RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-06, 11:15 AM   #1
Ms. Get Gully
Ms. Get Gully

Cocaine

IP:

Seen a little bit of this documentary on the history channel about how it all came about and what not.

the part I tuned in on was how they said back in the days when coca leaves were discovered people were using it for a quick pick me up. instead of going and getting coffee in the morning..they'd go pick some coca leaves and eat them. then they said once scientist got to the leaves, they mixed chemicals and whatever in it to make it cocaine. they said they used it in cough medicine ALL the time. and people never knew it was in the cough medicine and were giving it to their kids and everything. there was one scientist/psycologist. who started taking cocaine everyday morning noon and night.. and would record his feelings and said how his sex drive would go up the wall and that it made him more creative blah blah...

But what i found to be fucked up about it was that they said they used to give cocaine to slaves, so that their endurance would increase and they'd be able to work longer hours. But they said cocaine was A okay in the beginning and was just this miricale drug that wasnt illegal. until one day a few slaves rebelled against the slave owners..........

from what i gathered they pretty much said that cocaine became illegal because slaves whom of which were beating ragged seen friends and family killed on the spot...slaves whom of which were held against their will...slaves whom of which barely ate...and wasnt allowed to be taught or to learn anything....basically acted in such rage because of JUST the drug alone.
and on top of that..they really made it illegal because they knew about how the drug had an effect on the sex drive and felt that all the slave men would rape the white women.....

Bull shit.

just thought id share that .