RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-07, 08:04 PM   #1
iamthatdude87
Addicted

DEBATE LYRICS "DONT MATTER" OFF ALLHIPHOP.COM FORUMS

IP: A070 F348

Most will read the title and go from there... but for those who actually read to see the point people are trying to make with their title, continue reading.

How much do you support these so-called "lyrical rappers"? How much do you support these "poets"? How much do you support the "spoken word" artform?

Me myself I enjoy to hear someone spit some deep shit from time to time.... But it's not going to change nothing, my personality is set in stone my opinions change with age and experience... not what I heard on some lyrical rapper's CD. But if you are diffren't, that's you, It's all good.

When I say Lyrics don't matter with this hip hop shit I mean. 2 things.

1. 90% of the time I see some hip hop fan bleeding heavy from the puss, because another hip hop fan doesn't give a shit about their favorite rapper. Nor the fact that said rapper is lyrical (according to bleeding puss hip hop fan's standards), when in fact this shit didn't start as being lyrical (The MC was no more than a Hype Man)... but time and time again we see hip hop fan's with limited memory and can't remember when hip hop wasn't lyrical, and was 2 turntables, A mic & niggas dancing and shit. niggas are quick to say (insert party song) isn't hip hop, when Hip Hop started as party songs. Rappers Delight was not lyrical, and Is a Party Song. and It is the definition of Hip Hop.... but some fan's memories can't go back that far to the day's when Busy B used to rock the house (with his non lyrical ass) he was hip hop. I just can't help but to LMAO when I hear some minstrating hip hop fan getting pissed saying "so and so aint hip hop, because he aint lyrical"

2. This shit is for entertainment... some people are entertained by lyrics, and a rappers lyrical ability, and some are not. Some are entertained by an artist song making ability. (me personally I like both), but am I wrong for not liking a Lyrical song, by an artist who has great lyrical ability like Canibus, because his song is boring as hell... or am I wrong for Liking an artist who is basically rambling on a mic but the song still sounds good, like Gucci Mane? or is it possible that I can like both, depending on what mood i'm in? I see a lot of niggas piss on themselves because niggas aren't fans of the same rappers that they like....Those niggas are bitches... If you don't like who I like, fine. we can discuss it and I will explain to you why I like who I like if you want me to, and it's all good, but niggas act like they are their favorite rappers bottom bitch and will defend them to the death if somebody calls their favorite rapper wack. (Got damn Flunkies)

Nobody on this site can sit here and tell me that every rapper that they listen to is some sort of Lyrical Beast. some of them niggas ya'll like are appeling to you because their songs just sound good.

I'm not saying not to make Lyrical music,(I like that shit) but if a song aint lyrical but still sounds good what's the problem
Old 12-20-07, 08:25 PM   #2
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: A415 8AC5

yeah, but rappers back in tha 70's/80's didn't know any better. most anyway. :/ werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 12-20-07, 08:27 PM   #3
iamthatdude87
Addicted

IP: A070 F348

to me thats jus an excuse....we use the same vocabluary as they did back in the day..the only thing different is slang
Old 12-20-07, 08:33 PM   #4
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: A1B6 EEE4

That was hip hop STARTED as but do you seriously think over 2 decades, rap should be viewed the same way?
I sure as hell hope not.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 08:34 PM   #5
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

yeah, but back then they didn't really know about multie sylable rhymez n shit like that. n to me anyway, multies = lyrical, az long az they stay on subject n shit. but, Eazy-E wuzznt very lyrical, n he's my favorite rapper, but that wuz back then. but some shit today iz just rediculous (soulja boy) naw mean? its just fuckin stupid. too unlyrical. werd

Old 12-20-07, 08:39 PM   #6
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
That was hip hop STARTED as but do you seriously think over 2 decades, rap should be viewed the same way?
I sure as hell hope not.

werd.

if GTA 4 comes out lookin like GTA 1 n 2, n Rockstar said "well that's how it started, blah blah blah" ima be like "giiiirl, ima go git my nails done then come back n ima just, ima just scratch yo eyes out, like rawr rawr, scratch scratch" just in a mo manly fashion. werd

Old 12-20-07, 08:40 PM   #7
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: A1B6 EEE4

"I DRIVE REAL FAST I DONT LIKE TO DRIVE SLOW!
i dont like to drive slow
i dont like to drive slow!"

and thats an actual song.. by Gucci Mane

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 08:40 PM   #8
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 9B2C 9A4D

I feel that there are different types of hip hop, let alone different types of music. So, all rap doesn't have to be lyrical. It's also pompous in some cases of rappers believing their lyrics are deep, profound, or esoteric. It's all relative. What's deep to you may be elementary to me.

Appreciate music for what it's for.

Prime example: SOULJAH BOY

His song Superman dat hoe is all hook...but, it works and I like it for what it is...

I think he is a bad rapper tho...BUt, the song itself is catchy...can't hate on that.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 08:54 PM   #9
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: E56F 9A69

Man... This is the most stupid argument I've heard in ages..

Why make a big deal out of this bullshit?

So you like some songs with crappy lyrics and other people dont... Shit I listen to mostly house and trance music these days cause all the new hip hop except some tracks I hear are just dickheads rapping about how hard they think they are.

And fuck you if you think I'd waste my time listening to why I should like them, I just dont...

Full stop, no room for argument...

Why did you even bother writing this thread...
Old 12-20-07, 08:55 PM   #10
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: E56F 9A69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha .Q
I feel that there are different types of hip hop, let alone different types of music. So, all rap doesn't have to be lyrical. It's also pompous in some cases of rappers believing their lyrics are deep, profound, or esoteric. It's all relative. What's deep to you may be elementary to me.

Appreciate music for what it's for.

Prime example: SOULJAH BOY

His song Superman dat hoe is all hook...but, it works and I like it for what it is...

I think he is a bad rapper tho...BUt, the song itself is catchy...can't hate on that.

Shit I hate that song...
Old 03-04-08, 10:18 AM   #11
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: F540 07B2

Lmfao, we should take a way the three point line in the NBA because three pointers didn't matter when basketball first started.

Dumb ass arguemant
Old 03-04-08, 10:40 AM   #12
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: F540 07B2

anyways here's the thing, Rappers Delight was good, Rakim was fucking raw but he wasn't crazy lyrical, even Biggie wasn't that lyrical compared to how Pun and Big L did it, but they were all sick, but other dudes do that same style, they do the same kinda music but they suck at it. It's not that type of rap that sucks, it all depends who the rapper is. I've heard a few bay area groups that I like, because they're good. E-40 from what i've heard so far sucks, Mac Dre sucks, etc etc.. Thats how I feel it is
Old 03-04-08, 02:37 PM   #13
Jay Rose
I don't lose

Audio Record: 7-1
IP: 444F 954F

i think his main point can be summed up as.....

"one mans trash is another mans treasure"

because someone has an opnion on what hip-hop is, doesnt mean its really waht hip-hop is...

i view non-lyrical rap (party songs mostly) as a different genre of hip-hop
as an art form they are right to the point, entertaining, catchy, and concise

lyrical is deeper, more abstract, complex, yet also entertaining in a different way...

so when compared to another art form

its like a portrait to a pacaso...though the pacaso may be more masterful and complex the portrait is still art...and some people love it just as much....

one mans trash, is another mans treasure.....

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead

Old 03-04-08, 03:23 PM   #14
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3223 240D

You can't argue with taste.

Some people like lyrical music, some people don't. Nobody "should" like anything for any reason, they just like whatever they like.
Old 03-04-08, 03:34 PM   #15
Magic5

IP: 3481 DB0B

You should like what I like because I'm cool.