RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-07, 11:53 PM   #1
Restricted
DaTrus Is A Bitch!

Text Record: 59-10
Audio Record: 1-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
New League

IP: 28D3 6AD2

I've spoken with Strobe, and he has decided to let me run a new league.

With "Rap Superstar" falling through, it opened a window for me to start something diffrent.

The league is called "Thousand Wordz Worth (T.W.W.)

This is a picture/graphics battle league..

There are twists to the battles though, as you may be challenged to diss yourself (while posting up the picture your dissing of yourself) as the person your battling does the same, and the persons best verse will win for that battle.

I figure it brings a fresh new uplift to this battle site. Fuck the played concepts and bullshit votes people feel fucked out of, this will allow for none of that. Just straight personals and concepts that will go with the pictures, so you know they haven't been heard before...

Anyways, let me know if this sounds good...if not, I'll pm Strobe back tonight and tell him to just forget about it, that the members didn't like the idea.

@Q
Old 01-20-07, 10:48 AM   #2
Restricted
DaTrus Is A Bitch!

IP: 8B01 C1C9

Well it's up, before I start making threads and shit, let me know..
Old 01-20-07, 11:01 AM   #3
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 5338 849F

Its an alright idea.... but you've got have enough battlers with pictures willing to participate. Also, you don't want to make it too much like the IBA over on B-boys.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 11:09 AM   #4
Restricted
DaTrus Is A Bitch!

I've never been to B-Boys..so I have no clue what the IBA is lol

I feel you about the battlers and that's what I want to make sure I have before I start it up..

I mean these cats always claim about hearing played concepts and how they get personal because they don't know the dude they rapping against.

Well this league is the truth to prove who the real battlers are. It takes a real emcee to see the person, and diss the hell out of them with original lines that relate to the persons picture. This is what it is all about. Those unwiling to participate are those who would get clowned off this site lol

Anyways, I was thinking (tell me if you like) instead of having a week or so to write.

I was thinking...the challengers post up pictures the day the verses are due, like the pictures will be due before noon, and then the verses will be due around 2.

Which only gives people 2 hours to write, which I still believe is way too much, but it's whatever.

Also, I was thinking of making this an audio/accapella kinda battle thing as well for the audio cats..

Instead of having beats and taking the time to write their battle verses and record them perfectly, this is a straight accapella battle with no beat. So it would honestly be raw like a street battle..

Let me know, also include your own ideas in this thread and let me know what everyones feeling..
Old 01-20-07, 01:49 PM   #5
Restricted
DaTrus Is A Bitch!

Uppin This Thread
Old 01-20-07, 02:13 PM   #6
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP: 771A 8347

Well let me post my opinion on this.

Seeing as there is already a text league on this site, it would be pointless to make another one. And seeing how unsuccessful audio leagues have been in the past on this site I'd advice against making another one.

What I propose is that you talk to DTH and join your two leagues together and make it a pic battle league and have different scenarios each week. Like, one week two people can most their pics and battle each other and then there can be celeb pic battles the next and it would keep the league fresh and interesting and people would drop much less played concepts and no show due to lack of motivation.

Consider my advice, I think it has some value.
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 02:51 PM   #7
Restricted
DaTrus Is A Bitch!

If we join the two leagues, everyone would lose their already rankings/records, they have in the current league..which I know would cause problems among some of the "net" cats who really care about that shit..

The league that DTH has, is pretty dead right now..I looked to be active when I first signed up last week, but man, there we like 80% no shows this week, it was crazy..and the voting isn't good.

I think the whole league and battling aspect of this site needs rejuivinated, because it isn't what it used to be...
Old 01-21-07, 07:06 AM   #8
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP: CBC9 4DE6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-Que
If we join the two leagues, everyone would lose their already rankings/records, they have in the current league..which I know would cause problems among some of the "net" cats who really care about that shit..

The league that DTH has, is pretty dead right now..I looked to be active when I first signed up last week, but man, there we like 80% no shows this week, it was crazy..and the voting isn't good.

I think the whole league and battling aspect of this site needs rejuivinated, because it isn't what it used to be...

No rankings and stats have to be lost, merely continued onto the new league. Seeing as LBL is a permanant league anyway there is no reason for people to lose their rankings.
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote