RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-07, 09:10 AM   #1
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
when does it become a problem??

IP: 2020 96DE

i pretty much know the answer along with everybody else but i cant avoid asking this anyways. when do you think drugs/alcohol become a problem and not just fun no more. i mean for the lil less obvious reasons.
Old 04-24-07, 09:17 AM   #2
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP: 47F3 E0A2

Here's your answer.

I'll use myself as the example.

1. I don't do drugs. Why? I have NO DESIRE to do them.

2. I drink maybe once every 3 months. Why? I have very little desire to drink.

It's known that alcoholism is a disease. And, certain people, through genetic disposition, are more likely to suffer from drug addictions. So, if you're able to go 3 months--FORGET THAT--2 weeks without a drink or drugs, then you DON'T have an addiction. If, however, you can't go 2 or more weeks without drugs/alcohol, but DESIRE to do so, then you have a problem.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 09:19 AM   #3
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: BB88 B870

I dunno... People only really see that shit as a problem when it disrupts the function of your role in society. You can't work when you're high or drunk all the time. If you can't work, the government can't tax you. Therefore it is expected in society, it has been burnt into our culture that you are going to have to admit you have a problem and try to fix it. If not, you're a failure.

Depends what world you're living in though. In my world weed is still relaxing, still makes food taste better and music sound better, and it doesn't matter that I skip "more important" things sometimes to have a smoke and eat some KFC.
Old 04-24-07, 09:22 AM   #4
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

^^i smoke weed atleast 2-3 times a week, think bout it more than i should, and im even skipping school to get high right now as i type. i got expelled for drinking, i got drunk off of anything that was in the house and i would drink right now if i could. lol would u say i have a problem? (to tha Q)
Old 04-24-07, 09:27 AM   #5
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Trash
^^i smoke weed atleast 2-3 times a week, think bout it more than i should, and im even skipping school to get high right now as i type. i got expelled for drinking, i got drunk off of anything that was in the house and i would drink right now if i could. lol would u say i have a problem? (to tha Q)

If you have a problem, it's deeper than weed and alcohol.
Old 04-24-07, 09:31 AM   #6
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

^^well if it makes me feel better than when im sober, if it starts effecting my school, and people around me like my parents and shit and i do it even when im alone and there's nothing social about it then wouldnt it be considered some kind of drug problem?? i aint trying to give no big sob story or anything so i am just simply gonna say that it does go a lil deeper than just weed and alcohol. but i mean it aint just why u do it.

Last edited by White Trash : 04-24-07 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-24-07, 09:32 AM   #7
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 5604 99A1

well if anything ima social drinker i got out and drink although these last couple of weeks i've been off alcohol and i've maybe had 4-5 pints throughout the last fortnight...although expect that shit to change when i move into The Crown (pub)...my girl expects me to be drinking every night lol...i prolly wont to be fair but the temptation of alcohol will become greater that im completely aware of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 09:53 AM   #8
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP: 47F3 E0A2

Quote:

I think you have a problem if you can't control it.

For example, if you WANT to go without drinking, but CAN'T, then you have a problem.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 09:58 AM   #9
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 5604 99A1

^ i had that saturday...went to my local soon to be home lol..but didnt touch a single pint...until we had a lock in then i started drinking...however during the open hours i was feelin like i couldnt drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 10:04 AM   #10
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha .Q
I think you have a problem if you can't control it.

For example, if you WANT to go without drinking, but CAN'T, then you have a problem.

haha i'll use the normal drug addict qoute "i could stop anytime i want to" but what if i dont ever want to then i cant stop if i cant want to.
Old 04-24-07, 10:06 AM   #11
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
^^well if it makes me feel better than when im sober, if it starts effecting my school, and people around me like my parents and shit and i do it even when im alone and there's nothing social about it then wouldnt it be considered some kind of drug problem?? i aint trying to give no big sob story or anything so i am just simply gonna say that it does go a lil deeper than just weed and alcohol. but i mean it aint just why u do it.

Personally, it sounds to me like you just have a problem you're blaming on drugs. If weed and alcohol were responsible for your problems, then everybody that does them would be having the same problems.

