, then why not make the so-called healthy foods cheaper? I went to buy some peanut butter and jelly from The Giant and saw reduced sugar Smuckers jelly. I then quickly noted that it was a buck more than the regular strawberry jelly! WHY?

It's a conspiracy!

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-06, 06:14 PM   #2
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 657C 7A0F

its cheaper to make mass amounts of manufactured foods rather than healthy unmanufactured foods.... but werd, i wish it was the other way around to. but aint no way a company ganna lose money just so they can keep people from having health problems

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-06, 06:30 PM   #3
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

^^^Honestly, they're claiming it costs more money to reduce the sugar in jelly

I don't believe it.
Old 10-15-06, 06:33 PM   #4
C.March
-Certified Dope-

Text Record: 26-3
IP: DCEA 05ED

it costs more money period..... you may not believe the fractional amount of money that they would save off of NOT reducing the sugar from the jelly, due to the actual machinery and the set up needed to produce the reduced sugar jelly, it would cost more overall in production, considering people will still want regular sugar jelly... so you want to be specific.. you pay for it
Old 10-15-06, 06:38 PM   #5
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
IP: 6096 0142

Plus, the manufacture Has to spend extra money to make it anyways. Alot of Reduced Sugar/Fat products aren't great money makers, so they are taking the time out to help you.

Don't they deserve a buck more to keep you healthy.
Old 10-15-06, 06:50 PM   #6
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -White Powder-
it costs more money period..... you may not believe the fractional amount of money that they would save off of NOT reducing the sugar from the jelly, due to the actual machinery and the set up needed to produce the reduced sugar jelly, it would cost more overall in production, considering people will still want regular sugar jelly... so you want to be specific.. you pay for it

But, why is it you can get 5 chicken wings and fried rice for like 4 bucks...Completely unhealthy food from the chinese joint...

But, try buying natural fruit juice, or even fruit itself (grapes/strawberries), you're gonna pay way more than it's unhealthy equivalent...

I mean, even wheat bread (which they say is healthier for you) is substantially more than white bread.

LM did make a good point though about healthy foods not selling more...I think if they reduced the price and sold in bulk, it'd make up the difference.
Old 10-15-06, 07:27 PM   #7
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

I love alot of healthy foods, just because alot of it have a natural taste. lol.

Shits ill.
Old 10-15-06, 07:40 PM   #8
C.March
-Certified Dope-

Quote:
Originally Posted by T ha Q
But, why is it you can get 5 chicken wings and fried rice for like 4 bucks...Completely unhealthy food from the chinese joint...

But, try buying natural fruit juice, or even fruit itself (grapes/strawberries), you're gonna pay way more than it's unhealthy equivalent...

I mean, even wheat bread (which they say is healthier for you) is substantially more than white bread.

LM did make a good point though about healthy foods not selling more...I think if they reduced the price and sold in bulk, it'd make up the difference.

It would be cheap as hell for that greasy chinese shit because its a mass produced item... like im talking MASS produced... because it sells.... does like fuckin soy milk sell as much as regular milk.. my assumption no.. because its soy milk... therefore not a lot of brands in the market and the market price can be set higher and those who want the product will pay the higher price because the demand is higher.
Old 10-15-06, 07:43 PM   #9
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
It would be cheap as hell for that greasy chinese shit because its a mass produced item... like im talking MASS produced... because it sells.... does like fuckin soy milk sell as much as regular milk.. my assumption no.. because its soy milk... therefore not a lot of brands in the market and the market price can be set higher and those who want the product will pay the higher price because the demand is higher.

But, is this a catch 22? Soy milk doesn't sell because...well, soy milk doesn't sell?

Come on man...

I think we need to invoke mind over matter here. Choice is a good thing. But, why make the healthier choice substantially more? I think we're being had here.

Old 10-15-06, 07:47 PM   #10
C.March
-Certified Dope-

Supply / Demand...

simple as that.....

The higher the demand the less supply, the higher the supply the less demand...

The higher the demand the more people are willing to pay for the products...

there are less companies in the soy milk market which means there is less supply, less supply = higher demand, higher demand = higher prices....

All natural stuff is going to be more expensive because it isnt mixed with preservatives and stuff that genetically alter the food somewhat... it is healthier, but more expensive to produce due to the quality standards required by the industry
Old 10-15-06, 07:48 PM   #11
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

YEa..they dont care about health..

It's all about the Benjamins.
Old 10-15-06, 07:51 PM   #12
C.March
-Certified Dope-

+ i forgot to add if its a necessitiy, people will pay whatever price needed for it... example gas.. its a necessity, sure some people wont pay certain amounts but the majority of people buy the gas when they need it (demand) and the gas is supplied.

Lets say tomato.. is genetically modified to be bigger, jucier and a nicer colour of red. Sure sweet a fucking dope tomato... though its not considered ALL NATURAL, which is the term used with MOST healthier foods... + a lot of healthy foods have vitamin supplements and other vitamin values in them, where as other food that is cheaper does not.
Old 10-15-06, 08:02 PM   #13
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Supply / Demand...

simple as that.....

The higher the demand the less supply, the higher the supply the less demand...

The higher the demand the more people are willing to pay for the products...

there are less companies in the soy milk market which means there is less supply, less supply = higher demand, higher demand = higher prices....

All natural stuff is going to be more expensive because it isnt mixed with preservatives and stuff that genetically alter the food somewhat... it is healthier, but more expensive to produce due to the quality standards required by the industry

preservatives don't "genetically" alter foods...

And, just because something isn't in supply doesn't mean it's in demand. That's dependent on whether or not people are actually buying it. If the manufacturers are engaging in economic triaje, then it makes sense that something like all-natural products be priced higher. The problem is, those products aren't as in high demand.

And, I'm not talking about different processing techniques. I'm talking about less sugar being added to a product. Come on. If that's all Smuckers made, then that's all people would buy. People tend to not think for themselves.

Old 10-15-06, 08:14 PM   #14
C.March
-Certified Dope-

It's personal preference, people have a choice.. pay more for less sugar or pay the usual price... its a different method to creating the jelly or w/e's therefore it may or may not cost more to produce.... also to, it depends what sells... if regular jelly sells id produce more wouldnt you?... if less sugar sells.. whoopdi do... u kno........

its all economic strategy and cornering the market / trying to shift consumer preference and choice.
Old 10-15-06, 10:04 PM   #15
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 0FC5 3457

It's kinda like why the sugarless syrup costs more then normal.

You have to boil down the sap, well a gallon of sap might make you a quart. In order to even get that much, they add a ton of sugar because they don't have to boil it down as much. So basically, add sugar = make more of the syrup and therefore more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.