RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-07, 04:49 AM   #1
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
By Request: "Assessing the current state of hip hop."

IP: 8E3C C4ED

To access the article, click the link in my sig or go here.

..................... Or here.
Old 01-08-07, 07:42 AM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 67D5 4B8C

Hip-hop just needs to grow up a little.. Theres just so much gangsta bullshit and juvenile nonsense out there for it to actually be worthwhile these days......

People see the novelty behind it at times, especially battling but even the club stuff is really weak.. I'd 1,000 times prefer to go to a club thats playing house music or techno rather than rap..

I rap because I enjoy the creative outlet writing lyrics gives me and I'll continue to release music because its something I enjoy doing on a personal level.. But fuck following the crowd through the full on media hoo jah that takes away from the realness of hip hop.... I dont wanna see lil dipshit and young stooge on my tv informing me all hopes and ambitions for their career lie in 3 minutes of arbitrary shittalking and self glorification..

Thats juvenile as fuck... Is hip hop a bunch of kids that never grew up?

I thought your article was very opinionated... Didnt totally agree on your eminem comments and I think a large chunk of your paragraphs could have just been summed up as "hip hop had a boom and its become monotonous and lacks originality at the moment"...

But whatever..................................
Old 01-08-07, 03:16 PM   #3
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: DAD1 8D50

Hip Hop in general is Yin and yang.
We have both sides to it, but as much as I hate the weak fake bullshit that portrays hip hop as screaming, bling, hoes money and cars and basically all round generic money making tactics it is contered by the current state of the underground.
With everything ,theres a fake side and a real side, even with each and every person we all have two sides to us. Just with hip hop the wrong side has prevailed. The fake shit sells. Simple!

The music side of hip hop has been devided. Theres also a new Genre of music coming out,that should be a sub genre of rap music. But the same with the culture. With weak fake bullshit theres the real pure essence of the music.
Humans are stupid (majority), so pathetic mindless music sells, thats fact!
On a personal note, I would love hip hop to die, I would love the money thats going into rap music and Hip Hop culture in general to go into rock, or Pop.
Why?! Cause once hip hop is no longer "cool" The real heads that respect live and love the culture, will stay repping, while the crowed followers will all of a sudden become skateboarding Emo kids.
I am actually very content with the music at the moment, cause if we search deep underground we find some of the most pure Hip Hop music that the culture has ever heard. So I guess the more wack the mainstream gets, the more solid our underground gets.

End a the day, a outsider looking at rap music will see a fucked up image. Raps fucked, but so is earth. Deal with it.
Old 01-08-07, 04:33 PM   #4
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Hip-hop just needs to grow up a little.. Theres just so much gangsta bullshit and juvenile nonsense out there for it to actually be worthwhile these days......

People see the novelty behind it at times, especially battling but even the club stuff is really weak.. I'd 1,000 times prefer to go to a club thats playing house music or techno rather than rap..

I rap because I enjoy the creative outlet writing lyrics gives me and I'll continue to release music because its something I enjoy doing on a personal level.. But fuck following the crowd through the full on media hoo jah that takes away from the realness of hip hop.... I dont wanna see lil dipshit and young stooge on my tv informing me all hopes and ambitions for their career lie in 3 minutes of arbitrary shittalking and self glorification..

Thats juvenile as fuck... Is hip hop a bunch of kids that never grew up?

I thought your article was very opinionated... Didnt totally agree on your eminem comments and I think a large chunk of your paragraphs could have just been summed up as "hip hop had a boom and its become monotonous and lacks originality at the moment"...

But whatever..................................

What was it you didn't agree with in regard to Eminem?
Old 01-09-07, 02:15 AM   #5
villagepimp
Geaux Fuck Yourself

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: EE73 7F76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysdat
Humans are stupid (majority), so pathetic mindless music sells, thats fact!
On a personal note, I would love hip hop to die, I would love the money thats going into rap music and Hip Hop culture in general to go into rock, or Pop.
Why?! Cause once hip hop is no longer "cool" The real heads that respect live and love the culture, will stay repping, while the crowed followers will all of a sudden become skateboarding Emo kids.

Sir, it's already started happening.

King of Missouri

I Fucked Mack's Mom. And I Liked It.

-[p-S-a]-
2003-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
^dude it's poetic, what did you expect? He believed his ex still loved him after cheating on him with 9 guys and 1 girl.

Send a message via AIM to villagepimp Send a message via MSN to villagepimp Send a message via Yahoo to villagepimp   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 02:40 AM   #6
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Actually I have noticed that rock and other pop music and shit is getting more play lately...
Old 01-09-07, 05:53 AM   #7
villagepimp
Geaux Fuck Yourself

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: EE73 7F76

White teens (like 90 bajillion % of sales lol) aren't listening to the rap anymore. Plain and simple. The music trend is changing again. We all knew it was coming, it always happens. The punk rock emo shit is now mainstream, hip-hop not so much. It's going to slow wayyy down this year (hopefully I'm wrong).

King of Missouri

I Fucked Mack's Mom. And I Liked It.

-[p-S-a]-
2003-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
^dude it's poetic, what did you expect? He believed his ex still loved him after cheating on him with 9 guys and 1 girl.

Send a message via AIM to villagepimp Send a message via MSN to villagepimp Send a message via Yahoo to villagepimp   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 06:57 AM   #8
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 279C 786E

lol.....rap is a joke now a days ne ways.....

its all in what you feel represents you...

i love Em's Slim Shady LP, becuase he was real...he talked about hard shit...going throu problems like i do...

his Encore CD....whack....

rap is like a rollercoaster.....up and down...

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 01-09-07, 09:13 AM   #9
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: A7D7 F78A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
What was it you didn't agree with in regard to Eminem?

Eh.. Just the whole cocksucking'ness of that paragraph..

I wouldnt have ample faith in eminem actually being like that. I get the feeling hes lost it and thats just a scape goat...

Besides, even if he did throw out a few shit songs to make fun of the rap industry.....What a fucking fairy.......Thats just part of why hip hop is in demise in the first place and rappers in his position who do that should be crucified..

I just wouldnt be giving him mad propers like hes done something good by falling off...
Old 01-09-07, 03:35 PM   #10
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

He has released some dope songs recently, its not like he has completely lost it.