You probably have a deficient personality or something, which is causing a dependency on drugs, among other things. Quitting weed and alcohol might help you, but it is similar to if you were weeding a garden. You have to pull them out by the roots, otherwise they will survive and grow back. Your problems might not come back as drug problems but they'll still be there.
Old 04-24-07, 10:23 AM   #12
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

^^your right my problems would still be there i aint trying to say that drugs actually make it better but it makes me feel better when im still in the same situation. like i dont have to care and i can just enjoy being high instead of stressing myself out with everything that i have a problem with. i'd risk anything just to be able to feel that way and weed is the only thing that can give me that feeling since i cant change how im living this very instant. its just this lifestyle im living in right now that makes me deny my morals and do whats wrong when i know whats right. theres so much im risking with weed and the other irresponsible actions im taking in life and theres alotta shit thats telling me i should stop but it cant fully convince me to. i aint really blaming my problems in life on drugs but it is becoming a problem i just dont like to label it as a problem when it makes me feel so much better
Old 04-24-07, 10:42 AM   #13
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

I used to be like you, I was fucked up. Doing things I knew were wrong, not seeing school as important. I believed in myself though, I was determined, I was finally able to do well at school.

And you know where it got me? To exactly the same problems I was having before, only in a different form. Where was my promised happiness? There was never such a thing.

The sad truth is that nothing will ever get better in life, ever. If it does you aren't looking at it in the right way. It's hard for me to explain this, it's going to sound weird or something, but you have to give up completely on life to fully experience it. The only reason what you're doing is wrong is because you don't understand what you're doing.

Give up on success and there's no way you can't be successful. Just look at what you're doing, you obviously feel bad about it so wtf are you even doing? What kind of idiot sits there and goes "Yeah, I have a problem, is this a problem? I'm doing something wrong, oh no, its affecting my school and family! blah blah blah" Just get over it and really look into yourself, stop lying, you don't even know you're lying because it's you that's lying, but seriously stop kidding yourself.

If you see the truth about the matter, your desires will probably disappear. Anyway, everything I've said to you is useless because I can't express my point properly and you won't get what I mean. If you want a sure fire way to make your life better, look up the 10 buddhist precepts or the 10 commandments and follow them for a while. Once you understand, you can break them, but only when you understand.
Old 04-24-07, 11:08 AM   #14
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

^^nah i understand what u mean but i know what im doing. its just i cant help from giving into my temptations no matter how guilty i feel about it. thats why im doing this despite all the shit i know its affecting or whatever. lol if i sound like an idiot then i sound like an idiot. and im kinda in denial about it being a problem no matter how much i know its a problem, thats why i cant refrain from asking whether it is or not. im hoping i hear "no" and i already addressed the problem i cant lose the desire simply by addressing it

Last edited by White Trash : 04-24-07 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-24-07, 11:35 AM   #15
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

No, you don't understand what you're doing. That is the only reason it would be best for you not to do it. I'll give you an example.

"I'm doing weed because it makes me feel good."

"I'm doing weed because it's cool to do it."

"I'm doing weed because it's fun."

"Even though weed fucks me up at school, I still do it because I want to feel good."

"Even though weed makes my parents angry, I still do it because I like it."

All of the above statements and probably any more you can think of are cases of not understanding what you are doing. Somebody who understands what they are doing would think the whole thing through and destroy their negative feelings about it, or come to the conclusion that they are going to stop it:

"I am doing weed because it alters my perceptions in a way that I find interesting. I understand it will most likely cause memory loss, lung cancer, decreased sperm count, could possibly cause mental problems, and is expensive. I also understand that there may be other problems I am not aware of that could arise from it. These things, to me, aren't necessarily problems. I am going to die, I have already lived, and I am willing to accept death at any moment. Many people may not understand my choice, they may think lowly of me, I forgive them. I understand their choices, their decisions are completely valid.

Weed may affect my education and future career. I am OK with that, since I can see through the false priorities society has created. For practical purposes, I will pursue a career like everyone else, but I realize that it is not important for my happiness.

Everybody around me is going to die, my relationships with them are impermanent. Any pain in them caused by me is a result of misunderstanding, so it is alright if weed affects my relationships. Though, I am sorry they had to feel that way, and I will do my best to liberate them from their suffering because I love them.

Weed is not necessary for my happiness, I don't need to do it. I realize that it is impossible for weed to really stop any of my suffering or really grant me true happiness.

I am happy with doing weed. I see that all the negative effects I thought it had were actually illusions, my guilt and desire to stop doing it have disappeared, and I feel completely content."

The above statement shows how somebody who understands what they are doing would deal with their "problem." This is just one example, it could have gone the other way and ended with "I will stop doing weed, and I am completely content with stopping." And there would be no conflicting desires in that case either. I know it's pretty long, usually all of that dialogue would be condensed into a few feelings or thought processes or something.